Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hedo PTSD

Lol Thanks Happy! I told my wife that maybe someday down the road someone will actually refer to us as the tall blonde with the smoking hot Husband...but im not holding my breath...lol.

I can find humor in a lot of things but 22 vets take their life each day due to PTSD. I find no humor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by hedoshedo50 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is funny does not have PTSD. I have complex PTSD and there is nothing funny about it. Anyone who does is a real a-hole.
    Someone left a guilt laying around, I almost tripped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw11b View Post
    I can find humor in a lot of things but 22 vets take their life each day due to PTSD. I find no humor in that.
    Absolutely. And honestly, I was shocked at this thread and did not read it for the very reason- I found it offensive. Not because I don't have a sense of humor. Because i don't find it funny. There is a difference.

We already have a word/expression for this: DIF.
    There is no reason to draw any comparison to those who truly experience a trauma to those returning from vacation. Even a truly awesome one.

The struggle to have our governments (Canada and US share this closely) acknowledge, understand, and react to PTSD is reason enough that this will never actually be funny. And then there's the utter lack of understanding of our society. I truly do not believe the original poster meant to demean such a serious issue. But this presents a great chance to broaden awareness.

I lost a friend, a HEDO friend, actually, to PTSD. I assure you, neither he, nor his wife, would have ever compared missing vacation to what he went through.

Sigh.......

PTSD is sometimes very deep. Once my friend having suffered more traumatic car accident, a person with PTSD feels a strong fear and avoids transport or driving. The same can happen in other situations ...

As a combat vet who is 40% disabled as a result of what things I saw and did in my service to my country. This saying about PTSD pretty much somes it up " I wish my mind would forget those things my eyes saw" So when I go to Hedo I soak everything in so I remember. Sometimes in a moment of humor wrong words are used. One love! My peoples!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Absolutely. And honestly, I was shocked at this thread and did not read it for the very reason- I found it offensive. Not because I don't have a sense of humor. Because i don't find it funny. There is a difference.

We already have a word/expression for this: DIF.
    There is no reason to draw any comparison to those who truly experience a trauma to those returning from vacation. Even a truly awesome one.

The struggle to have our governments (Canada and US share this closely) acknowledge, understand, and react to PTSD is reason enough that this will never actually be funny. And then there's the utter lack of understanding of our society. I truly do not believe the original poster meant to demean such a serious issue. But this presents a great chance to broaden awareness.

I lost a friend, a HEDO friend, actually, to PTSD. I assure you, neither he, nor his wife, would have ever compared missing vacation to what he went through.
    Thank You Philly Girl, The Veterans Administration in the US is finally coming to understand that PTSD is something that cannot be cured nor can it be solved by medicating someone into a zombie. Soon I hope they see the benefit of marijuana as a way to help with those suffering with PTSD. When they change one med in the cocktail it causes issues many times. Ganja/herb/weed/pot Helps its been proven BUT the Federal Government says NO. Again thank you for your support. We appreciate it.

So When you see me there in June and there is a Cloud of smoke surrounding my head. I'm not a pot head but a VET who is on vacation trying to have fun and relax.
    Last edited by Ken_Memphis; 04-30-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    Thank You Philly Girl, The Veterans Administration in the US is finally coming to understand that PTSD is something that cannot be cured nor can it be solved by medicating someone into a zombie. Soon I hope they see the benefit of marijuana as a way to help with those suffering with PTSD. When they change one med in the cocktail it causes issues many times. Ganja/herb/weed/pot Helps its been proven BUT the Federal Government says NO. Again thank you for your support. We appreciate it.

So When you see me there in June and there is a Cloud of smoke surrounding my head. I'm not a pot head but a VET who is on vacation trying to have fun and relax.
    Thanks YOU for your service. It's a disgrace the way our veterans are treated in way too many cases. One of the charities I support provides support dogs for veterans. So much better than a drug cocktail! I can't be around smoke, but happy you have found something that works!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    As a combat vet who is 40% disabled as a result of what things I saw and did in my service to my country. This saying about PTSD pretty much somes it up " I wish my mind would forget those things my eyes saw" So when I go to Hedo I soak everything in so I remember. Sometimes in a moment of humor wrong words are used. One love! My peoples!
    Thank you Ken! While Hedo isn't my style. (Simply too stimulating for my boring self) We love au natural vacations. They strip the BS from living and bring live to its simplest form. Pure relaxation for a week is a treatment in itself. And yes, leaving such a peaceful, happy place, is traumatic. These vacations for all of us is an escape from the real world or the realities of our lives. For those of us with PTSD such a place is even more appreciated. I almost feel normal.

Humor taken as humor is very cathartic. It should be taken as such. The original comment was neither rude or derogatory to suffers of PTSD. It was an expression of distress and dread for leaving their "happy place". Yes those of us with PTSD live with this distress and dread a hundred times stronger and every minute of every day. After all this uproar I'm sure Peemoney would have chosen different words if he'd have known. So take in the vein it was intended, as humorous, and lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by buniff View Post
    Thank you Ken! While Hedo isn't my style. (Simply too stimulating for my boring self) We love au natural vacations. They strip the BS from living and bring live to its simplest form. Pure relaxation for a week is a treatment in itself. And yes, leaving such a peaceful, happy place, is traumatic. These vacations for all of us is an escape from the real world or the realities of our lives. For those of us with PTSD such a place is even more appreciated. I almost feel normal.

Humor taken as humor is very cathartic. It should be taken as such. The original comment was neither rude or derogatory to suffers of PTSD. It was an expression of distress and dread for leaving their "happy place". Yes those of us with PTSD live with this distress and dread a hundred times stronger and every minute of every day. After all this uproar I'm sure Peemoney would have chosen different words if he'd have known. So take in the vein it was intended, as humorous, and lets move on.
    Well said...

My husband is 100 percent PTSD and our Hedo vacation is paid by our budgeting from VA compensation. We go to Hedo to escape regular life and I asked his opinion...he said he did not feel the first poster meant anything but also that PTSD sufferers were rightly so extremely sensitive. Probably all could have been solved by when a person says Hey you have hurt me especially one of our veterans then apologize and move on.
    So let me say thank you for your service since I am assuming you said your brothers which is how our servicemen refer to each other.. Thank you. Sorry you were offended by anyone on these boards. PTSD is something that I live with everyday even if it is my spouse that has the condition.
    He never saw combat, yet still has to face as one poster stated many different types of triggers some even at Hedo itself like loud noises and crowds. We love the place but there are times that we may step away to prude beach or go for long walks and are so grateful for the friendships we quickly have been able to develop that have supported Sean that have lasted decades past a mere week at Hedo.

I believe George Carlin clarified it best what subjects are off limits when he talked about Elmer Fudd raping Daffy Duck. BTW - 9 years served USN

Quote Originally Posted by Hedofans33704 View Post
    I believe George Carlin clarified it best what subjects are off limits when he talked about Elmer Fudd raping Daffy Duck. BTW - 9 years served USN
    cute! My husband is a navy vet too.

He told me the joke the hardest part about eating a vegetable was the wheelchair!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12