Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Food at Hedonism - New Pictures

Registered User YoungSwingersWk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Food at Hedonism - New Pictures

A lot of people complain about the food at Hedonism. If they are complaining they most likely have not been to Hedonism in a while.

The food was excellent at Young Swingers® Week March 2016.

View even more photos at:
    http://www.youngswingersweek.com/photos.html

The food has been amazing there lately! So many great things to choose from at the buffet and all 3 restaurants are fantastic. I can't wait to go back

Haven't been to Hedo since last May. Going back May 22nd. Only complaint about Hedo over the years has been the food. Can't wait to see the improvements. Just one more reason to love the place.

True, very true..... We were there in the beginning of February and thought the food was delicious... We just so happened to be there for 2 Fridays and had the pleasure of enjoying the cook out. There were Lobster Tails flapping all over the place. They were plenty, and very very tasty.....
    Jo- & Mark

Friday cookout? That sounds great!

OK. I've been a fan of H2's food for a long time. It's always been fine. There's always been plenty of decent fare to chow down on. That said, I wouldn't call it "excellent dining". Yes, it's a good buffet for an AI. The specialty restaurants are very good - excellent for certain dishes. But... some things are very good.... and some aren't. The Friday grand gala buffet is typically great. Lots of decent sushi, grilled lobster tails, and a host of other stations.

I went to a bigger, nicer resort back in November in Jamaica with the family and then of course my yearly trip to Hedo in February and I have to say that Hedo's food BY FAR was better than the other resort we went to. I disliked most of the food they had there, it was bland and boring. The choices weren't that great either. The dining staff, although nice, needs a bit improvement on their skills. I think the food at Hedo is outstanding and the new dining room just improves it overall.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by myHedoHarlot View Post
    Haven't been to Hedo since last May. Going back May 22nd. Only complaint about Hedo over the years has been the food. Can't wait to see the improvements. Just one more reason to love the place.
    We'll see you there

Quote Originally Posted by MOBiPolyCpl View Post
    We'll see you there
    cum say hi if you see us.
    We come to play and play to cum!

We've only been to Hedo once (March 2016)... so we're no experts. But we've been to over a dozen all inclusive Caribbean resorts and countless restaurants around the world. The food at Hedo is OK and some nights are better than others.

The food served at the buffet is good. I didn't hear of anyone biting into something and spitting it out because it tasted horribly. The Friday lobster night is very nice and the sushi they serve that night is also very good. But when compared to some other all inclusive resorts, the variety is not as good and I didn't find any spectacular dishes (usually there is one or two awesome things at the buffet which send you back for seconds).

The Flame Grill was our favorite meal at Hedo, but if I was served that meal at a steakhouse back home, I would not return to that restaurant... not because the meal wasn't good, but because there are better restaurants out there.

I have to agree with previous posts about the late night pizza at the nude grill... it's on the same level as microwave pizza. Comes in really handy if you have the munchies, but otherwise, don't go out of your way to order it.

I was a little disappointed in the food on our virgin trip simply because people had talked it up so much on this forum. Most of the accolades coming from the more recent improvements in food quality. I write this only to give newbies an honest expectation of what they will find. Please don't read this as a complaint about the food, but rather... something to balance out some of the really positive reviews. Now that I know what to expect, I won't be disappointed next time (there will be a next time).

The food is good... Probably about a 3+ or 4 Star resort level of food. There is nothing which will make you sick or gross you out and most people will easily find something they like to eat. If you are a picky eater or are more of a food connoisseur, you will find it harder... but nothing really worth complaining about.

Hedo is not about the food! If food is what you focus on while at Hedo, you probably don't belong there.

Total agree with ShyinOntario about the food. The lack of variety is terrible. When you are paying thousands of dollars for a vacation you wouldn't expect to be served canned baked beans three times a day. Bacon that is under and over cooked at the same time, never correctly. Who puts canned mushrooms on a salad bar? The buffet food is never kept hot enough, and I mean it's barely warm at all. Not to mention there is no fly control, flies eat the food before you do. I do go to Hedo for the fun, but I would like the whole vacation experience for the money.

Just got back from Hedo. Food was excellent, especially Flame. I found Pastafari's menu is getting old and needs to see some new choices but the food was stiil great. As lobster season is currently closed we missed out on the Friday lobster tails
    Although Austin's omelettes are perfect, I can't eat them day afte day. Fortunately I discovered their Chicken Picante - delicious! Only disappointment was the midnight pizza - it hits the spot when in need but it's not very good, not to mention late night service at the nude pool is rather slow.

Quote Originally Posted by calcouple View Post
    Total agree with ShyinOntario about the food. The lack of variety is terrible. When you are paying thousands of dollars for a vacation you wouldn't expect to be served canned baked beans three times a day. Bacon that is under and over cooked at the same time, never correctly. Who puts canned mushrooms on a salad bar? The buffet food is never kept hot enough, and I mean it's barely warm at all. Not to mention there is no fly control, flies eat the food before you do. I do go to Hedo for the fun, but I would like the whole vacation experience for the money.
    I don't think that calcouple has been to Hedo recently, if at all. "Canned baked beans are never served there three times per day." That is just not factually correct. In our more than 30 weeks there we've never seen flies, and certainly not as any problem in the food areas. There may be canned mushrooms at the salad bar but there are also herbed mushrooms in olive oil. There complaints just don't add.

When Chef Antony arrived there three winters ago the food quality made a instant marked . It has continued to improve and rivals any 4 star all-inclusive anywhere. It's maybe not 5 star food, but it's not a five star hotel.

Agree that Anthony has been the best exec chef in our 30+ trips. He was a breath of fresh air 7 years ago, when he was brought in from GL. Glad to see him back in the last 3 years. The food has taken a significant upturn. That said, the breakfast fare was a bit repetitive. There were canned baked beans 5 days of the 7 we were there recently, and several other repeat side dishes. Personally, I had the beans, callaloo & dumplings every day... and it would've been great to have Ackee more often. But for some folks, mixing it up a bit more would be an asset.

agreed funfortwo, I didn't see any canned beans or flies... not sure if I'd say the variety is terrible (sounds too harsh for such a great place). The people who are the most disappointed in the food are the ones with the highest expectation. I was disappointed this trip because my expectations were too high, but I will have more reasonable expectations next trip.

It's true that Hedo is expensive and it would be nice if the food was 5 star like the price, but I understand that having a huge variety every night is difficult on a resort which only has 500 people in attendance... less than that off-peak. If they put out too much food they end up with too much left-overs which will have to find their way into tomorrow's dishes... or they run out of the unpredictably popular dishes part way through service... I understand the practicalities of the situation and sympathise.

From what I've read here, they've continually improved the food by changing staff and adding the Flame Grill this year. I can only expect that things will continue to improve and I'm excited to see what improvements happen before my next trip.

Pierre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast