Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Hedo Amigos and Young Swingers Week. 3/16-3/26

  1. #16
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaam View Post
    Not them but they are good friends, I will pass your wishes along next time we see them

    Ah ok yeah we were hedo neighbors for YSW week and one night Brett said they were gonna tear it up late and asked if it would it be ok if people spilled over into our hot tub. We told him to go for it and put a couple bottles of champagne on ice on their patio. We figured it would be mostly used for pouring on bodies and hopefully it was! We didn't hear a thing though as we were fully prepared for the afterparty and had our white noise apps on full volume lol.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  2. #17
    Registered User Brian&Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHedoCpl View Post
    Three weeks would kill us haha. I am still just way too immature to pace myself but if I geared down to my wife's routine of a lot more beach time I might be able to do 9 nights comfortably. Hedo is just so much fun though it is hard for us to stay away from the nude pool fun. And I see you are from kentucky. If you happen to be in louisville that is a great city. I travel there for work often and love it.
    We are a little over an hour west of Louisville in Owensboro. We sometimes fly from Louisville.
    FIRST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013 WITH THE SWITCH HITTERS


    SECOND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014

    THIRD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.

    FOURTH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016

    FIFTH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017


    SIXTH TRIP KETTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    202
    Glad you guys had a good trip and a great trip report. We overlapped with you for a couple days but I don't think we met you (unless that was you in the foam...) we don't remember meeting anyone from Chicago. Who knows, maybe we'll meet up next time.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    We went to Young Swingers Week this last March. This was our 3rd year with the group. We have been to Hedo about 8 or 9 times. We have been there with a couple of different groups. The Young Swingers is hands down our favorite. For the record, we are in our 40's and we had so much fun. We have a little bit of an advantage, we work out a lot and tend to look a little younger (we feel very lucky). So most people didn't know how old we were. A few couples thought we were joking when we told them. We know we only have a couple more years with the group, but we are going to enjoy every last one.
    It was a non-stop party. We at one point had about 15 people in a 6 person private hot tub. People who have been to Hedo understand. Everyone else, well they can only imagine. We don't go to Hedo anymore unless it's with the Young Swingers group. The group brings the sexiest, youngest, and hottest people. For years we had been looking for a group like this. We are not affiliated with YSW in any way. We just love Hedo and even more when YSW is there.

    WeAreFun

  5. #20
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreFun View Post
    We went to Young Swingers Week this last March. This was our 3rd year with the group. We have been to Hedo about 8 or 9 times. We have been there with a couple of different groups. The Young Swingers is hands down our favorite. For the record, we are in our 40's and we had so much fun. We have a little bit of an advantage, we work out a lot and tend to look a little younger (we feel very lucky). So most people didn't know how old we were. A few couples thought we were joking when we told them. We know we only have a couple more years with the group, but we are going to enjoy every last one.
    It was a non-stop party. We at one point had about 15 people in a 6 person private hot tub. People who have been to Hedo understand. Everyone else, well they can only imagine. We don't go to Hedo anymore unless it's with the Young Swingers group. The group brings the sexiest, youngest, and hottest people. For years we had been looking for a group like this. We are not affiliated with YSW in any way. We just love Hedo and even more when YSW is there.

    WeAreFun
    The groups make Hedo pretty unique and when you find a group of people you click with it just makes Hedo that much more addictive, so that is awesome for you. Thus far we have gone when it is convenient time wise and that has been the YSW twice. I think next year we are getting bumped ahead by a week so we will not be there then. We wish we got pushed back a week so we could do a full week of the Hedo Amigos as they were a lot of fun. However as many say on this forum, any week at Hedo is a great week.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    62
    Our first trip to Hedo was without a group and we had a good time but we were looking for more of a party and younger crowd. When we saw the Young Swingers group online we figured we would give it a try and we are so glad we did! Young Swingers is definitely an awesome group to go with! We have been to all 5 of their events and hopefully we wont ever have to miss one.
    The fun that is had with YSW cant even be explained. Like you said, people who have been to Hedo understand and the others can only imagine!
    See you next March

  7. #22
    Registered User Cdn_cpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    886
    I feel that it's really too bad that Hedo has evolved to be so dependant on groups, although I don't see Harry walking away from this business model anytime soon. What other resort has teams of outside people selling rooms for them at no cost to them other than giving away some free rooms?

    Most groups are full of fantastic people but there is the odd group out there that definitely changes the vibe (and not for the better), mostly because they've grown large enough to do so and entitlement is easy to assume when your group represents the majority of the guests. The danger becomes they tend to forget that there are other guests there that aren't in their group but paid just as much, if not more, to be there and enjoy their vacation as much as anyone else does. We all need to remember that respect for everyone at the resort is so important.

    We've been enough times and read enough reviews to know which groups we want to avoid, and which ones we'd love to join up with in the future. We're very social people and we don't need a group to feel like we fit in but if the Canadian dollar improves and it makes sense financially to go with a group there's a few we'd like to try, and a few we'd definitely avoid.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 04-21-2016 at 01:51 PM.

  8. #23
    Registered User Danny Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    422
    I guess here is my beef when it comes to groups. Does anyone really care what group you are with? I mean our first trip we went solo no group (we didn't even know there were groups) and no one from any of the several groups we met said waaaaiiit a minute!!! we cant hangout with you your not in our group. So i guess i am just too much of a noobie or just was blind to it but i never saw any one group treating another badly, i mean hell, how would you even know who is in who's group. Basically we picked a group for our next trip based on the time of year we were going and the deal they could get us. Nothing more.
    I certainly wont feel like a traitor for going with a different group each and every time i go if that was the case. Do people really have these type of ridiculous loyalties that would stop them from making friends with other people who weren't in there group?

    Sorry for the rant. Just my $.02 and not worth much i know....lol

  9. #24
    Registered User Cdn_cpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    886
    Totally agree with you Dannyboy, no we've never had anybody who wasn't friendly with us because we weren't in their group. Like I said, we don't feel like we need to be part of a group to fit in, just about everyone at Hedo is very open and friendly. There's many different types of groups that Hedo, some are just a loose group of people that book together to get a discount and others are have a very tight bond. The only point I was trying to make is that some groups, especially the very large ones, have developed that sense of entitlement that often rubs people the wrong way . The fact that this gets mentioned in trip reports says to me that it's definitely happening (I'm not referring to the excellent report here from Chitownhedocpl).

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    202
    OK, now you've peaked my curiosity... Which groups would you travel with, and which would you avoid? Or, which groups have a soiled reputation... And for what?

    We travelled with a large group (hedo amigos/ wild women). It was absolutely a resort takeover with over 300 people in the group. Nearly all the events are open to everyone and I didn't see anyone being excluded or left out. The only thing I noticed was the groups ability to move and change the theme nights... Which I found kind of annoying as a newbie. But I understand that if you go to hedo regularly, a change in the theme nights would be very welcome.

    Open for anyone to answer.
    Last edited by ShyinOntario; 04-21-2016 at 05:39 PM.

  11. #26
    Registered User Cdn_cpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    886
    Well if it's open to anyone maybe others will chime in but I'm not really interested in pointing fingers although I have been there when the Amigos where in the house and would definitely love to join up with that group.

  12. #27
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    I guess here is my beef when it comes to groups. Does anyone really care what group you are with? I mean our first trip we went solo no group (we didn't even know there were groups) and no one from any of the several groups we met said waaaaiiit a minute!!! we cant hangout with you your not in our group. So i guess i am just too much of a noobie or just was blind to it but i never saw any one group treating another badly, i mean hell, how would you even know who is in who's group. Basically we picked a group for our next trip based on the time of year we were going and the deal they could get us. Nothing more.
    I certainly wont feel like a traitor for going with a different group each and every time i go if that was the case. Do people really have these type of ridiculous loyalties that would stop them from making friends with other people who weren't in there group?

    Sorry for the rant. Just my $.02 and not worth much i know....lol
    Hey Dannyboy we totally agree with your statement that you should never feel like a group should preclude you from coming to Hedo. Sometimes it is on you to be able to find common ground with people to have and make a connection with people,at hedo or generally in life. My wife and I feel like we could get along with any group dynamics and we definitely did get along with the YSW crowd this year. In fact we were vacation neighbors this year with the two people who run the YSW group and they were awesome. Nothing but great things to say about them but the group dynamics certainly change the atmosphere and when the group gets big enough like CDN CPL said you do need to give some consideration about whether or not that group's focus or whatever is a match for you. And we are tied to the week we go at this point in our lives, not the group, just like you. Having said that the atmosphere does change at Hedo depending on the group so I do believe you should factor that into the week you decide on (if you have that flexibility). We had a few days with the amigos and then a full week with the young swingers. Both had their plusses and minuses. We could have fun with either crowd but it would be a different kind of fun with each group.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  13. #28
    Registered User locogringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    I certainly wont feel like a traitor for going with a different group each and every time i go if that was the case. Do people really have these type of ridiculous loyalties that would stop them from making friends with other people who weren't in there group?
    Going against what Danny Boy said, we're 8 trips in and have been a part of 6 different groups, usually because of when we were available to go (hectic work/life schedule) and who would be there at that time. All have been wonderful in their own ways, never demanded that anyone hang out exclusively with them, and we've never had an issue making friends outside of any group present. The biggest thing we enjoy about going with a group is the build-up for the trip that a group fosters. Whether there is a private Facebook page, group website, private forum on here, etc., the ability to interact with other folks who’ll be there when you will helps break the ice a little, and lets that awesome giddiness grow the closer you get to trip dates. Heck, some members of one group we were with were doing a live blog of their travel day because they got down a day early – made the rest of us sooo jealous but happy at the same time.

  14. #29
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by locogringo View Post
    Going against what Danny Boy said, we're 8 trips in and have been a part of 6 different groups, usually because of when we were available to go (hectic work/life schedule) and who would be there at that time. All have been wonderful in their own ways, never demanded that anyone hang out exclusively with them, and we've never had an issue making friends outside of any group present. The biggest thing we enjoy about going with a group is the build-up for the trip that a group fosters. Whether there is a private Facebook page, group website, private forum on here, etc., the ability to interact with other folks who’ll be there when you will helps break the ice a little, and lets that awesome giddiness grow the closer you get to trip dates. Heck, some members of one group we were with were doing a live blog of their travel day because they got down a day early – made the rest of us sooo jealous but happy at the same time.
    Hey locogringo totally agree with your comments, especially that part about the giddiness that lets you grow closer as you get near to your trip. by the way being illinois people where are you guys at? Chicago area or downstate?
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  15. #30
    Registered User locogringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    373
    Hey ChiTown - we're pretty much central downstate (hint - rub the nose)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1st Timer / Newbie Report at Hedo II with Young Swingers Week - March 2015
    By dmbcrush in forum Hedonism II Reviews & Trip Reports
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 08:40 AM
  3. Young Swingers Week October for second trip to Hedo!
    By AlwaysOnVacay in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 12:44 PM
  4. Hedo virgins no more! Newbies at Young Swingers Week
    By Tryinit in forum Hedonism II Reviews & Trip Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 06:20 PM
  5. Young Swingers Week
    By Lewis&Alice in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •