Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 4-11, 2016

Blog Entries

March 4-11, 2016

Short and sweet.

We arrived the 4 later in the day on Friday. Saturday we met a couple and explained our boundaries, they proceeded to push our boundaries which made us very uncomfortable and lead to a very unpleasant experience for us both.
    Sunday we both got the flu and had to spend two days sick in bed and we have been sick ever since, a little over two weeks now.

It was our first and last trip to Jamaica. We found the resort to be a 3 star at best and found the service far less than expected for the cost. It seemed like you were bothering them when you asked for water or a drink at dinner. I guess we are just used to top service when spending 6000.00 grand per week.

Not exactly what I'd call sweet....

I would suggest that perhaps your bad experience, plus being sick, lead you to not fully experience the pleasures of Hedo: the people, the staff, the concept.

Which is all a shame. And I feel bad for you.

Perhaps you should take that into account before blasting the service. They are sweet, genuine, happy people who have gone out of their way to make many of our vacations very special and memorable.
    I'm sorry that's not your recollection, but looking objectively, it does seem odd, right?

Hope you feel better. I know many who can't shake it. Good luck! (and antibiotics!)

Quote Originally Posted by hedoshedo50 View Post
    Short and sweet.

We arrived the 4 later in the day on Friday. Saturday we met a couple and explained our boundaries, they proceeded to push our boundaries which made us very uncomfortable and lead to a very unpleasant experience for us both.
    Sunday we both got the flu and had to spend two days sick in bed and we have been sick ever since, a little over two weeks now.

It was our first and last trip to Jamaica. We found the resort to be a 3 star at best and found the service far less than expected for the cost. It seemed like you were bothering them when you asked for water or a drink at dinner. I guess we are just used to top service when spending 6000.00 grand per week.
    Jeff and Wendy, I'm very sorry to hear you didn't have a good time. It's always tough when you have high expectations and they aren't met especially after participating in these forums so much before your trip. As phillygirl already said I'm sure that getting sick clouded your judgement and from being on the forums so much beforehand you should know that what you encountered with that couple is definitely not the norm at Hedo. But we've been there enough to know that Hedo isn't for everyone, some people just don't like the vibe. I hope you find somewhere you enjoy for your future vacations.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    FWIW,I have been sick on other vacations and it Totally ruins the experience regardless of where you are or what your vacation entails.Most people at Hedo are Very respectful.Too bad you encountered someone who wasn't.

Sorry your much anticipated trip turned out to be a bummer. After.starting off on a downer with a pushy couple (certainly not the norm) and then being sick on vacation certainly places a dark cloud on everything. There is some sort of virus going around here at home that takes weeks to get rid of. Get well soon and hope you find your vacation paradise.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

WOW I thought our service was fantastic in fact I have raved about the service to friends sorry to hear you had a shit time

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-16-2017 at 08:11 AM.

As newbies ourselves with a trip planned in September, we appreciate your sharing your experience. We are very sorry to hear about what happened and that you are ill as well. Please get better soon. As for the those not respecting boundaries, the lack of respect shown for them by those you described is very much a problem for newbies, as you all know and cannot be good for business. If that word gets out and around, everyone suffers. With this in mind, a question: What can newbies (or anyone for that matter) do to get back on track with the experience and not remove themselves from the experience because of the actions of a few? The money laid out is significant we, as an example, would not want to waste a day of it.
    One other question, if I may... Could the virus going around there be SIKA (spelling)? Does anyone know?

Weedfun. My wife and I have been to Hedo once and Desire once, so we are no experts. With that being said, a pushy couple or even several don't have to ruin your time. Simply let there be no misunderstanding about your position and be blunt if needed. My wife and I were propositioned several times while there and no one was ever what I would consider pushy. If a couple did pursue us I honestly was flattered but never felt threatened.In fact being noobs if we did not get the advances i doubt we would have worked up the courage to play with others which turned out to be an amazing experience for us. Although we have only been on the one trip I can promise you this, If you or your wife ever in any way felt threatened or she actually became afraid (god forbid) ,if she were to simply vocalize that at that moment she would have the aid of dozens of protective men at her side in a flash.
    I feel very badly that Hedoshedo50 had a terrible time but I can assure you this is a rarity and in fact I would say an anomaly. My wife and I loved every second of it as newbies and we are going back two times this year.

Dan
    Last edited by Danny Boy; 04-06-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Weedfun. My wife and I have been to Hedo once and Desire once, so we are no experts. With that being said, a pushy couple or even several don't have to ruin your time. Simply let there be no misunderstanding about your position and be blunt if needed. My wife and I were propositioned several times while there and no one was ever what I would consider pushy. If a couple did pursue us I honestly was flattered but never felt threatened.In fact being noobs if we did not get the advances i doubt we would have worked up the courage to play with others which turned out to be an amazing experience for us. Although we have only been one the one trip I can promise you this, If you or your wife ever in any way felt threatened or she actually became afraid (god forbid) ,if she were to simply vocalize that at that moment she would have the aid of dozens of protective men at her side in a flash.
    I feel very badly that Hedoshedo50 had a terrible time but I can assure you this is a rarity and in fact I would say an anomaly. My wife and I loved every second of it as newbies and we are going back two times this year.

Dan
    Danny Boy, I really really appreciate your straight between the eyes answer. My wife and I are hoping for much interaction with as many of you great people as we or you can stand. . That is one reason why we are going there...to mix it up...have some fun in the sun...make some friends...etc. I was only wondering what to do in the event if such a situation should arise. Your clear and concise answer really helps and makes a lot of sense. Once again, thank you very much to you and all of you on ATF for your guidance and sharing of your experience. 168 days and counting!

Blog Entries
    I have found over the years that people going at the exact same time to a resort ( not just Hedo ) can have two completely different experiences. Not in any way to reduce the bad experience that hedoshed50 had. Sorry you did not enjoy your time in Jamaica.
    Dave and Claire

We just went in febuary as newbies and we got approached a couple of times we said no and that was the end of it. No one else bothered us. Our first trip was amazing we went for 8 days and we loved it were going next febuary again for 2 weeks . It was amazing

Weneedfun16, My wife and I just returned from our newbie trip. We spent a lot of time with a very attractive couple who were strictly monogamous. Their perspective of what was pushy or creepy was much different than what we observed for the same encounter... what we interpreted as flirting, they thought was stalking (not exaggerating). I generally found that people who were flattered by sexual advances and some light touching didn't have any issues, but those who expect the level of "civility" you'd get at the community pool back home were often uncomfortable or creeped out. The vast majority of people we met were respectful, and a couple of guys were a little too groppy for our liking. Giving someone the "stink eye", putting your hand up in a stop sign motion or a polite "no" will stop nearly anyone.

I also found that what we personally felt was acceptable was highly dependent on whether or not we found them attractive. Because of this, we were forgiving to those who we felt went a little too far... after all, it's not their fault WE didn't find them attractive.

I suggest you discuss with your partner what to do when someone makes strong advances. The hardest thing for us, was telling someone we didn't find attractive "no thank you", when they politely asked to touch something or lick my wife's nipples... they asked so politely! Sometimes my wife would just let it go because the guy was polite and seemed harmless.

I think Hedoshedo's experience might be a little more than flirting gone too far, so this doesn't necessarily apply to them. Just addressing your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyinOntario View Post
    Weneedfun16, My wife and I just returned from our newbie trip. We spent a lot of time with a very attractive couple who were strictly monogamous. Their perspective of what was pushy or creepy was much different than what we observed for the same encounter... what we interpreted as flirting, they thought was stalking (not exaggerating). I generally found that people who were flattered by sexual advances and some light touching didn't have any issues, but those who expect the level of "civility" you'd get at the community pool back home were often uncomfortable or creeped out. The vast majority of people we met were respectful, and a couple of guys were a little too groppy for our liking. Giving someone the "stink eye", putting your hand up in a stop sign motion or a polite "no" will stop nearly anyone.

I also found that what we personally felt was acceptable was highly dependent on whether or not we found them attractive. Because of this, we were forgiving to those who we felt went a little too far... after all, it's not their fault WE didn't find them attractive.

I suggest you discuss with your partner what to do when someone makes strong advances. The hardest thing for us, was telling someone we didn't find attractive "no thank you", when they politely asked to touch something or lick my wife's nipples... they asked so politely! Sometimes my wife would just let it go because the guy was polite and seemed harmless.

I think Hedoshedo's experience might be a little more than flirting gone too far, so this doesn't necessarily apply to them. Just addressing your comments.
    You know, ShynOntario, that makes so much sense to us. There is no way that my wife and I are going to Hedo with it's reputation and all and expect to be totally left alone. My wife is cute as a button and I think will be irresistible to at least a few there. We are actually looking forward to it. As for boundaries? Well discussed already...and the excitement continues to build! As for the situation where it becomes necessary to 'push back'? Well, we are from the Chicago area....it's in our blood! . Just kidding. We don't see it as a problem. The only question for this newbie couple is will we have the courage to say yes if the opportunity presents itself. On that question, only time will tell. Hopefully, we will have already dealt with that by Sept. in a developing situation here locally. . Thank you so much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weneedfun16 View Post
    You know, ShynOntario, that makes so much sense to us. There is no way that my wife and I are going to Hedo with it's reputation and all and expect to be totally left alone. My wife is cute as a button and I think will be irresistible to at least a few there. We are actually looking forward to it. As for boundaries? Well discussed already...and the excitement continues to build! As for the situation where it becomes necessary to 'push back'? Well, we are from the Chicago area....it's in our blood! . Just kidding. We don't see it as a problem. The only question for this newbie couple is will we have the courage to say yes if the opportunity presents itself. On that question, only time will tell. Hopefully, we will have already dealt with that by Sept. in a developing situation here locally. . Thank you so much.

If you have a problem saying yes, then just say "sure", LOL

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast