Thread: Hedo Virgin Trip Report 2-29 - 3-3

Hedo Virgin Trip Report 2-29 - 3-3

Now that we're sadly back at our chilly Boston home after a week in Jamaica, we wanted to take a minute to give our trip report to the online forum gods.

Who - Mark (39) and Nicole (34)
    Trip details - 2/29 - 3/3 at Hedo (we spent an additional 3 nights decompressing at Couples Negril from 3/3 - 3/6)
    Accommodations - stayed in room 1244 on the Prude side.
    Flight / Transfer info - Flew Bos to MBJ on American, connecting in Miami. Arrived at MBJ at noon. Used Mobay Club arrival service for fast tracking through customs. Clive's private transport for transfer. Arrived at the resort by 2pm.

Although I had been to Jamaica twice prior, this was my first trip to hedo. Nicole had never been to Jamaica. We have both dabbled a bit in the lifestyle and are very liberally minded and enjoy sunbathing nude. We were curious about trying out a lifestyle resort like Hedo, Desires, or Temptation but weren't sure exactly how it would go. This in mind, and with my personal familiarity with Negril, we chose to split our week in half; spending 3 nights at Hedo and 3 nights at CN. This way, we figured, if we hated Hedo we'd at least have CN to close out the trip. Spoiler Alert: We didn't hate Hedo at all!

As we arrived at the resort, the check-in process was super quick and seamless. We were through registration and in our room with our bags, drink in hand in just a few minutes. The registration assistant gave us a quick layout of the resort on the walk to the room. Once there, we changed quickly to our suits and made our way to the lunch buffet for a much needed lunch. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the "prude" pool was filled with clothing optional folks, who maybe weren't as adventurous to hang out at the wilder nude pool and beach. Right away we realized just how liberating and freeing the C/O lifestyle feel was at Hedo.

After lunch we took a quick walking tour of the grounds to try to get a lay of the land. In our travels, we found the gym and courtyard, tennis courts, playroom, piano bar and all of the entertainment faculties up in the main area. After that, we walked along the prude beach and made our way toward the nude side. Once we got there we saw the signs instructing folks that no clothing was allowed, so we dropped trou and made our way in.

One thing we noticed was that, late in the day, grabbing a couple of chairs for a home base at the pool or beach was a slight struggle, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. Everybody was super friendly and accommodating and made room if needed be. We got a few drinks in the pool and then with the overcast afternoon putting a slight Jamaican chill in the air, we went toward the hot tub to socialize. Since the weather wasn't the bright and sunny perfection that Jamaica usually offers (we apparently came into town in the midst of tropical depression weather pattern) the hot tub was jam packed. We snuggled our way to one side and were greeted by a wonderful group of folks: Mark, Kris, John and Dianne, who gave us a quick introduction to the social side of the resort. Within a few minutes we were taking body shots of Bailey's off of each other in front of the whole tub and just having a grand ol' time!

One thing that was a little off was the random solo guy in the green bay hat who seemed to be wasted pretty much 24/7 at the resort. It seemed like he wanted to drum up some courage to talk to us new folks but instead would just wade over in an odd manner and just stand in front of us slack-jawed and staring uncomfortably, squeezing his beach ball. Not sexy. Luckily, he was one of a very small population of single guys and by far the strangest. Most of the singles kept their shit together and weren't total creepsters.

We were curious about the theme nights so our new friends told us all about what to expect, and how the after-dinner fun happens at night. As the three days and nights went along, we made a lot of friends and found ourselves as the objects of a lot of attention. We were pretty tame the first night since we had an early travel day, but we made up for that the second night. It was the Bare as you Dare glow dance party at the main pool, which was a ton of fun. We made friends with another couple who were closer to our age and were into some same room play. We danced a bit and were going to do karaoke but the piano bar had a funky stench to it (we think someone may have gotten sick the night before and the staff hadn't had time to air it out properly.) Instead we decided to check out the new Playroom!

First of all, the playroom is really pretty. It has two small indoor pools and candles all around with nice white-linen beds arranged around the floor. The attendant gave us towels and water and told us that clothes weren't allowed, so we made got naked and made our way to a small mattress and got down to some side-by-side oral. There were other couples in various parts of the rooms, so the sounds were intoxicating and we were all really into it. When another bed opened up that had more room for the four of us, we took it, laid down our towels and proceeded to have a fun sexy time with another couple right beside us! After a good amount of fucking we retired to a hot tub behind the playroom, which unfortunately wasn't very warm, and soon went our separate ways as it was 3AM.

The last night was fetish theme night and even though we aren't really into the whole BDSM thing, we had some leathery accessories and dressed up for a night of fun. After dinner, we were basically bar hopping between the piano bar and the disco club and were slowly accumulating a small parade of the hottest people on the resort. As the night went on those numbers dwindled we found a super hot couple from Toronto and made our way to the nude hot tub for a night cap. If only it wasn't our last night on the resort! No worries - we have a feeling we'll be seeing them again

Okay, so the pros and cons of Hedo....

Pros - Everybody is extremely friendly and were looking to actually make friends at the resort. Compare this to CN, where a vast majority of people are just there for their own vacation and generally keep to themselves.

The party atmosphere is excellent and there's never a problem finding and getting a good drink. Entertainment options galore and the people there actually participate, which is different from a lot of resorts which can be a bit on the boring side shortly after dinner. Dancing and singing is always on offer and there's actually other people participating. The staff does a great job at filling in the various rooms to get people up and moving.

The bars and booze selection were terrific. We were drinking Don Julio the entire time! And the Bloody Mary's were pretty damn good as well!

The Gym is great and loaded with plenty of variety. Free weights and machines... treadmills, elliptical and bikes. Even a room for Yoga or stretching.

Late night food options available at all hours. We saw 4am twice and got food before bed at the prude grill with no issue.

The Sunsets. Are. AMAZING!

Cons - Okay, the resort is a little dated. Our room was sub-par and the way the buildings are spread out it takes a while to get to things, depending which part of the resort you're on. Our room in 1244 was close to the main pool and buffet restaurant but as far away as possible from the nude side. From what we've heard, the newly remodeled rooms are much nicer. We'll keep this in mind when booking in the future.

The food is just okay. It's probably not fair to compare the food options to CN but it's the best way for me to convey. On a 1-10 scale, the food at Hedo is about a 3 and CN is an 8. There's only four food options and none of them were much to write home about: 1) daily/nightly buffet 2) Teppanyaki 3) Pasta and 4) Prude and Nude Grill, which served the same items. The issue is really selection, especially if you're a healthy eater or have an dietary sensitivities. Nicole and I eat gluten free and dairy free, so Pasta is out and the teppanyaki joint left us with very little to choose from in the GF realm. They didn't have Tamari (GF soy sauce) or non-dairy milk for smoothies in the morning. We subsisted mainly on jerk chicken and grilled fish for three nights and good veggie options were tough to come by.

The beach isn't very nice and the water was surprisingly chilly for Jamaica. The seaweed around the nude beach was murky and from what we heard, dangerous to walk though as you risk getting a sea urchin barb in the foot. Again, comparing to CN here might be unfair as the CN beach on bloody bay is pristine and warm.

Wasn't a fan of Tyson, who was the gym staff. One of the days I was going to do yoga on the terrace just outside the gym and he wouldn't let me take one of the $4 yoga mats outside. Instead made me do yoga in the stretching room, in the cold. He just seemed to be a bit of a downer. I overheard him giving a quick demo of core strengthening moves to another guest and when she told him she'd got it, he told her over and over to repeat the moves and told her he felt like he had just wasted his breath. Not a very friendly or accommodating guy.

Possessive couples. Not everyone was like this, but it happened twice in 3 nights. There were a couple of pairs who wanted us to themselves, it seemed. People have to realize that it's all about going with the flow. There was one couple the last night who kept trying to drag us away from the crowd because she had some hangup about multiple guys being around. I think maybe she wanted to have some tame private play but couldn't convey that, which is fine - just don't expect us to appease your every whim! haha

Summary
    All in all, we'll certainly be back. Splitting the vacation at both Hedo and Couples was a great thing as the two resorts are diametrically different. You go to Hedo for a raging, fun, entertaining good time, especially at night and certainly if you're into the lifestyle. Couples is a lot more tame and borders on unfriendly, but it's super relaxing, the food is top-notch and the accommodations are cleaner, newer and nicer. We see ourselves expanding a bit for our next trip to Jamaica, maybe spending 5-6 nights rocking at Hedo and then closing out with 3-4 nights at couples as a decompression/pampering time after the Hedo party!

We hope some of the friends we met are on here! Come say hello!

Thanks for the well-written and candid trip report, particularly enjoy the first timer impressions.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Awesome report and we all appreciate the time and effort and information....

I was really enjoying your report until you had to check out. Sounds like a nice time for you and just right for a first timer. It only takes one trip and you're hooked.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Great trip report. Love all of the details. We really can't wait for our first trip in October.

Green bay packer hat.... Elliot. We were there and he was definitely trashed the bulk of the time. For a while I felt bad, just thought he was trying too hard coupled with some extra drinks, but as time went by it never got better.

Awesome report.
    We have always given a thought to bookending our trips with a day in another resort in Negril, to relax and unwind in the beginning and to decompress and compose ourselves before we head home. However, we love the resort so much, and can easily find those attributes WITHIN the property that we just do everything we need while there.
    The food has drastically improved so much, that in order to really appreciate it at all you'd have had to witnessed the menu before new ownership to really understand the food is actually edible now and pretty freakin' amazing. However, with your dietary restrictions, I can't imagine what your frustrations might have been...and I'm sorry you had issues.
    However, where your dislike of Tyson comes in...I am right there to second it. He has rubbed me the wrong way every single trip to the point now that I purposely avoid him when I see him on "campus". He is condescending and arrogant and at one point was verbally abusive to a group of us silly, laughing ladies doing water aerobics because he thought we weren't taking our "vacation" serious enough and that this is why we "looked" the way we did and he looked the way he did.
    It was passive and douchey and he just pissed on my cheerios and I don't like him very much.

The beach is more lagoon than anything else, and while we aren't fans of the seaweed because, ewww...we have found that it's being surrounded by the silliest, loudest, sweetest people on the planet that make mucking through the gunk all the more worthwhile. Also? We just walk a few hundred feet down towards Sandals when we want perfect sand and surf and it's totally magical.

Thanks again for your report...hopefully you will comeback soon and we can one day meet back home!!!
    Shameless Adventures

Thanks for this report, it really helps us build an idea of what to expect as first timers ourselves when we go next March.

My wife Nat and I did a split between Couples and Hedo for our first trip as well this past January, but we started with 3 nights at Couples and ended with 3 nights at Hedo - this was sort of our way of easing into the experience, I guess. She probably wouldn't admit it now, but coming from Couples to Hedo i think Nat was a little disappointed in the "downgraded" accommodations, but by the time we hit the nude pool on our first day, any disappointment had completely disappeared. We've just booked our second Hedo trip for May 21-26, this time with no stopover at Couples ;-) Couples was a fantastic resort, good food, beautiful accommodations, top notch dive shop - but the guests there were bordering on standoffish for the most part. It took us until our last day before there were other guests whose names we knew. At Hedo, we had new friends within hours of arrival.

One of my favorite anecdotes from our trip was when we were checking out at Couples and getting ready for the cab ride down the street to Hedo. Knowing that the resort has a bit of a reputation, we'd been a little shy about letting on to the staff and others where we were going after our 3 nights at couples. When the young lady at the front desk asked point blank which resort we were visiting next, I figured what the hell and said to her "We're going down to Hedo for a few days". She cracked a mischievous smile, looked at me and the missus, and said in an adorable Jamaican accent "ohh, going to let your ding dongs hang out for a few days, eh?"

It was at that point I was pretty sure we were going to have a good time at Hedo.

I didn't find there to be as much of a separation between Couples and Hedo as far as the food, either - I would have rated Couples at around a 7 and Hedo around a 5. We live in a city full of amazing restaurants, so we can be a little bit tough to please when it comes to food. Couples had a better variety, and was predictably above average. Hedo had less selection, and was less predictable on quality. Some stuff was above average, some I wasn't impressed with at all, but we didn't have any difficulty finding something decent to eat at either resort.

I have heard that the chef will cook for people with allergies or special diets? I did not use that but the only way to find out is ask. I hope that helps.