Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Ladies...

Question Question for the Ladies...

So I like to keep my hair short and maintained majority of the year; however, once and awhile I like to shave smooth. Which is great for that day but what a bitch when it starts to grow back in the following days! I would love to be smooth and hairless our entire trip 3/21 through 3/26 but it gets very irritating to try to shave such a delicate place every day. I've never tried waxing and I'm not sure it's a good idea to do that for the first time right before our trip. I'm not even sure how long a Brazilian wax would last before hair would start growing! How do you wear your hair, so to speak, when visiting Hedo? Any advice?
    Hedo II
    August 1-8, 2015
    March 21-26, 2016

I was in your same boat with shaving. I just got my first Brazilian was a few weeks ago. It was amazing!! I was so terrified from everything I read about pain, etc. It was not bad at all and now I'm hooked. So hooked, I went back and got my underarms done. lol I wouldn't wait to get the first one right before your trip though. I would get one a month in advance and then one right before. Apparently hair can grow on different cycles and after the first was you may get new growth sooner. It will definitely last for your entire trip.

Hi TaxGrl. For the Hedo trip I just shave all and bring extra blade to ensure a smooth girl. I see your in St Louis, so are we! Have a good time!

I agree with El & L. Once I started waxing I was hooked. I was nervous at first but not I can't do without it. Since you say your trip is 3/21 I would go sometime between the 10th and the 19th. The closer you go to the date you leave the better because you wont have to worry about it then. I wouldn't wait until the day or two before just because of lite swelling and open pours. Normally the hair will take at least 2-3 weeks to grow back. (at least in my case, the first time was 2-3 weeks). But like El & L said it will definitely last your entire trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasteenik View Post
    I agree with El & L. Once I started waxing I was hooked. I was nervous at first but not I can't do without it. Since you say your trip is 3/21 I would go sometime between the 10th and the 19th. The closer you go to the date you leave the better because you wont have to worry about it then. I wouldn't wait until the day or two before just because of lite swelling and open pours. Normally the hair will take at least 2-3 weeks to grow back. (at least in my case, the first time was 2-3 weeks). But like El & L said it will definitely last your entire trip.
    Oops. I didn't focus on the trip date! So, yes, a few days before the trip would be best. Also, if you decide to do it be sure to exfoliate the "area" in advance. It will help the process. I was so nervous I even used numbing cream. Not sure if it helped but I hardly felt a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TaxGirl View Post
    So I like to keep my hair short and maintained majority of the year; however, once and awhile I like to shave smooth. Which is great for that day but what a bitch when it starts to grow back in the following days! I would love to be smooth and hairless our entire trip 3/21 through 3/26 but it gets very irritating to try to shave such a delicate place every day. I've never tried waxing and I'm not sure it's a good idea to do that for the first time right before our trip. I'm not even sure how long a Brazilian wax would last before hair would start growing! How do you wear your hair, so to speak, when visiting Hedo? Any advice?
    Don't do it. I did it before my first trip to Hedo last year. First it hurt. I kept checking to make sure I wasn't bleeding. It was ok for Hedo. But after when it started growing back it grew all outside the lines, so before I had little hair growing in my bikini lines,now it's uncontrolable... You can never go back.

I love waxing! I go to European Wax Center (chain) that uses a great wax that hurts A LOT LESS.
    Try not to go anytime too close to your period.
    Take some ibuprofen if you're really concerned.
    And be sure to use some of the gel after that prevents ingrown hairs.

I'm not sure how waxing could encourage hair follicles to start.... I really wouldn't worry about that!

We just bring a new, sharp razor and I shave her every day on the beach. A cup of hot water from the coffee station and a little shaving lotion. Great light to see everything and laying in a beach chair gives easy access to all the nooks and crannies. ;-)
    Mitch & Melisa

Waxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    I love waxing! I go to European Wax Center (chain) that uses a great wax that hurts A LOT LESS.

I'm not sure how waxing could encourage hair follicles to start.... I really wouldn't worry about that!
    Phillygirl22 I go to European Wax Center. I used to go in Philly when I lived there but when I moved to GA I stayed with them. They are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasteenik View Post
    Phillygirl22 I go to European Wax Center. I used to go in Philly when I lived there but when I moved to GA I stayed with them. They are the best.
    Whoa! you're a philly girl in GA like ME?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TaxGirl View Post
    Tena swears by it and to be honest I freakin love it. She wont grow any hair back for about 3 weeks, and to be honest after a few years what grows back is very thin. By the way, it goes both ways. I wax as well ok tmi hahaha :-)
    Eric and Tena
    H3 RIP
    28 Mar-04 Apr 2005
    16-23 Apr 2006
    12-19 Apr 2007
    19 Apr-03 May 2008
    06-13 Apr 2009
    11-18 Apr 2010
    H2
    10-17 Apr 2011
    09-16 Apr 2012
    05-12 Apr 2013
    11-19 Apr-2014
    10-17 Apr-2015
    12-22 Apr 2016, Our 10th anniversary and renewing our vows (20 Apr 16)
    15-22 Apr 2018
    06-13 Apr 2019
    10-17 Apr 2020 Cancelled now 05-12 Dec 2020
    AFF handle on request

Wife and I both wax... Best thing we ever started doing it... We go every 4 to 5 weeks religiously... u start to see hair somewhere around the 3 week mark

Quote Originally Posted by werdy2play View Post
    Wife and I both wax... Best thing we ever started doing it... We go every 4 to 5 weeks religiously... u start to see hair somewhere around the 3 week mark
    good to know that I am not the only one
    Eric and Tena
    H3 RIP
    28 Mar-04 Apr 2005
    16-23 Apr 2006
    12-19 Apr 2007
    19 Apr-03 May 2008
    06-13 Apr 2009
    11-18 Apr 2010
    H2
    10-17 Apr 2011
    09-16 Apr 2012
    05-12 Apr 2013
    11-19 Apr-2014
    10-17 Apr-2015
    12-22 Apr 2016, Our 10th anniversary and renewing our vows (20 Apr 16)
    15-22 Apr 2018
    06-13 Apr 2019
    10-17 Apr 2020 Cancelled now 05-12 Dec 2020
    AFF handle on request

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post

The entire human body is covered with hair follicles. I've never shaved my legs and they r smooth as a babies bottom. I bet I couldn't say the same once I shave them... Just my personal experience... Wink

I am completely shaved, I read an article on here about a cream used in the states. Its called Finipil Lait 50. We struggle to get it over here but I shave every day just to keep it silky smooth. then apply finipil. I dont get a rash and I dont itch. and I have started noticing that I could go a couple of days without shaving as the cream is supposed to reduce the hair growing back. so for me its working.
    Second time to Hedo April 6th 2016 come and say Hi!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast