Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: INTIMA RESORT, Tulum, Mexico

Review: INTIMA RESORT, Tulum, Mexico

We just got back from a week at Intima Resort in Tulum, Mexico and had promised a full review on our return. We have been to Hedo the last six years in a row and were concerned we would find Intima too quiet but we had a fantastic trip and would definitely return. Intima is a very small resort (36 rooms) located in the town of Tulum, it is not on the beach which we thought was a major disadvantage but it ended up not being a big deal at all. The resort is clothing optional anywhere on the property and most people were fully nude except when eating in the restaurant. It is not a lifestyle resort and doesn't tolerate any PDA however there are a couple of lifestyle takeover weeks each year.

The resort is a condominium concept and we met many of the owners, all of them fantastic people. Some come for a couple of weeks at a time and some spend the entire winter there. When they're not using their suites they are placed in the rental pool.

Getting there - we had a direct flight to Cancun and due to strong tail winds landed almost 45 mins early. Tulum is 118km south of Cancun airport and there are several options to get there including public bus, shared transfer, private taxi, or renting a car. After comparing prices we ended up renting a car, and we were glad we did. Car rental costs just a little more than a shared transfer and was cheaper than a private taxi. If you're going to do this, check the insurance offered through your credit card very carefully, there is mandatory third party insurance required in Mexico that isn't covered by credit cards but even after paying for this it ended up being only US$216 for the week. The drive down is very easy, four lanes all the way and took us about and hour and 20 minutes, just be careful of the random topes (speed bumps) along the way. We stopped in Playa del Carmen for lunch on the way down and it ended up being our most expensive meal of the week.

The resort - it's located in the south end of Tulum just a couple of blocks from the Main Street. It is made up of four buildings placed in a square with the large pool in the middle. The first building has the check in desk and restaurant with the bar located right in front of that. The other three buildings contain the guest rooms and are three stories. The grounds are very beautiful, the landscaping is lush and tropical and very well done. The pool is stunning and has loungers all around it. There is a hot tub right beside the bar which would fit about ten people, they don't turn it on until 4pm unless you ask them to and it never really gets very hot. The pool is not heated and we found it quite cool at first but it warmed up noticeably by the end of our week. There are plunge pools on the roof of each building but they were very cold and we never saw them being used.

Rooms - there's a couple of different room options at Intima. We booked a one bedroom swim up studio suite on the ground level. The room was large and had a small kitchenette with a mini fridge, microwave, toaster, plates, cups, and utensils. The bathroom is open to the rest of the room except for the toilet which is in a frosted glass enclosure. The shower is huge and done in marble. The other room choices are one and two bedroom suites, both of which have a full kitchen including a gas stove and full size fridge, dining room, and large couch area. We had the opportunity to see several of these and they are absolutely beautiful, very modern and very nicely furnished. If you were going with another couple the two bedroom suite would be a very economical way to do it. On our next trip we would probably book a room on the second or third floor as they get way more sun and you have a private hot tub on the balcony, the main floor rooms don't have a hot tub but have swim up access to the pool. The only complaint we had about our room was the bed was extremely uncomfortable, it's too bad they went with a very cheap mattress in an otherwise high end resort.

Food - there's a small onsite restaurant called Passions and its managed separately from the rest of the resort. You can choose to go all-inclusive for US$100 per day per person or buy meals individually. Most dinners are US$25 pp but they did have some specials at $12.99 during the week and also had two-for-one drinks one day while we were there. You don't have to do the AI for your full visit, you can choose specific days to do it if you wish. We didn't do it at all and were glad we didn't. Although the food and service is fantastic I just don't see how it's worth $100 pp. You can eat in town very inexpensively and buy your own beer and liquor at the grocery store to bring back to your room. Our daily routine was to have breakfast at our patio table (cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc.), snack lightly during the day and then go to town for dinner. There's lots of options, we loved the taco shops and full Mexican meals that we had. There's a gourmet pizza restaurant just a couple of blocks away which was 100 pesos (US$5.50) for a full size pizza for two with all the toppings you want. We had great meals and spent significantly less than what the AI would have cost. There's a couple of full size grocery stores in the north end of town (not walking distance) that have everything you need if you want to cook in your room.

Beach -it's about 5kms from the resort to the beach road. If you want a nude beach you have to go about another 8km south on that road to a beach in the biosphere called Playa Akun. It's 30 pesos pp to get into the biosphere and 30 pesos pp for access to the beach. When we went just about everyone was clothed so we walked a few hundred metres down the beach and got naked. If you take a taxi make sure you arrange a pick up time as this beach is a little remote and I don't think too many taxis would go that far down the road, it would be hard to find one to take you back. The public beach is much closer and is very beautiful and it's no problem for ladies to be topless on the public beach.

What we liked:
    -the small size of the resort. By the second day we knew almost everyone by name and everyone was super friendly
    -the rooms, very modern and beautiful. Very well laid out with lots of space
    -the town of Tulum. It's a funky upbeat place, lots of great places to eat and much cheaper than Cancun or Playa del Carmen
    -having a car. I would highly recommend renting a car when visiting this resort. It gives you way more freedom to get around and doesn't cost much more than the cost of transfers from the airport and back. If you don't it's about a 10 minute walk to the main road but it can be a much further walk depending on where you want to go in town.
    -the people. The staff at the resort are all very customer service oriented. Andy and Nestor at the bar are fantastic and very eager to please. The condo owners that we met were great people and very welcoming to guests.

What we didn't like:
    -the bed. Like I already said it was very uncomfortable and we didn't sleep well. I don't know if all the rooms are like this but a high end resort like this shouldn't cheap out on bad beds.
    -hot water. (Not just Hedo has water temperature problems ) Intima has an on demand water system that is very hard to figure out. The shower would go from freezing cold to scalding hot and back again in seconds. By the end of the week we figured out the best thing was to run the cold tap at the sink beside the shower and it balanced out the pressure and resulted in less fluctuations in temperature.
    -lack of sunlight on main level. The landscaping is beautiful but really cuts down on the amount of sun you get on the main floor. We would definitely choose a second or third floor room the next time.

We would definitely go back but it depends on the kind of vacation we were looking for. Intima is very quiet and relaxing and if that's what you're looking for it's fantastic. Sometimes we feel like partying hard and we'll keep going back to Hedo for that. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM us or ask below.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 05-27-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Thank you for the great review. Sounds like a very nice place. For this year the wife just decided we are going on the Bliss Cruise in November. Intima sounds a little quite for us, but if we had a group of friends or a takeover week we are going for sure.

We spent two weeks there about a year ago. We loved it and made some good friends while there. Having spent time in the Tulum area, we took some of our new friends to a couple of beach spots there are open, but not controlled and had a great nude time with no interference. We didn't have any problems with the water and I like a firm bed. Armando at Magauritas became our nightly waiter. We ate at Intima a few times, but love to try the different places in town and along the beach road also. Intima staff was very accommodating to all our requests. Great Place.

Hi guys !!! For the couples going to Intima Resort that would be interested to book an appointment for a sensuous ,holistic, tantric massage and workshop, I will be more than glad to see you!!! If you would like to book an appointment please send me an e-mail to massagebyclaudia1@yahoo.com with the dates of your trip and I will get back with you sugesting you days and times open for you to choose.
    If you are already at the resort and would like to book a session you can ask Joel, Isidro or Eduardo to contact me and I will set your appointment with no problem!!!
    For further information you can check my web side www.touchofmagic.com.mx or my trip advisor https://www.tripadvisor.com.mx/Attra...ninsula.html#R
    Any questions or doubts please feel free and write me back and I would love to get back with you as soon as possible!!!
    If you are coming and celebrating any birthday, anniversary , honeymoon or just because you want to suprise your honey this will be a wonderful gift for both of you !!!
    Looking forward to hear from you and the pleasure to see you soon !!! Hugs and kisses, Claudia.

Claudia Gabucio
    massagebyclaudia1@yahoo.com
    9981-22-62-23

Hi everybody !!! For the couples coming during June and July that will be interested to book an appointment and come and learn how to give each other a sensuous tantric massage, I'm already booking your appointments ! So if you would like please just send me an e-mail to my personal e-mail massagebyclaudia1@yahoo.com with your dates of trip and I will get back with you suggesting you days and times open for you to choose.
    But, what are you gonna be able to learn during the session? Well, first of all , your body is the suite of your soul, your temple! where not only your soul lives but your mind, emotions and feelings too. So I will guide and teach you first of all how to connect much easier with yourself''s, and as soon as you can do this, it will be much easier to reconnect with each other too,how to read your bodies by that special loving,more pacient and caring touch.
    Both will be able to relax, have fun and more than anything else to learn too!! This is something that won't end in this session. This is something that you will be able to take back home with you and keep wotking, practicing on each other an keep that flame of your love alive.
    The session is a very loving, peaceful, sensuous and healing therapy.
    If you are coming and celebrating any birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or just becasue you want to surprise your honey, I'm sure this will be an amazing gift for both of you!
    The cost of the therapy is only 260 usd for both of you and the session last in between 2 hours and 2 hours and a half.
    This is a special service that I give to the guests of Intima Resort and the therapy is given to you at the confortness of your hotel.
    To book an appointment please write me to my persoanl e-mail and let m know you will be staying at the resort .

Any questions or doubts please feel free and write me back and I would love to get back with you as soon as possible.
    Have a blessed and wonderful day, looking forward to hear from you and the pleasure to see you soon !!
    Hugs and kisses, Claudia.

NAMASTE
    Claudia Gabucio
    fb: A TOUCH OF MAGIC by CLAUDIA
    CEL 9981-22-62-23
    www.touchofmagic.com.mx

We just got back from Intima. We did four nights at Hidden Beach and three at Intima. I think the hot-water problem is resolved. There were conventional hot water heaters outside the rooms and we never had any problem with hot water at all. We didn't mind the mattress that much, but the bed squeaked really badly; something they need to fix. We also stayed in a swim-up suite and the water was wonderful the whole time. I was in and out constantly.

Smile Intima July

The wife and I were at Intima in July we had a great time if you are done with the party atmosphere of Cancun and Playa Del Carmen this is a great alternative. We booked threw a online booking site and got a great rate. Now you can do this either all inclusive or not and this can be done on a day by day bases. The price for all inclusive was 100.00 per day per person. We did not as we wanted to try the many places to eat in town and having a rental car made this easy. We did dine at the Hotel are first night and the food was excellent a little on the expensive side for Tulum. The rooms are stellar, the bar tenders are great, and the pool is perfect deep enough to swim but not for diving but great for standing and hanging out. The brochure says no PDA's but I can not be sure but I think there may have been a little going on in the shadows... So if you are ready for a little change of pace from Hedo (we have been 5 times between 2 and 3) give this place a try Mexico is a wonderful place. I did have a booking with Claudia but she ended up having a injury that did not allow us to have are visit well maybe next time.
    Last edited by shavedm; 07-30-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post
    We just got back from a week at Intima Resort in Tulum, Mexico and had promised a full review on our return. We have been to Hedo the last six years in a row and were concerned we would find Intima too quiet but we had a fantastic trip and would definitely return. Intima is a very small resort (36 rooms) located in the town of Tulum, it is not on the beach which we thought was a major disadvantage but it ended up not being a big deal at all. The resort is clothing optional anywhere on the property and most people were fully nude except when eating in the restaurant. It is not a lifestyle resort and doesn't tolerate any PDA however there are a couple of lifestyle takeover weeks each year.

The resort is a condominium concept and we met many of the owners, all of them fantastic people. Some come for a couple of weeks at a time and some spend the entire winter there. When they're not using their suites they are placed in the rental pool.

Getting there - we had a direct flight to Cancun and due to strong tail winds landed almost 45 mins early. Tulum is 118km south of Cancun airport and there are several options to get there including public bus, shared transfer, private taxi, or renting a car. After comparing prices we ended up renting a car, and we were glad we did. Car rental costs just a little more than a shared transfer and was cheaper than a private taxi. If you're going to do this, check the insurance offered through your credit card very carefully, there is mandatory third party insurance required in Mexico that isn't covered by credit cards but even after paying for this it ended up being only US$216 for the week. The drive down is very easy, four lanes all the way and took us about and hour and 20 minutes, just be careful of the random topes (speed bumps) along the way. We stopped in Playa del Carmen for lunch on the way down and it ended up being our most expensive meal of the week.

The resort - it's located in the south end of Tulum just a couple of blocks from the Main Street. It is made up of four buildings placed in a square with the large pool in the middle. The first building has the check in desk and restaurant with the bar located right in front of that. The other three buildings contain the guest rooms and are three stories. The grounds are very beautiful, the landscaping is lush and tropical and very well done. The pool is stunning and has loungers all around it. There is a hot tub right beside the bar which would fit about ten people, they don't turn it on until 4pm unless you ask them to and it never really gets very hot. The pool is not heated and we found it quite cool at first but it warmed up noticeably by the end of our week. There are plunge pools on the roof of each building but they were very cold and we never saw them being used.

Rooms - there's a couple of different room options at Intima. We booked a one bedroom swim up studio suite on the ground level. The room was large and had a small kitchenette with a mini fridge, microwave, toaster, plates, cups, and utensils. The bathroom is open to the rest of the room except for the toilet which is in a frosted glass enclosure. The shower is huge and done in marble. The other room choices are one and two bedroom suites, both of which have a full kitchen including a gas stove and full size fridge, dining room, and large couch area. We had the opportunity to see several of these and they are absolutely beautiful, very modern and very nicely furnished. If you were going with another couple the two bedroom suite would be a very economical way to do it. On our next trip we would probably book a room on the second or third floor as they get way more sun and you have a private hot tub on the balcony, the main floor rooms don't have a hot tub but have swim up access to the pool. The only complaint we had about our room was the bed was extremely uncomfortable, it's too bad they went with a very cheap mattress in an otherwise high end resort.

Food - there's a small onsite restaurant called Passions and its managed separately from the rest of the resort. You can choose to go all-inclusive for US$100 per day per person or buy meals individually. Most dinners are US$25 pp but they did have some specials at $12.99 during the week and also had two-for-one drinks one day while we were there. You don't have to do the AI for your full visit, you can choose specific days to do it if you wish. We didn't do it at all and were glad we didn't. Although the food and service is fantastic I just don't see how it's worth $100 pp. You can eat in town very inexpensively and buy your own beer and liquor at the grocery store to bring back to your room. Our daily routine was to have breakfast at our patio table (cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc.), snack lightly during the day and then go to town for dinner. There's lots of options, we loved the taco shops and full Mexican meals that we had. There's a gourmet pizza restaurant just a couple of blocks away which was 100 pesos (US$5.50) for a full size pizza for two with all the toppings you want. We had great meals and spent significantly less than what the AI would have cost. There's a couple of full size grocery stores in the north end of town (not walking distance) that have everything you need if you want to cook in your room.

Beach -it's about 5kms from the resort to the beach road. If you want a nude beach you have to go about another 8km south on that road to a beach in the biosphere called Playa Akun. It's 30 pesos pp to get into the biosphere and 30 pesos pp for access to the beach. When we went just about everyone was clothed so we walked a few hundred metres down the beach and got naked. If you take a taxi make sure you arrange a pick up time as this beach is a little remote and I don't think too many taxis would go that far down the road, it would be hard to find one to take you back. The public beach is much closer and is very beautiful and it's no problem for ladies to be topless on the public beach.

What we liked:
    -the small size of the resort. By the second day we knew almost everyone by name and everyone was super friendly
    -the rooms, very modern and beautiful. Very well laid out with lots of space
    -the town of Tulum. It's a funky upbeat place, lots of great places to eat and much cheaper than Cancun or Playa del Carmen
    -having a car. I would highly recommend renting a car when visiting this resort. It gives you way more freedom to get around and doesn't cost much more than the cost of transfers from the airport and back. If you don't it's about a 10 minute walk to the main road but it can be a much further walk depending on where you want to go in town.
    -the people. The staff at the resort are all very customer service oriented. Andy and Nestor at the bar are fantastic and very eager to please. The condo owners that we met were great people and very welcoming to guests.

What we didn't like:
    -the bed. Like I already said it was very uncomfortable and we didn't sleep well. I don't know if all the rooms are like this but a high end resort like this shouldn't cheap out on bad beds.
    -hot water. (Not just Hedo has water temperature problems ) Intima has an on demand water system that is very hard to figure out. The shower would go from freezing cold to scalding hot and back again in seconds. By the end of the week we figured out the best thing was to run the cold tap at the sink beside the shower and it balanced out the pressure and resulted in less fluctuations in temperature.
    -lack of sunlight on main level. The landscaping is beautiful but really cuts down on the amount of sun you get on the main floor. We would definitely choose a second or third floor room the next time.

We would definitely go back but it depends on the kind of vacation we were looking for. Intima is very quiet and relaxing and if that's what you're looking for it's fantastic. Sometimes we feel like partying hard and we'll keep going back to Hedo for that. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM us or ask below.
    Thank you !! I had missed this earlier!

How many times have you looked at yourself in the mirror and saw routine written all over your body? Going to the same places, talking at the same people, doing the same thing over and over again? How about routine at home? family? your husband or wife? Same type of kiss, same way of having sex? Routine is ticking bomb and sometimes we all know it but choose to do almost anything about it.

My name is Claudia Gabucio, some of you may know me or have heard of me. I am a therapist specialized in couples. Here in Cancun, I offer a couples therapy that helps people build again a broken barrier between two souls that love each other and due to routine, work, stress, kids, among other things, the connections between the two has been missing. My therapy is a mix between couples tantra, sensual (not sexual), holistic massage, smooth background music and the ancient art of touch in an environment full of love, comfort and an open space for couples to experience a deep sensation of love and connection like never before.

Is my therapy a typical massage like others Spas? No, it is not. My therapy goes beyond what a typical Spa would offer. I will guide both through tantra, yoga techniques and yes at some point a massage; I will guide you on how to revive the flame of love, how to reconnect and show each other how to touch one another and how to be touched. The workshop last 2 hours and a half in between both of you , during the session I will also teach you how to apply my techniques on each other.

This isn’t a couples sexual massage neither a typical massage, if you are looking for such thing I encourage you to make an appointment at your Resortīs Spa, they are great and probably allow things I wouldn’t. My therapy is for those looking to have a deeper connection. This is about love, true love. To regained that look of complicity with your loved one, that breathtaking kiss, that gentle touch and that connection not only in your bedroom but with those around you.

Any questions or doubts please feel free and write me back and I would love to get back with you as soon as possible.

I'm only doing one couple a day, could be 11.00am or 12.00pm from Monday's till Saturday's.

Celebrating any birthday, anniversary, honeymoon or just because you want to surprise your honey? This will be the best gift you can give for both of you.
    And the best thing....... something you can take back home with you and keep working and enjoying yourselfs too.

My studio is in puerto morelos area. If you haven't been in town, after your session you can take a walk and have lunch or a drink in one of our wonderful local restaurants in town. There's also a little flea market that maybe you would like to check and do some shopping if you want too.
    It's completely safe to go out and do things in town, so don't worry about that !! You will trully enjoy it.

Looking forward to hear from you and the pleasure to meet you soon !!

Send you all a big hug of love and light. Claudia.

Claudia Gabucio Terrazas

NAMASTE
    http://www.touchofmagic.com.mx
    fb: A TOUCH OF MAGIC BY CLAUDIA
    cel 9981-22-62-23 ( WORK )

Great review, the reason we signed up for this forum actually. What would you say the average age is at Intima? Is the crowd comparable to Desire RM?

Average age is kinda hard to pin down. I would say most of the condo owners are 55+ but the average guest age for the week we were there was younger than that. Overall it's probably an older crowd than you'd find at Hedo or Desire.

It's hard to compare Intima to Desire RM, it's a totally different concept. It is definitely not a lifestyle resort, there is no PDA permitted so any lifestyle activities are happening behind closed doors. Also there aren't any theme nights with entertainment or dressing up. Evenings are very quiet, usually just small groups hanging around the bar or in the hot tub. It's more of a clothing optional hotel than a c/o resort. If you're looking for activities and a party scene it's not the place, stick to Hedo or Desire. But if you want a quiet relaxing vacation where you can spend the day nude around the pool, it's perfect for that.

Thanks for your response. We had a good time last year at Desire RM, but it definitely started to get old after a few days. Looking for an inexpensive spur of the moment trip and Intima may fit the bill.

My wife and I are headed to Intima this week. Do the condos have standard US type power outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by domrunt View Post
    My wife and I are headed to Intima this week. Do the condos have standard US type power outlets?
    Yes the power outlets in Mexico are the same as in US/Canada.

thanks for the quick reply!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast