Thread: Ganja Farm Tours - Negril area

Ganja Farm Tours - Negril area

My fiancé and I are going on our honeymoon to Negril in December. This is our first time going there. We'll be staying at an AI called Couples Negril. Have any of you stayed there? What did you think of it?
    We were planning on asking the bellhop to get us weed and hash when we arrive. We are going to be discreet about it and smoke it in our room or on the balcony where it's quiet.

My question is, have any of you gone to cannabis farm tours? I've heard about ganja farm tours in Orange Hill. But, I have no idea how to go about finding someone to arrange this tour. Anyone have any tips? I don't really want to ask a taxi driver or some random vendor on the beach.

Blog Entries
    Couples has a nice beach and looks really nice, though I've never stayed there.

Ask the bartenders, they usually know what you need

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Couples person over here. I heard the bellhops are reliable and have decent shit. I also heard to ask for Farmer Bill down by the Rui end. he has a few front gold teeth. Apparently he has satisfactory stuff.

That said, do not smoke it in your room. The rooms are no smoking. You can do it all day on the balcony, and nobody says anything. In fact some dude saw me smoking, and handed me an extra joint he had that was far superior to the bud I was smoking. Wish I asked where he got it.

Find a reputable taxi company, like Kingsley Take Care, Rockys, etc and they can take you. I'm planning on hitting the blue hole in negril, and a farm tour on the same day. It's $100/ couple including admission to the ganja field. (From what I know, they give you some samples to bring back with you on the tour)

We have stayed at Couples several times, and we love it. It's a great choice. The bellhop offered to get ganja for us our last trip there, and we have seen people smoking it on the beach. It's legal now so I don't expect anything will be said as long as you don't smoke in the room.
    Enjoy the nude beach hot tub, it's a great place to watch the sunset.
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    We have stayed at Couples several times, and we love it. It's a great choice. The bellhop offered to get ganja for us our last trip there, and we have seen people smoking it on the beach. It's legal now so I don't expect anything will be said as long as you don't smoke in the room.
    Enjoy the nude beach hot tub, it's a great place to watch the sunset.
    Cheers,
    Just to be clear, it is my understanding that its use is still illegal. However legislation has reduced it down to being a very nonconsequential and rarely enforced law, yet still illegal.

When were in Jamaica in Nov, 2015 we stayed in a small community and got to know some of the locals. We were informed that they are allowed to grow a certain number of plants for personal use and it is legal to consume at your home, but it is not legal to sell. Of course, things could have changed since then.

Marijuana is decriminalised in Jamaica, not exactly legal but they don't pursue any legal action as long as you stay within the regulations. Citizens are allowed to grow up to five plants for personal use and possess up to two ounces of bud. They are not allowed to sell it. If you happen to be a Rastafarian then you can smoke it all you want in your place of worship, they're allowed an unlimited number of plants and finished product but also aren't allowed to sell it.

There's a plan in the works to make a tourist permit available to smoke marijuana while visiting. If you swear that you are ill or have a medical marijuana permit from your home country you can purchase a tourist permit to allow you to smoke it while in Jamaica. They'll be setting up locations in the airport to sell these permits and shops to sell the product. I think there's going to be a lot of "sick" people arriving in Jamaica.

If you happen to get caught with product (highly unlikely as enforcement is virtually zero) the fine is J$500, about US$3.88 and you won't have a criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post

If you happen to get caught with product (highly unlikely as enforcement is virtually zero) the fine is J$500, about US$3.88 and you won't have a criminal record.

Good to know! Thanks

book a private airport transfer to ur hotel and ask driver while on ur way. that wud be the best way to go about it