Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Management shakeup at Hedo

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post
    Just got an email saying that Jon Gross is done as CEO of Hedo effective Feb 28. Apparently he will still continue the fluffernutter group. Could be something to do with this article:
    http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/b...nism-ii/print/
    Interesting developments at Hedo... do we have confirmation on Jon's departure from the resort? Is the source of your email the hotel?

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Other than this article,I have no knowledge of Boston Magazine.What sort of publication is it?What was the point of even printing this article about John Gross? I almost wanted to take a shower after reading it as well.It made the resort sound worse than it is.Does Hedo need to be exposed and/or advertised in the general media now?I would think that once it goes mainstream there are people who will stop going there because they don't want their vanilla associates wondering/knowing etc.Harry can run it any way he sees fit and I would think he had a pretty good reason for the separation notice.......

I felt like I needed a shower after reading it.
    How about a group shower seems fitting........

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sunbabes;237998]Interesting developments at Hedo... do we have confirmation on Jon's departure from the resort? Is the source of your email the hotel?[/QUOTE

Jon, posted a notice on the Fluff Facebook page that he was no longer going to be the CEO and was going to focus on the Fluffernutters a couple of days ago.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

The last paragraph in the article gave me reason for pause.Looks like the plan is to take Hedo mainstream,build a brand,sell it off.Some of you don't remember "The Playboy Clubs".When Heff was in his heyday they were rocking and rolling.All that went away.So I just plan to enjoy Hedo now the way it is,while it is..........................and hope for the best.So far the changes to the physical plant are a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Other than this article,I have no knowledge of Boston Magazine.What sort of publication is it?
    Boston Magazine is a mainstream magazine published for a major city just like they have in other cities such as Atlanta and San Francisco to name a few. It has a circulation of almost 100,000. The current issue has, besides this piece, sections on News & Culture, Style & Beauty, Home & Property and Food & Drink. This issue is their Best Bostonians Of All Time special issue. When I saw the article posted over a week ago, I bought a few copies.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

I felt like I needed a shower after reading it.
    Me too. The article made Hedo sound like a sleazy orgy filled with people competing to see who can score the most sex.

I don't see Hedo that way at all. My husband and I are not swingers, we are more into bdsm with a little shared and public play thrown in. While I know lots of swingers go to Hedo, and I have certainly seen tons of PDAs and public sex over the years, nevertheless I maintain that Hedo does NOT have a sleazy feel to it at all. Crazy and wild at times, yes. But, believe it or not, I would describe it as good clean fun between consenting adults. And I don't think this is at all the way Jon or the writer of this article portrayed it.

Just my two cents, think this was not the kind of publicity Hedo needs.

Quote Originally Posted by lauraff7 View Post
    Me too. The article made Hedo sound like a sleazy orgy filled with people competing to see who can score the most sex.

I don't see Hedo that way at all. My husband and I are not swingers, we are more into bdsm with a little shared and public play thrown in. While I know lots of swingers go to Hedo, and I have certainly seen tons of PDAs and public sex over the years, nevertheless I maintain that Hedo does NOT have a sleazy feel to it at all. Crazy and wild at times, yes. But, believe it or not, I would describe it as good clean fun between consenting adults. And I don't think this is at all the way Jon or the writer of this article portrayed it.

Just my two cents, think this was not the kind of publicity Hedo needs.
    We have to agree with Lauraff7. The fact that Jon was showing pictures of friends that he has met and or been with was very disappointing to us. We always respect everyone's privacy. There are many things in that article that would get any executive removed. This is just our two cents worth.
    Hedo 2 March 2006
    Hedo 2 March 2009
    Hedo 2 March 2011
    Hedo 2 March 2012
    Hedo 2 March 2013
    Hedo 2 March 2014
    Hedo 2 March 2016
    Desire Dec 2017
    Desire June 2018
    Hedo 2 March 2019
    Hedo 2March 3 - 13 2020
    Next trip HEDO 2 3/1 to 3/11 2023

I don't think we'll ever know everything that's happened between Harry and Jon, nor should we, it's a private business and they have the right to keep their affairs private.

My guess would be that Harry agreed to speak to the reporter as it would potentially be good publicity. But the author chose to focus the article on Jon's character and it ended up painting Hedo in a very slimy light. It's all really unfortunate but I think anybody who cares about the long term health of Hedo would have to be very happy with the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Boston Magazine is a mainstream magazine published for a major city just like they have in other cities such as Atlanta and San Francisco to name a few. It has a circulation of almost 100,000. The current issue has, besides this piece, sections on News & Culture, Style & Beauty, Home & Property and Food & Drink. This issue is their Best Bostonians Of All Time special issue. When I saw the article posted over a week ago, I bought a few copies.
    OK!So the editor of Boston Magazine thinks that a New Hampshire resident,Jon Gross,qualifies as one of the Best Bostonians of All Time! I would be curious to know how many subscribers that little article cost them.But my unanswered question is what made them want to publish it in the first place?Yeah,I know "sex sells" but I have to believe for a credible institution to maintain it's credibility it needs to avoid "the sleaze factor."

From the first time I saw Jon, I had a bad impression. He reminded me of a college frat boy at Hedo for the first time. I almost confronted him. I refrained when I was told who he was. My comment card after that trip pulled no punches.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoDave View Post
    But did Harry know he was going to ID him in the article?
    If you google it, Harry's is said to be owner of resort. Even on his wiki page. So it is no secret
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I think Dianne Davis did a better write up last year.
    http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Inte...ation-spot.php

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post
    I think Dianne Davis did a better write up last year.
    http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Inte...ation-spot.php
    That was a great article

For those who were following what I was saying in another thread about the apt next door having a perfect view into the nude side - you can see it behind the hot tub in the first picture of the nude pool area.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    OK!So the editor of Boston Magazine thinks that a New Hampshire resident,Jon Gross,qualifies as one of the Best Bostonians of All Time!
    I never said that Jon was part of that article!
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast