Thread: Should My Wife and I Go With a Group?

Should My Wife and I Go With a Group?

Long time lurker, first time poster. My wife and I are planning on going to Hedo June 11th-19th. This will be our first time going to Hedo and have some questions. Mainly, should we go with a group, or just book a week? What are the pro’s and con’s of going with a group?
    Thanks!

We go with a group, due to they normally can get a better rate.. doesnt mean we hang with just that group, or for that matter really know who came with what group. Oh and ps we will be there the same time as you...I think we are going to show up around the 14 jun..see ya then!

Go with a group. Not because you necessarily get any better service, but you'll almost certainly get a better rate. On Hedonism's home page you can click on the "Events" button and see all the groups that are going and then link to them to get quotes. You may not want to hang around with the group once you are their and that's fine since pretty much everyone welcomes everyone else once they are there.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual group trip to Hedonism II every June,

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort provided you spend a bulk of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for the two speciality restaurants or reserve tables in the main dining area

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new territory or situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 9 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 11 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Ann, TS

If you are flying in from Canada (for instance) you'll probably get a better overall price (in Canadian $) if you make your 'group' Westjet, Sunwing etc. From the States, the group price may be better, unless you flight is more complex than a direct one. You'll have to check.

Some/most groups are very inclusive, and invite non-group members to be a part of the activities. However, some groups are very centered on their own activity/orientation. We've been at Hedo, overlapping with women only, gay guys, and groups of one color or another. You need to check that the group's orientation/philosophy matches yours.

Part of the fun is doing the homework, the anticipation, and reading this site.

Enjoy

Blog Entries
    My group is like my second family. Why not join a group then you can vacation with people you truly like

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    My group is like my second family. Why not join a group then you can vacation with people you truly like

Cheers
    And the good news you get to pick this family!Can't think of any cons to the group we go with-it's ALL GOOD!Gonna see me some Kitten/Angel family in 66 days!April come soon!

Quote Originally Posted by wallie23 View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. My wife and I are planning on going to Hedo June 11th-19th. This will be our first time going to Hedo and have some questions. Mainly, should we go with a group, or just book a week? What are the pro’s and con’s of going with a group?
    Thanks!
    See Ann response below, she is spot on!

I guess I mean see her response above....

I can tell you a group is the way to go they help by give the you insight on dinner reservations fun things like the Piano bar. It also gives you some else to talk with other than your spouse which is nice after the first couple of days. There are many so look at the different ones that you may have a similar interest. If you don't like the group you don't have to do anything with them but chances are there is some one in the group you will hit it off with.

Our group (Kitten & Angels) is more than just a group....it's a second family.. We have group chats, and our leaders are more than on top of things when it comes to their planning.. As they say it's our vacation, do as much or as little as we want.. But with group leaders like them, we participate in all of it and so do 99 % of the group people... The people within our group mix and mingle both at Hedo and when we get home.. Considering we have people from Canada and the United States... We all do our best to keep in touch with one another all year through from one trip to the next...

Going with a group has its benefits... Just do your research and make sure if you do book with a group that it fits you! That's what's important..