Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New playroom and music volume?

It is not just the piano bar and disco, it is the whole resort. The nude pool during the day can get so loud that you can not have a conversation with the person sitting next to you. During my week we go I go up and tell the resort DJ several times to turn it down please. But most days it is Tom's Trips DJ who is playing at the nude pool and he plays the volume perfect, therefore I know it can be done lol. And the main diningroom can also be super loud. I know it is entertainment, but there is no reason to have it so loud that is vibrates you in a bad way lol. I think sometimes at the pool, piano bar and disco kick up the volume to drive people out. My 2 cents.

But on the other hand I am grateful there is music to rock to
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twoforfun View Post
    To add to the good suggestions, perhaps the disco can match the nightly theme too. Rock on Rock Star night, Reggae on Jamaican night, etc... This may help to get the word out as to the type of music being played that night and folks might get to together and make plans to hang out there ahead of time. Maybe even let some of the groups there that week pick some themes. Stretching it a little further, perhaps have iPod night. Guests could enter and win an hour of having their iPod played. Just some random thoughts. It's troublesome to hear the same complaints about the two main after 10 p.m. clothed activities at the resort (O.K., well, probably clothed....lol).
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Disco music should be theme oriented. To that end, and I've suggested this before, 1 night a week they should have a reggae band (not steel drum which was great last Hedoween) but a good tight, rockin' reggae band in the disco.

To the CPO's point, the piano room suffers from poor acoustics. It's an odd shape. Some acoustic tiling on the walls and ceilings would help infinitely. The volume isn't the issue as much as the distortion which is hellish at times. We don't spend more than 20 minutes in there for that reason. The lighting isn't great either, a bit dingy I think. We like music and don't mind if it's at a good volume IF it's clear and sounds good.
    Last edited by happy2us; 01-26-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

I don't want to sound like a complainer or whiner because I'm really not. It takes a LOT to get me to say something about a situation.

But, in my humble opinion, it seems like the people in control of the volume controls in different locations around the resort aren't really tuning into the guests' enjoyment or lack thereof with the sound level the operator chooses. Music in the dining room that's not live should just be sonic wallpaper. Loud enough to enjoy but not too loud to hinder easy conversation.

The sound levels in the piano bar - especially in recent years - has just been "stupid loud". When people are wincing at the volume level and having to shout or even scream to be heard by the person next to them, it's just too damn loud. Sing-along music should be just that - people should be able to sing along with it. People at the bar should be able to converse while having to raise their voices somewhat. It's a small room so you can't expect normal conversation levels. But, it shouldn't be painful to be in there. Sound absorption would help but the real problem is the level the volume is set at. That is easily controlled.

Thank you CPO for your input and assistance. I really appreciate it. We are heading there in the next couple weeks and would like to spend some evenings in the piano bar. If the sound levels are the same they were last year, that's just not an option.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    It is not just the piano bar and disco, it is the whole resort. The nude pool during the day can get so loud that you can not have a conversation with the person sitting next to you. During my week we go I go up and tell the resort DJ several times to turn it down please. But most days it is Tom's Trips DJ who is playing at the nude pool and he plays the volume perfect, therefore I know it can be done lol. And the main diningroom can also be super loud. I know it is entertainment, but there is no reason to have it so loud that is vibrates you in a bad way lol. I think sometimes at the pool, piano bar and disco kick up the volume to drive people out. My 2 cents.

But on the other hand I am grateful there is music to rock to
    I completely agree with the sound at the pool and we, too, have had to ask them to turn it down. I don't need to be blasted by music when I am trying to have a fun conversation with my friends poolside. Can't converse by the pool, can't converse in the Piano bar.....are they trying to stop us from getting to know people? LOL! The pool is where they can also play non-dancehall reggae, keep the dancehall stuff for the Disco or the pool-side party on Glow night. Just my opinion.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Is Deon still there at the piano bar?He had it just right last April when we were there.Stefanie was great too and Winston even came over and sang on occasion.I bet if people would ask him,he would turn it down some.
    Surprised don't see Winston's name show up more often. He's talented on stage and just fun to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by nekidnurse View Post
    Surprised don't see Winston's name show up more often. He's talented on stage and just fun to hang out with.
    Since he has become the Entertainment Staff manager, I think he does a lot more behind the scenes now. But I agree with you fully!

www.noodbrood.com

Harry just posted in the FB group that they are working with sound engineers on the volume and such. Also, there will be "theme nights" in the Disco, he did not elaborate on that yet though. He also said they have been doing more things/parties by the prude bar to get people to visit the Disco more. It sounds like they are really doing a lot more entertainment around the resort to have many different things to choose from. Looking forward to seeing all the changes in just a few weeks!
    Last edited by JayNSteph; 01-27-2016 at 09:50 AM.

www.noodbrood.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    Harry just posted in the FB group that they are working with sound engineers on the volume and such. Also, there will be "theme nights" in the Disco, he did not elaborate on that yet though. He also said they have been doing more things/parties by the prude bar to get people to visit the Disco more. It sounds like they are really doing a lot more entertainment around the resort to have many different things to choose from. Looking forward to seeing all the changes in just a few weeks!
    Sounds like we help make change as a TEAM... cheers
    too bad we'll miss you by a few days! we leave in a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by nekidnurse View Post
    We were there last week and Winston performed in a few of the theme nights, especially Rock Star and Talent Night where he sang duets with Mark Maze and also Miguel. One night he came on stage in drag, which he doesn't do very often any more, he says it's too much work being a girl! He also shows up and sings in the piano bar from time to time.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kmlovepleasure View Post
    Sounds like we help make change as a TEAM... cheers
    too bad we'll miss you by a few days! we leave in a few hours!
    Maybe next year we will run into each other. Looks like Nood Brood may be there 12-19 in 2017. We will let everyone know for sure. Safe travels!

www.noodbrood.com

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    We had the great pleasure of hearing Harry sing "My Way" one night in the piano bar with Kemar.What a night!
    The volume in the disco is damaging levels which is why we just don't go in there but the piano has never been too loud so far and we have had some awesome times in there.Deon and Stephanie are totally rocking the place when we are there and they let all the amateurs get their Kareoke on before they deliver the main event.We've enjoyed the piano bar,would vote to burn down and bull doze the disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    We had the great pleasure of hearing Harry sing "My Way" one night in the piano bar with Kemar.What a night!
    The volume in the disco is damaging levels which is why we just don't go in there but the piano has never been too loud so far and we have had some awesome times in there.Deon and Stephanie are totally rocking the place when we are there and they let all the amateurs get their Kareoke on before they deliver the main event.We've enjoyed the piano bar,would vote to burn down and bull doze the disco.
    I would agree slightly about the Disco, it is kind of an odd layout and doesn't seem to inviting. Hopefully sometime in the future this will change, but with the possibility of doing more there and incorporating it to a more inviting scene, maybe they will work on noise and atmosphere in there.

I have never been a fan of the Piano Bar. However, it is nice to be in there and a great atmosphere to chat and get to know people if it wasn't so loud in there. But it sounds like that might change soon, which is great.

Would love to have heard Harry sing! He's a great guy!

www.noodbrood.com

Thank you to all who responded and thank you to Harry and the CPO for their action on the request. I'm looking forward to hearing the changes when we are there in a couple weeks.

Peace.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123