Thread: Booking with a group question

Smile Booking with a group question

Hi guys quick question when booking with the group do you have to come in on day one or would it be OK to come in day two plus do you have a recommendation of the best group to travel with? We have never been to Hedo before so we want to make sure that we do it right!!!

Not ordinarily, but check with the travel agent you are booking with. Different TAs have different stipulations. As far as groups go...I am partial to the Playful Pussycats in April and October, but honestly there is no bad time to go.

When are looking at going?

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi again......I'm glad to see you asking for advice here in several posts.

Some groups may be different but with my Krewe de Krazy Life Annual June Group Trip, I always have people come in anywhere from 3-5 days before the actual Gtoup Trip week and stay up to a week later and still get the low group rate. The only restriction is that at least 5 nights must occur within the group week timeframe.

Last June I stayed 12 nights and two of our Krewe stay 14 nights.

So, depending on the group, you should have flexibility on your travel dates.

As for best group to book with...that is a very subjective thing. While many of the groups are similar in basic nature, each usually has aspects that meet or exclude particular criteria(s) for guests. It depends on what you require or are willing to accept.

Some groups are geared towards certain activities and expectations while others are more laid back with no expectations from members in the group.

I know with my Krewe group that guests have zero expectations--after all, it is a big time and money investment for a personal vacation and guests should be able to do--or not do--anything they wish, when they wish, how they wish. Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, relax with the group or in complete solitude anytime.

Some people join groups simply for the perks and benefits that include the lower group rate, meet and greets, goodie bags, etc and some join groups, especially newbies, for the ability to interact and have an attachment to veteran Hedo people and to have the option to join or decline participation in any group activities.

I hope that helps a little...

BTW, the June Krewe trip still has a few remaining rooms in most categories.

Most groups now have to adhere to Hedo's rules that you must be with the group for 5 days of their week, other than that it should be flexible, early or late stays.
    A lot of great groups, I would pick a time that works for you guys, and then see what groups are going around that time, see which one of those groups you think fits you best and book with them.
    And the bottom line is there is never a bad time to go to Hedo, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thank you so much The Travel Slut for all that information. That is very helpful!! How do I go about booking through your group? We are looking to fly in on June 19th and depart on or around the 26th.

Thank you. We are looking to go in June as that works best with our schedule. Hoping that really is a good time to go and he don't get hit with Hurricanes. Lol

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blpdncr View Post
    Thank you so much The Travel Slut for all that information. That is very helpful!! How do I go about booking through your group? We are looking to fly in on June 19th and depart on or around the 26th.
    Hi again,,,I just sent you a private message with details. Welcome to the Krewe!