Thread: First Time Hedo / Second Time Clothing Optional

Registered User ButterballCoupl's Avatar
    Lower Mid-Central Western Michigan (between Lansing and Grand Rapids)

First Time Hedo / Second Time Clothing Optional

We are visiting Hedo for the first time March 26 through April 2, 2016. This is our first time at Hedo and the second time in a clothing optional environment.

I believe I understand what Hedo will be like as well as I can without actually have attended. We understand there will be lots of nudity and there may (will) be overt sexual activity. However, we can just remove ourselves if we are uncomfortable.

This will be a long thread, please bear with me.

First: Are the theme nights the same each week? Is they do change, how can we find out what they are during the week we will be visiting.

Second: Do we need to make reservations for a restaurant at Hedo in advance or can we wait until after we arrive.

Third: The group we will be attending with (Beach Bind Event) is planning a trip to Rick's. We are not planning to visit Rick's, it does not seem like it is worth it. Any suggestions for or against Rick's?

Fourth: We are planning on scheduling a Clothing Optional catamaran cruise after we arrive. Has anyone participated in one of these? Is it worth the money / time?

Fifth: How revealing can the clothing be during the meals in the Main Dining room? In the other restaurants?

Sixth: Is it worth the trip to "Lobster Island"? It sounds laid back and relaxing.

One of our (my) concerns is how we will be accepted. We are overweight (I am overly so). I am hoping it is just a nervous thought.

Any other comments / suggestions?

Thank you!

1. Yes they are the same each week. The are on Hedo website www.hedonism.com

2. You wait until you arrive to make reservations.

3. We have never been, so can not comment. But if you are not interested don't go. Also, go not feel you have to do any group events, they are not mandatory.

4. We did the snorkling trip. It was fun.

5. Main Diningroom, as long as the "bits" are covered you are fine, and that includes sheer. In the restaurant they expect a bit more "classy" if that makes sense. I usually makes sure to wear a nice dress or something to the restaurants and put theme outfit on later.

6. Never been.

And as for your size, unless you run into an asshole bully, no one will care about your size as long as you are happy with yourself!!!

CHeck out the link below for a packing list and some very detailed trip reports~~Happy Hedo Planning!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Basically what Mac said. As for Ricks cruise, we loved it, the sights are amazing and you need to be able to say you've done the worlds famous Ricks. Just my opinion
    The lobster trip has mixed reviews. We didn't go.

As far as your size....no one really cares. In fact you may find there are plenty of chubby lovers..Ü. As far as the rare bully Mac mentioned, you will no doubt find that people at hedo will unite against such a person and their time there will be short lived.

1) Yep only difference may be if there is a group there, groups sometimes do there own theme nights that are different or variations of hedos.
    2) They have to be made the same day you want to go
    3) We meant to go but sand gravity is a bitch, everyone says its great.
    4) Didnt know about it, sounds like fun
    5) We saw,pretty much everything. From sheer to micro bikinis, a fishnet type dress that really did nothing, its pretty much up to you.
    6) Read our trip report, went to kayak out there, was a disaster, lost my glasses, still would like to make it out there though, probably take a boat next time.

My wife and I are over weight as well, never felt out of place at all. We saw all body types there and everyone was having a blast, from the ultra tiny nothings, to the plumps and everything in between. Your personality is really what shines at hedo. An ugly attitude trumps a beautiful body any day and vise versa.
    Your friendly neighborhood ITGuy

Hedo virgin trip 8/1 through 8/8 2015
    Hedo 3/21-3/26 2016 YSW

Thank you very much for your reply/information. I am getting excited about our visit.

we will b e there for the first time in about 30 days thank you for answering the other s post as we are getting a little nervous our selves

Travel questions:

1) What are the best suggestions for bringing our shampoo, lotions, sunscreen, lube, any other liquid/cremes, etc. that we will need?

2) Is it best to bring our toys in a separate bag? Or in a bag inside our normal luggage?

3) I have read some reviews that have stated towels were not available, should we look at bringing a couple of towels?

4) Do people play cards or board games during the day? Are they available at the resort? I know it is a nerdy/square question, however, just assume there is some down time.

Thank you for all of your responses.

1. We bring whatever we need in our checked luggage. We place anything liquid in a ziplock bag just in case of breakage or leakage from the altitude.

2. Again, your checked bag is just fine for your toys. Should TSA see something suspicious, they will open it up and place one of their cards in there.

3. There are plenty of towels to go around. IMHO, bringing towels from home just adds weight that can be used for other things, like more heels for the Mrs.

4. Down time? I think that is the time you spend on the plane heading away from Jamaica. Some people may play liars dice or dirty jenga at the nude pool but I'm not sure about a rousing game of Hedo-opoly or Settlers of Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterballCoupl View Post
    Travel questions:

1) What are the best suggestions for bringing our shampoo, lotions, sunscreen, lube, any other liquid/cremes, etc. that we will need?

2) Is it best to bring our toys in a separate bag? Or in a bag inside our normal luggage?

3) I have read some reviews that have stated towels were not available, should we look at bringing a couple of towels?

4) Do people play cards or board games during the day? Are they available at the resort? I know it is a nerdy/square question, however, just assume there is some down time.

Thank you for all of your responses.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Downtime at Hedo means something totally different than downtime at any other resort!!