Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Good, the Bad, ...and the UGLY

The Good, the Bad, ...and the UGLY

I'll start with the good...

This was our 4th trip during LoveVooDooFest. Past years were lively and had lots of activities. Oil wrestling, goat races, blow up slide, hamster balls, etc. We didn't see any of these this year.

The Air Conditioning worked fine, we had hot and cold water (others in our group had only scalding hot), the Italian and Japanese restaurants were very good. The ice water stands located everywhere were a nice touch. The music in the disco was not blaring like previous visits. The foam party was fun,... for about 5 minutes.

The bad...

We didn't see any attempt as in previous years to remove the urchins from the swimming area. 3 people in our group stepped on them. Dinner at Pastafaris took 2 hours. The free wifI was hit or miss.

The Ugly...

We met 2 of the nicest, funniest people from London on this trip. One was a Transgender (male with breasts and a unit) and the other a cross dresser. They were not a couple, just 2 friends on holiday. My wife noticed the one alone on the beach and introduced herself since everyone else was ignoring him, err...her. I will admit that if it weren't for her I would have ignored them as well. Thankfully she introduced me to them. They turned out to be very funny and nice. Now where it gets ugly is how everybody else at the resort treated them inhumanely. They were kicked out of the Jamaican men review at the disco and all they were doing is watching, period. They were doing no harm to anyone. I watched many of the wait staff give rude stares while sitting with them at breakfast. I saw the Transgender male get verbally accosted by a husband for being friendly to his wife. Somebody in the middle of the night thought it would be clever or funny to take a crap in front of their door. Now I know how people in the LGBT community are looked upon in Jamaica, but I was embarrassed to be a part of the human race to see how these 2 were treated. And this is just the stuff that I saw. For some reason I was under the impression that this group was accepting of everyone 's sexual fetish/orientation. Did I miss something?

The more these assholes made them try to feel unwelcome, the more I included them in our small groups activities. We had a blast playing pool volleyball with them. I walked away from this experience with a new respect for what these people go through on a daily basis. That, and that ignorant people can be really cruel. Had they spent 5 minutes getting to know these 2 they would have seen that they were no threat, and actually pretty decent individuals.

Greg and Jen

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be friendly to anyone until I have a reason not to be.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

I am not shocked by much I read on here, but this shocked me!!! I can not believe they were treated that was by staff or guests. That is unacceptable!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

As far as we are concerned any LoveVooDooFest takeover at Hedo in the future is a week we will not be there. Was part of a LVD three years ago and had a great time. This year a one star affair. if you read their advertising for this week you would swear you arrived late and missed everything. Close to false advertising. As stated and I agree there was very little cleaning of the nude beach. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come and was just an off week. As far as the two individuals mentioned, we had the opportunity to meet and spend some time speaking with the person that is a Transgender. A delightful person who also shared some of the not so great comments made to them at Hedo. For those idiots that made these two individuals feel so unwelcomed, I feel sorry for you and hopefully you are not judged for your chosen lifestyle.

I was there for Love Voodoo week and wondered what the big hype for their 10th anniversary was. There was no energy. There were no events besides what the EC staff did. If it weren't for their sign, I never would have known that there was a group in house.

As for the sea urchins, they live there. They move around. I would never expect any resort to remove living creatures from their own habitat.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post

As for the sea urchins, they live there. They move around. I would never expect any resort to remove living creatures from their own habitat.
    Thank you! I swear people act like the natural environment is trash! It's there for a reason, leave it alone!

As for the treatment, I'm a little shocked. But not much. Even on here there's little tolerance for anything outside what they consider normal. But defecating on the doorway? They should have been removed. Best to believe in karma in this case. ...

In years past they relocated the sea urchins to another spot, not disposed of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ajv767fo View Post
    In years past they relocated the sea urchins to another spot, not disposed of them.
    But they are living creatures and move around. If you move them, they and others can still come back.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    But they are living creatures and move around. If you move them, they and others can still come back.
    So does this mean I can help save the planet by wearing water shoes? They are not only stylish but are also pretty darn effective on slippery concrete.And they protect the Environment-who knew?Definitely a win win situation!

Joe,

Shouldn't we be more concerned how humans are treating other humans? I think the Jamaican ecosystem will survive a couple dozen displaced sea urchins.

On a side note Jennifer missed her treadmill partner this morning.

Greg and Jen

I'll start with the good...

This was our 4th trip during LoveVooDooFest. Past years were lively and had lots of activities. Oil wrestling, goat races, blow up slide, hamster balls, etc. We didn't see any of these this year.

The Air Conditioning worked fine, we had hot and cold water (others in our group had only scalding hot), the Italian and Japanese restaurants were very good. The ice water stands located everywhere were a nice touch. The music in the disco was not blaring like previous visits. The foam party was fun,... for about 5 minutes.

The bad...

We didn't see any attempt as in previous years to remove the urchins from the swimming area. 3 people in our group stepped on them. Dinner at Pastafaris took 2 hours. The free wifI was hit or miss.

The Ugly...

We met 2 of the nicest, funniest people from London on this trip. One was a Transgender (male with breasts and a unit) and the other a cross dresser. They were not a couple, just 2 friends on holiday. My wife noticed the one alone on the beach and introduced herself since everyone else was ignoring him, err...her. I will admit that if it weren't for her I would have ignored them as well. Thankfully she introduced me to them. They turned out to be very funny and nice. Now where it gets ugly is how everybody else at the resort treated them inhumanely. They were kicked out of the Jamaican men review at the disco and all they were doing is watching, period. They were doing no harm to anyone. I watched many of the wait staff give rude stares while sitting with them at breakfast. I saw the Transgender male get verbally accosted by a husband for being friendly to his wife. Somebody in the middle of the night thought it would be clever or funny to take a crap in front of their door. Now I know how people in the LGBT community are looked upon in Jamaica, but I was embarrassed to be a part of the human race to see how these 2 were treated. And this is just the stuff that I saw. For some reason I was under the impression that this group was accepting of everyone 's sexual fetish/orientation. Did I miss something?

The more these assholes made them try to feel unwelcome, the more I included them in our small groups activities. We had a blast playing pool volleyball with them. I walked away from this experience with a new respect for what these people go through on a daily basis. That, and that ignorant people can be really cruel. Had they spent 5 minutes getting to know these 2 they would have seen that they were no threat, and actually pretty decent individuals.

Greg and Jen

We are so sorry to hear any of this happened.... NO person should ever be treated differently because of WHO THEY ARE. This lifestyle we chose is because we love the fact that people don't judge anyone!!!! So disappointed to hear that the 2 lovely people NO MATTER how they dress or change themselves got treated so poorly. When we have our groups at events nationwide or event at our dirtyperv weeks I have never seen anyone treated poorly. UGH I wish we could have them come back and really enjoy a week with true OPEN MINDED individuals. Hedonism is a great amazing place and everyone should get to experience that.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    As for the treatment, I'm a little shocked. But not much. Even on here there's little tolerance for anything outside what they consider normal.
    Yep - our thoughts as well. We love Hedo and have a blast partying with Hedo people, but we've also seen a lot of ugliness (on line and off) towards many ideas/preferences. Much more so than our local LS community.
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

ajv767fo...Sorry to read that two individuals were treated so poorly at Hedo, in fact in some instances harassed. It just reminds us that there are people (harassers/bullies) who have not matured since junior high school. Kudos to you for befriending two unique individuals!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-15-2017 at 06:13 PM.

But what if every resort tried to relocate the sea urchins? Where would they all go.

I had to run today all by myself and it just wasn't the same! It was great meeting you both!

Joe,

Shouldn't we be more concerned how humans are treating other humans? I think the Jamaican ecosystem will survive a couple dozen displaced sea urchins.

On a side note Jennifer missed her treadmill partner this morning.

Greg and Jen
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast