Thread: Orient Beach for Christmas

Orient Beach for Christmas

Hello! We will be at Club Orient on Orient Beach for 10 days through Christmas, and I wanted to know if anyone had recommendations for nice places for dinner? It is our first trip to St. Martin, and we would like to get out and do some exploring, so any "must see" ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also, how do you post pictures on here? Do you host them on the board, or have to upload them elsewhere?

Many thanks!!

The food there is quite good. My favorites are:
    La Villa in Grand Case
    Le Pressoir in Grand Case (does look like much but the food is insane)
    Sol De Luna in Mt Vernon (about 10 minutes from Grand Case)

Pinel Island is a great day trip.

Wish I was going back soon. Have fun.

In Grand Case I would also recommend Bistrot Caraibes which is right in the middle of "restaurant row" on the land side. Also for a local French flavour is Les Brasseries de Iles, it is not expensive and the food is good and plentiful (they have no problem splitting a meal). If you want an inexpensive day try one of the Lolos on the ocean side of the road, the food is usually good and very inexpensive. Have fun at Club O, we have stayed there about 8 times and loved each time…and then we discovered Hedo!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thank you both for your suggestions. We will check them out; the Les Brasseries de Iles sounds great!

Hedo is on the list for sure, thanks again!

We loved the Calmos Café in Grand Case for dinner. You sit at the waters edge, waves lapping almost at your feet, and watch the sunset while eating some delicious food.
    Cheers,

We enjoy Happy hour at the perch watching the planes come in over lunch at the Sunset Beach bar.
    Wandering down front street on a windy or cloudy day is a great way to spend a day
    For dinning Grand Case is just hard to beat
    Enjoy your trip

We had drinks at Calmos cafe and it was wonderful! The setting was amazing, and the crowd was cool. We had the best meal at Oceans 82, but we forgot to get reservations. We spoke with the hostess, and she made it seem like we would never get in, and she even tried to get us to go to one of the chef's other restaurants. We had a drink at the bar, and she came by to chat with us and ended up getting us a terrific table. The foie gras with the beef tenderloin was off the fucking charts and their wine selection was tremendous!

Club Orient was an absolute blast for New Years eve, and the lead singer for the entertainment pulled my wife on stage to do a scene from the movie Dirty Dancing. I know she was mortified on the inside, but she was an absolute trooper and afterwards everyone kept buying her drinks and telling her how lovely her dance moves were!

Overall I loved Club O, but I am not in any hurry to go back; there are just too many amazing places to go! We will be on the Bare Necessities cruise in February, and who knows whats after that!! If anyone has an specific questions about our time at CLub O, I'd be happy to provide more detail.