Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife and I first Hedonism trip Thanksgiving weekend

Wife and I first Hedonism trip Thanksgiving weekend

I was doing some surfing looking for Hedo info and tips and I am so happy to have found this great forum! You all seem so knowledgeable and friendly. We are recent empty nesters, (within the last few years ) and feel like newlyweds. The more I read about Hedo, the more I feel like going for 3 days is not enough. We arrive Saturday and leave Tuesday.
    How should we make the most out of a short stay?
    Also, what is the preferred transportation from the airport to the resort? TIMAIR looks good for the view, but the ground view might be nice also
    Hello to all as a first time poster!

Hi, Everyone is different. Your and your partners comfort level. We have been three times and I have to agree, three days is short. But basically, I would recommend that you discuss about what you are looking for before you go. And then let the days play out. My wife is a little shy, so we spend the first day on the Prude Side (clothing optional) that way she can get into the Hedo atmosphere. Then we may spend time on the Nude Side on day two. Take a Bubba Mug for drinks and an open mind. We take the bus from the airport, because it is part of the package we buy. Never tried Tim Air so can't compare the two. Hope you have a great stay.

Welcome and enjoy your trip! Stay hydrated and bring sunscreen. Go with the flow and if you don't get to everything, book another trip

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Registered User beauty and Bear's Avatar
    Hello snlm, that is a short one. Just a couple years ago we were faced with our first trip as well. We were very excited and a bit nervous to boot. The nerves were diminished however, because we went to a nude beach first before we even went to Hedo. That kinda got the cherry popped so to speak and we really didn't have any issues when we arrived. Within a couple hours of arrival (we passed out in the room from too much partying on the trip there?) we were naked at the nude bar. We had a great time and book again right away. I agree on the bubba mug is a must have. Just pace yourself, biggest mistake by first timers is too much too fast(partying). Drink a drink then a water and you'll remember everything. Have fun and just enjoy, don't be worried about being approached, chances are you will be but everyone we have ever met there are extremely respectful and friendly. A simple no thanks works great. Have a great time!

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    We arrive Sunday, promise you that you are going to have a great time. There is plenty of info re Tim Air on this forum. We have used them a number of times however the costs are getting very high and it is not always the fastest way to Negril. Now we use a private driver. He is fast we pay $80 including a tip for the 2 of us 1 way. If you can share the price is $120 for 4.

Since you are there for such a short trip be prepared to get no sleep and party hard.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Three days is no where near long enough but if that is all you can mangage,don't obsess about it-you will likely be back in a few months!A big drink of water between "drinks" is great advice lest you be wiped out and ruin your already too short vacation.I enjoy the bus ride,especially if there's people we know on board,but would do Tim Air if the wife could handle it.One of us loves light planes and the view on a pretty day is mostly awe inspiring no matter where you are!

Wow all good stuff. I like the mug idea, Hedo must have small cups!
    Planning another trip, also great
    Pacing can be a problem, we will need discipline. We just got back from Fantasy Fest and did pretty good this year. Friday can be tough with the Masquerade March, but we did well.
    No sleep party hard!

The cups Hedo supplies are indeed small, as one guest said "by the time I got back to my chair, my drink was gone".
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

When you return home you will have two questions...why did we wait so long to go there and why didn't we book longer. Bringing your own mug is as much about insulation as drink size, ice melts quickly in the Jamaican sun. I highly recommend checking out what the themes are while you are there and taking part. Hedo is all about the atmosphere and people, so if your trip is short just jump right in. You can make lifelong friends in minutes so jump in the nude pool and enjoy.

If it makes you feel any better we just returned form our first trip of 7 days and we still felt it was to short. We never even explored the resort. Never tried the two specialty restaurants. Ah well that's what future trips are for.

Congrats on booking your first trip! My first one (years ago) was 5 days - I was back again 2 months later for a week. Now, for us, the ideal is around 10 days. Another piece of advice - you will meet TONS of people. Everyone is very friendly & social at Hedo & I've found that one of the hardest things to do is remember everyone's names. We love it when people wear a necklace or hat with their name - it really helps. So we now do this too on every trip. Stop into a local Walmart or craft store & pick up some alphabet beads & something to string them on - doesn't need to be fancy, it's only gotta last you three days. There's something really nice about being greeted by name by the staff & other guests - it makes you feel like you belong even more. This just helps everyone out.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing that you've booked a second trip in rapid succession.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    If it makes you feel any better we just returned form our first trip of 7 days and we still felt it was to short. We never even explored the resort. Never tried the two specialty restaurants. Ah well that's what future trips are for.
    '

Sorta sounds like our first trip but I am SURE you guys had much more fun!You really should try the restaurants some time.You were right about the late night pizza.Best thing I can say about it is that it's hot and it's there...

Quote Originally Posted by snlm View Post
    I was doing some surfing looking for Hedo info and tips and I am so happy to have found this great forum! You all seem so knowledgeable and friendly. We are recent empty nesters, (within the last few years ) and feel like newlyweds. The more I read about Hedo, the more I feel like going for 3 days is not enough. We arrive Saturday and leave Tuesday.
    How should we make the most out of a short stay?
    Also, what is the preferred transportation from the airport to the resort? TIMAIR looks good for the view, but the ground view might be nice also
    Hello to all as a first time poster!

Strongly recommend the TIMAIR option if you can afford it. The view along the coast is amazing!!! My first flight into Negril was as a wee lad of 10 when I flew from Kingston with my best friend and his dad on a Cessna single engine (his dad was the MEP contractor for Hedo, so I can honestly say that we were probably the only children to visit Hedo....). TIMAIR will also shorten your trip to Negril.

TIMAIR is named after Tim Moxon, the actor who played 006 in Dr. No, and was originally a crop dusting air company. There were quite a few hell-raising pilots from the UK who made Jamaica home after WW2 and their stories are legendary!!!

Three days is better than no days! Take in as much as you can, and like Naughty Nudists said, you can start planning another visit in a few months. Since you only stayed 3 days, it's perfect justification! Enjoy !

For a three day stay,push yourself not to sleep much.You can sleep on the plane back home.Seriously.....but do drink plenty of water..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast