Thread: Rookies looking for vacation advice (maybe Spice?)

Rookies looking for vacation advice (maybe Spice?)

We're a couple in our 30's. Very used to nudity with the female half usually wearing a thong and going topless even in resorts where it isn't the norm. Things are always much more comfortable with likeminded people though so we're thinking of heading to Spice, Lanzarote in June/July 2016.
    We're not into the lifestyle but fantasise a lot about it. Don't know if we'd ever go for it but it turns us on when we're 'in the zone'.
    We went to Temptation once and the toplessness and sexiness all seemed a bit 'forced' which we didn't like. We're used to nudity so it was a bit contrived. We're looking for somewhere chilled out where people can be topless and a bit raunchy without total chaos ensuing around us for chaos' sake! We turned down some swingers we got on with at a 'standard' resort and considered going through with it because it just developed naturally and was chilled out. We don't want to go to a place where people are doing it for the sake of it. We'd rather a chilled vibe where people are naked because that's cool and they're just doing their thing and any sexual stuff develops naturally and as a result of hanging out. Made-up fun isn't fun in our opinion. Will Spice be a good bet for us? If not any suggestions?
    Hope all that makes sense and hope it hasn't offended anyone. It wasn't meant in that way! We appreciate all the help we get!!!

How can you tell if people are doing it "for the sake of doing it," rather than doing it because it developed naturally? I have never been to Temptations and perhaps if I had I'd totally get the vibe that you are referring to. I think I sort of get it. I think the vibe can change at any of the lifestyle resorts based on who is there at any given time.
    I enjoy Hedo and recommend it. The amount of sexual activity that goes on at the nude pool at Hedo varies. Sometimes there's just a few people having oral sex with the majority of people socializing. Maybe occasionally no one is having any sex of any kind. Sometimes there is more full on sex with three or moresomes. That variance to me makes it feel like people are just doing what they feel like doing not what they think they should be doing. Some people might be motivated to have sex at the pool mainly to satisfy exhibitionistic desires. Is that what you're looking to avoid?
    P.S. Way to rock that sexy thong!

I think because we're European and used to being able to be nude or topless whenever we like without being a thing, it can feel contrived when people over the Atlantic suddenly find they are allowed and can! There's no problem with that. It's like the boobs cruise we went on in cancun where the boat left the dock and a deckhand came round and gathered all the tops!
    In Europe it's like if we want to take them off we will and it ain't no thing so why make it this big ritual. Does that make sense?

Hi there - perhaps I can add some insight, as I have been to Temptations, Hedo, Spice, Desire & on a cruise (and I currently live in the UK).

Here are my thoughts:

Spice - It's a small resort (which usually has about 50-70 guests at a given time) & almost everyone seemed to be in the lifestyle. There was a language barrier though & that seemed to separate people into "groups" based on language. I found that my BF & I could really only communicate with about 30% of the guests in English. The rest spoke French, German, Dutch, Russian, etc. This made it difficult for us to interact - we are very social people & it was a hindrance for us. The F&B options were limited with only 1 restaurant & 1 bar (they did also have a swim-up bar at the jacuzzi, but it was only open limited hours - like 5pm-7pm). We booked for 4 nights & found we were ready to go home after 3 - and we probably won't go back. This is unfortunate, because we go to Hedo twice a year & we were hoping this would make a nice "in-between trip", since it was so close.

Temptations - I get what you mean. This place seemed to have more of a "Spring Break" party vibe - with people dipping their toes in the nudity. While it was fun & lively - it wasn't really a chilled, sexy vacation. It reminded me a bit of a college/university spring break resort.

Hedonism - Yes! Yes! Yes! hahaha - I guess you know where my favoritism lies now. In all seriousness, Hedonism has something for everyone. I know a lot of people who go there who are swingers & some that visit as nudists. But honestly, people aren't pushy about swinging - you may be approached, but if you're not interested, a polite "no thank you", works every time and no one is offended. Hedo has both social areas & quiet areas and no one is hung up on the nudity - everyone accepts it as part of the culture. Even the people who spend time on the "clothing optional" side of the resort don't mind the nudity - they just may not be 100% ready to try it yet themselves. Hedonism has around 300 rooms - so there is a larger, more diverse crowd. If you are going to spend the money on a nice all-inclusive vacation, I would highly recommend Hedonism. The multiple restaurant & bar options themselves make it worth it - plus it's right on the beach... (which Spice isn't) so you can enjoy a nude dip in the Caribbean. Plus, you'll never meet friendlier people than you will at Hedonism.

Wherever you decide to go - I wish you an amazing time! Cheers!
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

PS - If you decide to try Hedonism in July, we may see you there - we just (today) booked for the last 2 weeks of July. Woot! Woot!

And, check out www.holidayplace.co.uk - it's who we book through here in the UK & they have really competitive rates.
    Last edited by lovin_life; 10-16-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Hello, we have been to he do and spice, and love both. Headed back to spice in December and for there birthday party in June also.heres that I see in the two resorts
    Hedo...big, fun, beach, all great things. Every time we have been there's been a different grouping, some were come join in love that your here, some are a little more Into a click feel. Most of the time the sexual vibe is there and no one pressures or pushes you. The big thing is being nude. It's a must and the law is inforced. There have been times that I couldn't get a chair, drink, and food before being told to take my clothes off...give me a few minutes hahaha. The sexual vibe here is very loud and sometimes can be overwhelming depend on the group that might be there. The hot tub is great, and can be a crazy night or there might be two couples in there, I find it hit or miss. Everyone is there to have a good time and this resort does not consider itself a lifestyle resort , although lots of people that go there would disagree it is a naturalist resort as well with tons of hidden gems to just lie back and relax. When we go to hedo, there are times we never leave the resort. I have been to Jamaica about 30 times so maybe it's that I think I have seen it all, or that I'm just to lounge chair molded?

Spice.. Is smaller, but if you go in June it's their birthday and will be packed. When we have been there we were one of the three American couples, never have I had a problem with a langue barrier, as you know most Europeans speak English. We left with most of the couples emails, and keep in touch with many. Lots of Brits due to the non stop flights, but french, Belgium, German were all accounted for also. The dress code is very casual we have been around the pool playing the games with people nude, swimsuits, street clothes, and everything between and no one says anything about it. No beach is the biggest bummer, but it is right down the street a ways along with a nice area with shops, pubs, and restaurants. The British influence is very strong and most of the places spoke wonderful English, we never had a issue. The sexual vibe here is not quite as in your face but it is a lifestyle resort. The hot tub is where everyone ends up and most anything can happen. The food was good, being use to the Caribbean overkill with all inclusive resorts where food is there 24/7 this is a little different as there is one resturant with set times and then during the day small snacks are brought out and there midnight pizza. We found that going into town was great for us, cheap and got us out of the resort and we saw the island. We thought this was very nice to do