Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction update

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post
    I find it strange that Hedo management has not used their own community forum to talk about the renovation plans. There is no forum or blog post at all initiated by them to let people know what's going on, only responses to concerns raised by others. This is a site run by them as opposed to this forum, Dennyp's, or the Facebook group, why not be proactive and tell people what's going on, it would be much better than posts like "What your career says about your sex life".
    Sadly I am afraid that community.hedonism.com is a dead site.

Many many guests have posted there looking for it to be the official source of information about the resort.

Its extremely poorly executed and as a result the guests go elsewhere like this site or dominately Facebook.

The hotel should actually have an official facebook group and not rely on the existing one to communicate to its guests.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I totally get both sides of the argument.Could things have been communicated better-sure!Is it a major pain to be faced with major reconstruction when you unknowingly get to the resort and find out what's going on-sure!BUT,I can remember not too long ago everybody complaining about how run down the place was and all the imperfections.Now Hedo is under new management who is spending Big Bucks getting it up to a higher standard.Somebody always gets inconvenienced by "progress" but the ones affected who are not Hedo first timers know how much better their subsequent trips are going to be.Many of the first timers will undoubtedly return and have some nostalgia about their awful but fun first trip.Hedo is turning into a better place and we can all be thankful for that.........

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I totally get both sides of the argument.Could things have been communicated better-sure!Is it a major pain to be faced with major reconstruction when you unknowingly get to the resort and find out what's going on-sure!BUT,I can remember not too long ago everybody complaining about how run down the place was and all the imperfections.Now Hedo is under new management who is spending Big Bucks getting it up to a higher standard.Somebody always gets inconvenienced by "progress" but the ones affected who are not Hedo first timers know how much better their subsequent trips are going to be.Many of the first timers will undoubtedly return and have some nostalgia about their awful but fun first trip.Hedo is turning into a better place and we can all be thankful for that.........
    I don't think anyone has an issue that the construction is happening. It is needed and long overdue. The issue is no one from management informed guest and they were caught off guard by the amount of work taking place. Let the consumer decide if they can deal with the inconvenience don't make the decision for them. Some would gladly still go while construction is taking place some would have changed their plans and booked at a later time.

Outlaw and sunbabes, well said. Our thoughts exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunbabes View Post
    The hotel should actually have an official facebook group and not rely on the existing one to communicate to its guests.
    Sunbabes, they do have their own official Facebook page but unfortunately it's only used for marketing. I had forgotten about it but you're absolutely right, it would be another way for them to proactively communicate but instead they are only defensively responding to comments which makes the negativity and rumour mill get out of control.

The Bottom line is the resort should post there official long range construction plane on there Facebook page or there booking page. I have been to the resort several times during construction and haven't been that disappointed.
    But as with others I think they have a duty to divulge construction plans long range to allow for guest to book if they want to or not. A lot of times in the past the construction time have gone on longer then planned.
    They should be open and upfront about there plans and we shouldn't have to go around trying to find out 3rd party. I know that would be upsetting to a lot of the group leaders for fear of losing booking revenue. Harry talks a lot but times are often off.
    I know this is HEDO we are talking about but I do expect certain amenities to be there when I am there. I have asked for a construction schedule several times and never got a response. I think this last undertaking was to much at one. :-(
    I also wonder when they plan on redoing nude pool and Jacuzzi ???
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

Yes apparently the nude pool and hot tub are in the long range plans to be renovated. But as you say, dates have been communicated very inaccurately before.

Yes apparently the nude pool and hot tub are in the long range plans to be renovated. But as you say, dates have been communicated very inaccurately before.
    I don't think we will ever know until it's to late. If they divulged that info nobody would book during that time frame. We all know that area accounts for 90% of the vibe.
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    It seems I've ruffled your feathers... We have been there during construction...all those new room that were done...we were there during the middle of it...with no water from day to day, as they shut it off to make the improvements that are needed to keep this paradise we all call our home away from home...ohh wait we were also there during the construction of the new court yard...did we "bitch" because we had to go to the piano bar through the back door, absolutely NOT... Some people such as yourself are very quick to judge the resort or its workers because they didn't keep you informed of what improvements they were doing and when... Just as in my original post, there will always be someone who bitches and there will always be someone who isn't happy... But please remember the next time your sitting in the NEW dining room, having an amazing plate of Jamaican cooked food, watching that show on the new stage.... You bitched for the sake of hearing yourself.. Cause you're enjoying all those new upgrades now...

All of this construction is a short term pain, for a long term gain...
    Hello...

A rare and hard earned holiday

Is a terrible thing to waste.

Only to later endure

The stinging comments

By the "love it or leave it" crowd.

I have said it before

The "love it or leave its" are being compensated somehow....

Surely

Wow.. Bitching? Let me get this straight, I said nothing while I was there until asked by the person that comes by on the beach and ask you how your trip is going....should I lie to her and say this is the best trip ever! .bitching? About planning a vacation, planning on being at a hotel with certain items, such as a seat for dinner,asking ahead of time about any issues going on, being told by Harry himself that nothing would be a big issue or deal? and then waking up to jack hammers and plywood? This is bitching? I love this place also, I guess I'm not as much of a cheerleader as some and do have some expectations on what I spend my money on. for me being in the travel industry I know that any hotel...and we have to remember this is not friend tommy's beach house that he is letting us stay in. This is a hotel with a responsibility to it clients and that's what we are clients, any hotel will advise it's clients of major renovations and allow them to make the decision to go or not. Would I have still gone? I don't know I was not given the choice to choose. And each client being treated even and fairly is just too much to ask i guess?

Argh … Our very brief perspective.

Firstly:
    Throw some token compensation at the wall.
    If it sticks, it sticks; and if it does not, ohhh well.

Secondly:
    Roll out the Goon Squad, and dumb down the message.

Editor’s note: The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
    “How do you keep them down on the farm after they have been to Paris?”
    “Let them eat cake!”

Two thousand bonus points for the use of the word "token".

Sunbabes, they do have their own official Facebook page but unfortunately it's only used for marketing.
    Mostly staying out of the debate (yes, the renovation has to be done and yes, it very much sucks for those people visiting right now), but speaking of the H2 FaceBook page, we had to laugh when we saw their marketing post yesterday:
    https://www.facebook.com/HedonismJam...53574175302498

Just strange timing with so much of the resort torn up (and the prude grill part of the main dining system for now).
    Last edited by NWWACouple; 08-15-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

Quote Originally Posted by NWWACouple View Post
    Mostly staying out of the debate (yes, it renovation has to be done and yes, it very much sucks for those people visiting right now), but speaking of the H2 FaceBook page, we had to laugh when we say their marketing post yesterday:
    https://www.facebook.com/HedonismJam...53574175302498

Just strange timing with so much of the resort torn up (and the prude grill part of the main dining system for now).
    Someone should ask them to post the construction photos we have all seen.. that would create an entirely different message

Quote Originally Posted by sunbabes View Post
    Someone should ask them to post the construction photos we have all seen.. that would create an entirely different message
    I agree. I'm interested to see what the place looks like when we arrive later.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ and DA View Post
    I agree. I'm interested to see what the place looks like when we arrive later.
    When are you arriving? I have photos from other sites.. video even

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast