Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction update

I do feel bad for those who signed on without knowing any of this was planned, but I am going in about four weeks. I knew all of this was going on when I booked, and made the decision that putting up with construction hassle was better than just not going. So it's all cool with me.

I'm sure the construction will carry over into the first week of Oct we get there on the 2nd but we go for the really cool people and the nude beech and pool. I'm sure we'll have a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    No matter what the issues, there is always going to be some one who bitches... Not everyone can be pleased.. In order for people to stop bitching about how the conditions at Hedo could be better, ALL of these renos are mandatory.. Yes there will be people who will be affected by it, but would you rather they close the whole resort down for a year to have theses items done??.

STOP bitching, you're in Jamaica ... At Hedo...where it's like an adult playground...make the best out of what is given...we realize you've been inconvenient by it by think of all the resort workers who not only have to accommodate those guests who are there but they have to listen to the bitching of the ungrateful people, who have the ability to spend a week in paradise while the sweat their asses of with a smile to make you're stay enjoyable..making below the cost of living in wages..

You know.. i have to totally take exception to your comment.
    I get the go with the flow have a good time of things that embodies a Hedo spirit.

But you should not be suggesting that when people post a well balanced accounting of what is going on, in the absense of the hotel doing so, its not "BITCHING".

There is absolutely nothing wrong with communicating the issues they are having in the resort, especially when there are some of us, who are going very shortly.

IF you are not going to be in attendance while this work is going on, you can afford a casual attitude about it all, but if its your first time there, or you are trying to tell the rest of us about the conditions, then I say speak ON!

A comment to "Stop bitching" is not constructive here.

Quote Originally Posted by AIdol View Post
    I do feel bad for those who signed on without knowing any of this was planned, but I am going in about four weeks. I knew all of this was going on when I booked, and made the decision that putting up with construction hassle was better than just not going. So it's all cool with me.
    I think a key part of this issue is that extent of the construction at this time.. it seems they may have too much on the go at the same time to balance off the needs of the guests.

No one at Hedo has ever suggested that more than 1/2 the resort is offline.

When we look at the photos and see the extent of what is going on, it gives us pause and makes us rethink if its too much at once.

Cumulative issues are far more complex to manage than a single issue; its not JUST this phase of the renos, its the whole deal

right on Papa Smurf...we've done the Wasaga & Muskoka thing...we chose Jamaica now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GandG View Post
    Also hedo joe, this is a third party website it is not controlled or managed by hedonisom, NO one should have to receive there information on a third party forum but from the hotel direct , that is why I posted and asked questions on their forum. The jack hammering has not ended and the pool, restaurant should be closed until sometime in oct, or 24 hours depending who you speak to hahahaha. Also this is the first time our room cleaning person has let us know where to leave our tip!
    Most of the info you see here or elsewhere is coming from guests or Harry as he posts in various places. The current work is supposed to be completed before the first week in October. If your housekeeper told you where to put your tip, she should be reported as she knows she is not suppose to be accepting them.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Blog Entries
    No matter what the issues, there is always going to be some one who bitches... Not everyone can be pleased.. In order for people to stop bitching about how the conditions at Hedo could be better, ALL of these renos are mandatory.. Yes there will be people who will be affected by it, but would you rather they close the whole resort down for a year to have theses items done??.

STOP bitching, you're in Jamaica ... At Hedo...where it's like an adult playground...make the best out of what is given...we realize you've been inconvenient by it by think of all the resort workers who not only have to accommodate those guests who are there but they have to listen to the bitching of the ungrateful people, who have the ability to spend a week in paradise while the sweat their asses of with a smile to make you're stay enjoyable..making below the cost of living in wages..

very well said... we was going to say the same.... make the best of your trip or you can cancel your trip... after all its Hedo.... we knew about the reno's thats going on last Jan... so we knew it was coming.... also we have friends that work there and they tell us whats happening there.... so just go and enjoy or stay home and stop bitching....
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Quote Originally Posted by sunluvingurl View Post
    Ontario, agree. BUT, we were there 2 yrs ago, August, construction of rooms on nude side. Very noisy and disrupting. Now this yr dining room closed, Harry Sans closed and disco closed. No notification, no reduced rates, couple that with no or little entertainment!?!? We may as well gone elsewhere. Hedo management needs to be proactive rather than reactive notifying affective guests prior to arrival so alternative arrangements can be made if needed.
    To future guests it should be noted that major renovations occur unannounced, consider calling management to determine if your stay dates are impacted.
    Love Hedo, but guests should be taken into consideration for the prices charge.

I totally agree that there should be some discount ot compensation if you were not notified that your week would be interupted by construction.
    rockcouple62 on SLS
    HEDO 2
    Seamore's Misfits Sept 8-17 2023

It seems I've ruffled your feathers... We have been there during construction...all those new room that were done...we were there during the middle of it...with no water from day to day, as they shut it off to make the improvements that are needed to keep this paradise we all call our home away from home...ohh wait we were also there during the construction of the new court yard...did we "bitch" because we had to go to the piano bar through the back door, absolutely NOT... Some people such as yourself are very quick to judge the resort or its workers because they didn't keep you informed of what improvements they were doing and when... Just as in my original post, there will always be someone who bitches and there will always be someone who isn't happy... But please remember the next time your sitting in the NEW dining room, having an amazing plate of Jamaican cooked food, watching that show on the new stage.... You bitched for the sake of hearing yourself.. Cause you're enjoying all those new upgrades now...

All of this construction is a short term pain, for a long term gain...

Blog Entries
    It seems I've ruffled your feathers... We have been there during construction...all those new room that were done...we were there during the middle of it...with no water from day to day, as they shut it off to make the improvements that are needed to keep this paradise we all call our home away from home...ohh wait we were also there during the construction of the new court yard...did we "bitch" because we had to go to the piano bar through the back door, absolutely NOT... Some people such as yourself are very quick to judge the resort or its workers because they didn't keep you informed of what improvements they were doing and when... Just as in my original post, there will always be someone who bitches and there will always be someone who isn't happy... But please remember the next time your sitting in the NEW dining room, having an amazing plate of Jamaican cooked food, watching that show on the new stage.... You bitched for the sake of hearing yourself.. Cause you're enjoying all those new upgrades now...

All of this construction is a short term pain, for a long term gain...

agree.....
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

We were at Hedo August 2 yrs ago during the construction. Was loud and very disrupting on the nude side. When we go to Hedo we actually go for R&R. To the nude pool several times a day but hang out mostly on the prude side by Sandals. We are nudists, not in the "lifestyle" and not big into crazy parting. Don't get me wrong we love watching others and others watching us, looking forward to visiting the playroom again. We LOVE Hedo (it takes all kinds). And yes we did know construction was planned for this summer, but not told when or the extent of the construction. Have friends that have been there this week and they report much confusion, unfriendly staff regarding the construction and not being told of the construction on the main dining area until Monday night, when the construction began Tuesday AM.
    Looking forward to returning "home" tomorrow, hoping many of the logistics have been better worked out. And yes, must have pain with gain, understood.

I think some of you have drank a little too much of the Hedo Koolaid. Is it a fun place yes, did we enjoy our time hell yes. Does that mean you should turn a blind eye to everything the resort does because it's hedo, hell no. I think the resort should publish on its website and the groups should tell people what renovations are happening and when. Then if someone decides to book at that time they knew the entire situation. It's not unreasonable to be upset that major construction is going on and you were not notified when you booked or you did not get offered a reduced rate. You can all say make the best of it but these people paid their hard earned money to go to hedo, they should expect to get the same vacation anyone else gets. Let's see this happen during one of the weeks th fluffs are there.

I find it strange that Hedo management has not used their own community forum to talk about the renovation plans. There is no forum or blog post at all initiated by them to let people know what's going on, only responses to concerns raised by others. This is a site run by them as opposed to this forum, Dennyp's, or the Facebook group, why not be proactive and tell people what's going on, it would be much better than posts like "What your career says about your sex life".

This is not just noise or using an alternative entrance. This is a major interruption of a core service. A service paid for. There was a MINIMAL discount, more likely due to the slow season. But no mention of major construction. I am happy with the improvements and would not change my plans. ...but good business would have been being honest and forthright and letting each guest make their own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw11b View Post
    I think some of you have drank a little too much of the Hedo Koolaid. Is it a fun place yes, did we enjoy our time hell yes. Does that mean you should turn a blind eye to everything the resort does because it's hedo, hell no. I think the resort should publish on its website and the groups should tell people what renovations are happening and when. Then if someone decides to book at that time they knew the entire situation. It's not unreasonable to be upset that major construction is going on and you were not notified when you booked or you did not get offered a reduced rate. You can all say make the best of it but these people paid their hard earned money to go to hedo, they should expect to get the same vacation anyone else gets. Let's see this happen during one of the weeks th fluffs are there.
    Hear,Hear.. totally agree.. this is not bitching, this is constructive criticism that can be used to improve the situation for the hotel as well as the guests.

Timely information is a win-win for everyone.... this that too much to ask?

I have seen information elsewhere that suggests that due to a last minute cancellation by a large group, the decision was made to increase the scope of the work.

The scope of work was originally to be the main dining hall and stage area.
    Now the increase has left the majority of the prude topside inaccessible.

All these things add up and the little communication with guests only adds to the stress.

That is what lead to the inclusion of other areas into the work, such as the pool deck resurfacing

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast