Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction update

Boarding our plane now. Will update on our wonderful week "home" in the next couple of days. Already planning our next trip.

I was going to type up some long-ass contribution to the thread, but I realized that by now the lines are drawn, the trenches are dug, and no one is going to move any time soon.

I'll check in periodically to see the skirmishes, but more importantly hopefully see some more photos of the construction. Otherwise I will be over in the Boobs and Butts thread. Far too many beautiful women here to look at.

Peace and Love (and hopefully some détente)

Sam
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

[QUOTE=SamAndRose;229995]I was going to type up some long-ass contribution to the thread, but I realized that by now the lines are drawn, the trenches are dug, and no one is going to move any time soon.

So next the foundations are poured. The concrete sets, then the walls go up ....

This is the Construction thread? Right?

Yer, Let's all head to the Boobs and Butts and try to live longer by eyeballing boobs -- and other body parts. I gave up watching construction about the time I learned about boobs.

Both are fun

PNK
    Hedo Sept 10 - 17, 2015

I just hope the dining area and pool be completed by Thanksgiving week. Whoo Hoooo!!!!!
    Last edited by partyplayerdog; 08-22-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Hi Sunbabes
    Sorry haven't been on here in awhile. We have 21 people. How about you?
    Lyann and Roger
    www.h2happycampers.com
    August 29-September 6, 2015 - Hedo II !!!!!

Hi Lyann & Roger,

Please give us an update on the state of the resort when you arrive. What are the dates for your group this year? I'm arriving on the 10th.

Carter

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
    Hi Sunbabes
    Sorry haven't been on here in awhile. We have 21 people. How about you?

Hi Happy Campers, will miss you this year. I arrive on the 10th. Please post a construction update. The DIF is raging! Have a great week!
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

Good Morning, we left Home at 4:24 PM on Saturday Aug 22. So here is where they were then. As has been said the entire "Main Building" area is boarded off. However the Slide was used a couple times last week. Though just for a couple activities, not open for "General" use. The Dining Tent has 4 very big pedestal fans in it. Still gets warm, but was ok. There are 4 tables across by 6 rows deep of tables (96 seats) under the tent and on plywood. Plus another dozen or so out on sand. The better-half did get bites from some critter other than me, and we think in part that was from being on the sand in the evening. To be fair, summer is a time for sand fleas and we also spent a lot of time on the beach during the day. Traveling across the sand to the dining tent and to and from the washroom was not my wife's favourite part of the trip, what with sand always getting in her shoes, but it was not the worst thing either. The stage was made bigger last week for the evening shows. Entertainment staff still putting on some good stuff. The house band, which I really like were having some technical issues, I think with humidity in connections. But it was nothing major. Dining/Kitchen staff working very hard and generally meals worked out well. Pastafari was excellent, although the night we were there, very few tables were filled. The bill-o-fair at the Prude Grill (another Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner location) was really good. Courtyard is a bit of a lost zone. You can go there and sit, in fact they have added some really nice lamps up there since last November. But the construction wall has in my opinion reduced airflow in that zone, so it seems warmer, and the noise is obviously higher sitting right next to the work. Last week, the Hedo Wi-Fi hotspot was added to by including the dining tent area. Gift shop still open and giving 20% off every purchase. Dive Shop and Team are rocking and rolling, excellent as always. They are keeping the Prude Pool (by beach) extra clean, I think to attract extra usage. The nude pool was basically an oasis, from which all construction was pretty much unnoticeable. From a construction noise point of view. There were 3 Hand-held jack hammers, a larger air jack hammer and a chain saw motor driven saw of some sort in use during out week. The hand held jack hammers were going pretty much the whole time (they gave off a high frequency sound), the large jack hammer ran off and on (produced a low frequency sound) and the air compressor was parked somewhere out in the normal parking lot, so the sound of the motor running was not noticeable to me. The chainsaw did get your attention when it started up, however it seemed to me that they were basically holding off using it till they had a bunch of cuts to make and then would get them over quick and shut it down. Suspect it was used to cut/remove re-bar. All other construction noise was minimal. Oh, by the way, down on the Sandals side of the Prude Beach you can hear construction going on at Sandals. They are also doing major construction. I also took photos, however do not think they will add anything to the current discussion. The construction crew is working well into the evening, at which time the Band and disco really cover up the work sounds. So based on what I saw and think I know about the plans. I suspect that the folks who were there the week prior to us Aug 8-15, our week Aug 15-22 and the folks there right now Aug 22-29 will have the biggest potential impact on our holidays due to the demolition phase of the work. Oh, by the way they are already starting some of the build work. Someone mentioned a new cinderblock wall, it is the new back stage area for the Entertainment crew. Once they get fully into the build phase, I think sound levels will come way down. Please do keep in mind that most construction down there is cinder block and concrete, so hammer-drills will probably be needed to run wire/pipe through wall etc. So noise won't be gone. I think just much less, much less often. MGMT are offering a complimentary Catamaran Cruise every Tuesday and a Negril Shopping and Rick's Café Sunset on Thursday. We took the Catamaran Cruise and I liked that a lot. Staying in the realm of fact based only, that is all I can think of to report. I worked in multi-million dollar projects, so I have my own opinion about how challenging it can be and to what level the project time line is actually owned in real life, when you get to that size a deal. All I can say is that, for me, the pluses of being there last week significantly outweighed the minuses. Papa Smurf
    Last edited by Papa Smurf; 08-24-2015 at 06:53 AM.

Papa Smurf, thanks for taking the time to post a first-hand, objective report.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great report Papa Smurf... Thank you

Awesome update! Thanks for filling us in.
    Your friendly neighborhood ITGuy

Hedo virgin trip 8/1 through 8/8 2015
    Hedo 3/21-3/26 2016 YSW

Great to get some concrete, positive news right from the scene. Thank you.

Papa Smurf, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed update. We will be there in a couple of weeks, sounds like most of the demolition will be completed by that time. Hedo Soon Come!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Sounds like the neighbors over at "Library Beach" are trying to keep up with the Hedonists...........Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the update PapaSmurf. We will be there next week and post an update on the progess. Can't wait to get back home!
    Lyann and Roger
    www.h2happycampers.com
    August 29-September 6, 2015 - Hedo II !!!!!

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast