I tried...oh well...
    Your friendly neighborhood ITGuy

Hedo virgin trip 8/1 through 8/8 2015
    Hedo 3/21-3/26 2016 YSW

Quote Originally Posted by ITGuy View Post
    I tried...oh well...
    Well said.

And....

They wait who knows how long to return to the "resort".
    They endure travel hell.
    Then arrive and say, "Where is our pup tent and our daily ration of Alpo".

It is no wonder the new ownership does not respect their guests.
    I guess they do respect this type of S&M loyalty, though.

Quote Originally Posted by K&A View Post
    This is an increasingly negative thread

We need to be a bit more sensitive in our posts here I think. There is no point in setting up "pro" and "anti" camps, as this will just entrench positions and create a feeling of hostility among the guests, and the BEST thing about Hedo is the way we get along with each other. Lets remember that.
    I'm not a religious person, but Amen to this.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    I'm not a religious person, but Amen to this.
    In total agreement ... again.

There is the walking in others shoes thing....
    And, If you can't take the heat thing....

However ... there is the I've beat this thing to death, while taking a beating...

There have been so many others that the "pros" have beat up on.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoDave View Post
    This is a long way from Negril... most hurricanes that pass over the Antilles do not travel west over Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by JustSay View Post
    MaryW,

But essentially, we perceive the management does not appreciate our business nor our long term loyalty when these issues get in the way of our hard earned escape to their "resort". Our loyalty, like yours, is easily documented in their records.

As issues similar to ours continue to be reported, we are unable to endorse the "resort".
    And MY opinion is that they are doing what they can to keep us informed and to work with everyone and get through a difficult transition the best they can.

We have opposing opinions...that's ok!

It's just getting to be too much that people are repeating the same things over and over and getting upset because not everyone agrees with said opinions.

I agree with some of the others...keep this thread an update thread to share information. This board shouldn't be a source for complaints and arguing. There are other channels to use to file complaints. Let the rest of us decide if we are happy with or unhappy with the communication and compensation!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post
    And MY opinion is that they are doing what they can to keep us informed and to work with everyone and get through a difficult transition the best they can.

We have opposing opinions...that's ok!

It's just getting to be too much that people are repeating the same things over and over and getting upset because not everyone agrees with said opinions.

I agree with some of the others...keep this thread an update thread to share information. This board shouldn't be a source for complaints and arguing. There are other channels to use to file complaints. Let the rest of us decide if we are happy with or unhappy with the communication and compensation!

Agreed ... However you have neglected to complete your argument.

Where are the so called complaint channels you refer to?

I did not see any information on this site disallowing discussion of major or minor problems with any resort.

Here, it is referred to as the hospitality industry. I am getting the perception that we exist to serve the resort instead of vice versa.

Final note, where are Hedonism's postings informing and updating construction activities? No where near where you pay for your bookings. Are you not complicit in continuing this discussion?

Id like to make a motion...I move to limit debate, that this thread be used for what its title implies. Construction updates and construction updates only. Can i get a second?
    ...can we hear an amen and hallelujah? Praise the Hedo!

This thread has become repetitive. There are 2 clear camps with peeps divided on both sides and probably most squarely in the middle appreciating both. It matters not. If you like the place, you go. If you don't, you don't. It's not Guantanamo Bay though it's not that far and may not be a jail anymore. I feel bad for those who feel misled. I feel good for those who will enjoy the benefits from late October on. I don't believe there is any other resort in the world quite like H2. If we were booked this summer, we'd likely have a blast in spite of the issues but might whine a little between ourselves and hangovers. Business is business and everyone may take there's anywhere they'd like. Money is funny that way.
    Last edited by happy2us; 08-21-2015 at 06:49 PM.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Blog Entries
    Id like to make a motion...I move to limit debate, that this thread be used for what its title implies. Construction updates and construction updates only. Can i get a second?
    Naahhh, once an internet debate starts, you can't rein it in. Start another thread that is just for real construction updates and let people vent and argue in here.

I am enjoying the show here...

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

I think the Hedo management has been very clear during repeater parties and other conversations around the resort about their intentions, When we were there in May, Harry stated in the repeaters party the scope of the project, the timing, approximate costs etc. They purposely did it during the slower time of the year so that fewer guests were impacted. They had to keep the resort operating so there was some cash flow during the construction, they made that decision so they would no have to lay off all the employees while the resort was closed. (talk about people complaining). Some of the very people that complained the most about the condition of the resort are now complaining about a very short term inconvenience while it is updated, we can't have it both ways folks. I have spoken with several folks that have been there over the past several weeks, they say it is really no big deal, but mostly folks that haven't even been there during this time blowing things out of proportion. Peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Should one need to come to a travel review site for updates? Or, especially as a host, should there be routine Web based updates from management giving accomplished tasks, coming next, estimated completion, risks and mitigations, impact. ...

Maybe it's the project manager in me, but if I was out recruiting and marketing for hedo, and then working for them while there, I'd expect some open communication / transparency!

Ps....being around construction in my career, and having seen Jamaica construction in action, let's just hope no one gets hurt/killed (or burns the place down) trying to meet the incentive date. ..
    We should get together over dinner and share our construction stories in the Third World... like the guy hanging off the 13th storey of a hotel in Cairo to repair a sign, while standing in a paint bucket tied to a rope....

Quote Originally Posted by L&I View Post
    We should get together over dinner and share our construction stories in the Third World... like the guy hanging off the 13th storey of a hotel in Cairo to repair a sign, while standing in a paint bucket tied to a rope....
    I was at Hedo during the "waterslide shutdown of 2011" when they rebuilt the bridge..... it was .... scary. Your stories sound good too! Darwin award contestants!

I think we may cancel, I now heard that there is a rock, on the beach.
    It's out of control.

Jade_rock_on_the_beach.jpg

Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Horror of Horrors!!!!

Call out the National Guard.. er wait, no... call out the the Sex Police!!! (This is Hedo after all!!)

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast