Thread: A question answered comparing Fantasy vs. Hedonism resort vacations

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking A question answered comparing Fantasy vs. Hedonism resort vacations

Hi there....Here's a question I get asked frequently especially around the time of my Annual June Group Trip to Hedonism II resort in Negril, Jamaica or as Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida every October and this was posted to various Fantasy Fest websites and groups.

QUESTION:

How and why can I afford to go to Hedo in June when Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida every October is in Florida and within the USA?

ANSWER:

Let me say this while stating some facts, figures, and details so that you can draw your own conclusions.

I would say---- and many FantasyFesters in my group will confirm---- that Hedo is less expensive for a week vs. FF and offers both more freedom and more options for the travel dollar and time.

And let me add: " Either choice is the right one as both should be on everyone's travel bucketlist".

NOTE: I have been to Fantasy Fest 12 times since 1999 and Hedo 11 times since 2005 so feel I can also decide objectively.

The biggest cost for either trip are room rates and for the 10th Annual Hedo Group Trip trip next June nightly all-inclusive (room, food, drinks, tips, watersports, etc) rates start at US $159 per person, per night, double occupancy or $318 per room per night. Many rooms go more per night in Key West during FF week and do not include food (even a kitchen or even a refrigerator. For purposes of this post I will usean average $250 per night per room for FF.

One of the biggest factors to consider are the extras that Hedo offers within the room rate plus the convenience, peace of mind, etc.

Hedo's rate is all-inclusive with room, all food and snacks 24/7 (as much as you want) and all drinks, premium liquor, beer, wine, & sodas 24/7 (again, as much as you want), all taxes, fees, tips and gratuities, fitness center, nude beach, all entertainment, non-motorized watersports, 8 pools, 6 bars, piano bar, costumed theme nights, pool parties, disco, and all in a nude/clothing optional tropical resort setting with security and surrounded with like-minded people who seek fun, no hassles, etc. Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, drink when....well......whenever.

Key Wes for Fantasy Fest has seen a dramatic increase in room prices the past few years, Plus, food and drink purchases can easily add up daily for a couple to over $150-200 per day.

Here is a one (1) week comparison with a garden view regular room @ Hedo versus a standard hotel/B&B/guesthouse room in Key West:

Hedo room for 2: $2,226 total

FF room for 2: $1,977 (with a room for $250 per night plus resort fees, taxes, etc) of 13%

Hedo food/drink/snacks for 2: $0 for the week

FF food/drink/snacks for 2: $1,400 (with a limited minimum $100 per person per day basis @ $10 breakfast/$15 lunch/$25 dinner & $6 drinks x8)

Transportation to Hedo for 2: $600-1,000 (Airfare is usually about $300 roundtrip per person from Florida and $500 from most east coast cities)

Transportation to FF for 2: $500-800 (drive or fly from various USA airports) Rental cars are usually not used in Key West but if one is rented, it would average about $75/day or $400/week

Hedo room taxes, resort fees, tips for 2: $0

FF room taxes, resort fees, tips for 2: $210-350 (see above @ 13%

Totals;

Hedo approx. cost for 2 : US $3,226 for transportation & 100% resort

FF approx cost for 2: US $4,027 for transportation & room/food.etc

As for variables:

Hedo offers two complimentary daily snorkel and scuba boat trips offshore (clothing optional). It also offers twice weekly (for an extra cost-usually $50-70 per person) a nude catamaran cruise to Rick's Cafe and to the caves.

Once on Hedo property, there is never a need for any money unless you desire to use the Mahoe Spa services, purchase an off-property excursion, or buy something in the gift shop.

In Key West, some events and venues require additional cover charges, and very few places offer anything for free so a wallet or purse are necessary almost all the time,

There are also nude cruises from the Key West marina during the week and cost about $75-100 per person.

Hedo offers limited walking (even staggering distance back to your room---lol), music & activities, costumed theme nights, to keep you busy or not and nude/clothing free status 24/7. It is your choice to pick and choose what you do or not do at Hedo. No long lines, no big crowds, no fantasy zone required (it's all fantasy zone @ Hedo). Hedo does not have a parade unless it is a conga line at the main entertainment stage or nude pool however.

Fantasy Fest can sometimes require extensive walking, lots of music choices, and activities that are costumed themed, and limited nudity/clothing optional venues (private) although flashing & sexy/revealing costumes and dress can be found on the streets. FF does sometimes have lines and crowds to deal with (especially later in the week and parade night)

As said before, you should do both each year if possible but any decision you make is the right one.

Me? I have cut down to 3-4 nights early in the week at Fantasy Fest the past few years and extended my week at Hedo from 7-12 days.

This past June my 12 nights at Hedo cost about the same as what 7 nights in Key West would be.

Just some food for thought and I hope it helps answer this question.

Ann, The TravelSlut
    Email & IM: TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

Be sure to check out my various online sites for more information, photos, videos, trip reports, etc on both Hedo and Fantasy Fest:

www.youtube.com/user/TheTravelSlut/videos
    (1,000 followers, 850,000+ views)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Krewed...ifers4Hedonism
    (with 2,600+ members & 2,900+ photos

and

www.flickr.com/groups/hedonismresortgrouptrip
    (with 6,200+ members & 3,100+ photos).

www.flickr.com/groups/fantasyfesters
    (30 million total Flickr views of all 9,000+ photos/videos

http://twitter.com/TheTravelSlut
    (5,700+ tweets and 2,700+ photos/videos)

See you at Fantasy Fest or come join me & our Krewe at Hedo June 18-25, 2016 (open to all adults)?
    Last edited by The Travel Slut; 08-11-2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: catamaran trip $

Good comparison Ann, definitely proves the value of all inclusive. Just thought I'd point out that the catamaran cruises are an extra cost ($55 pp), of course you know that but people who have never been might be left with the impression they are included.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 08-11-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Excellent post Travel Slut !!! Just wanted to add that the nude catermaran cruise at Hedo cost us $45. each and we got a discount and were only charged $30 each for our second trip the next Thursday at 3 pm. Last year when there was rain and low occupancy Harry, the owner, treated everyone that showed up to a free nude cruise; it is not advertised just a word-of -mouth kind of thing !!
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good points....thank you both....I just edited the post to reflect the catamaran costs.

And yes, there was an unannounced free catamaran trip offered to guests the 1st Saturday I was there in June---it was a very nice treat and I believe that since Harry was in residence that he arranged it.
    Last edited by The Travel Slut; 08-11-2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: clarification