Thread: Why are we so shy when we fly north of the Canadian Border?

Smile Why are we so shy when we fly north of the Canadian Border?

Good Morning, I have a question to ask the members of this forum, particularly the ladies, and especially the Canadian ladies. But first I think it is proper to identify who is asking for your opinion. I and my wife have been married for more than 35 years. We have been to Hedo twice last year. The first trip my wife was unsure about Hedo and the second trip was predominately her idea. She likes Hedo because it is a very non-judgmental resort. We have traveled into the Caribbean at least once a year for 20 years. I prefer her on the beach topless and while she says she is comfortable doing it, she has many criteria that have to be met on any given occasion to get her to that point of comfort. The criteria can change based on the day and location. In short, she is not a leader, she has to have a critical mass of other ladies being topless, alone with whatever other criteria is in play on that day to drop the top.
    Now I was surprised how many Canadians were on this forum. Probably should not have been, but I was. And while I know that Canadians are only a percentage of the Hedo family and only a fraction of Canadians goes to Hedo, I also know that many Canadian women chose to uncover when in the south.
    I have also developed a perception that the ladies on this forum are generally more self confident and determined to do what they want to do. More open-minded etc., so thought that a thoughtful discussion here might help, at least for me, to clarify what the drivers were around why, we need to fly for 4 to 5 hours to change our approach to life.
    So,,, here is my question. What happens that makes Canadian women comfortable to only go topless when not in Canada? In Ontario it is legal. Been so for a number of years. However, you generally don't see it on public beaches. I have read that there are some places, if you are willing to hike off the beaten track and trade security for some freedom. However, it has not really caught on in general.
    Anyway, would like to thank you in advance for your opinion and input.

Some people feel more relaxed on vacation ?

Doesn't apply to us, we get naked here at home at Hanlan's point or at Oasis etc.
    Last edited by cands; 07-08-2015 at 09:05 AM.

The further away from home, the less likely you are to be recognized. After all, I am from Canada, surely I know Joe from Toronto...

And I agree with CandS - being more relaxed on vacation definitely helps.
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Even though it might be legal to be topless unfortunately it's still not socially acceptable on a regular beach here in North America. I wouldn't push her outside her comfort zone or she may pull back and not want to do it at all. There's a great deal of comfort in being around other naked people and seems that she needs that to get in the zone. If you're close to a recognized nude beach then that's the place to make it happen, not a regular beach IMHO. If you're in the Toronto area Hanlans Point is a great choice. Here in Winnipeg we have Patricia Beach about 45 mins north of the city on Lake Winnipeg, and it's a beautiful spot.

Hedo is a very empowering place for women, things will happen there that somebody would never do closer to home. The sexual vibe and energy just encourage that. It's hard to get the same vibe elsewhere.

Thank you for the responses so far. We were at Hanlan's Point in the summer of 2001. At the time there were few couples and she has not wanted to go back since. I have never heard of Oasis. Please don't worry about me pushing her outside her comfort zone. After this many years I've learned to save my energy. I am just attempting to see what motivates others. "She who must be obeyed", is very shy and I was wondering what other ladies thought.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAndRose View Post
    The further away from home, the less likely you are to be recognized. After all, I am from Canada, surely I know Joe from Toronto...

And I agree with CandS - being more relaxed on vacation definitely helps.
    We met someone who lived in our small southern hometown last year at the nude pool.They live in Atlanta now.I hope what happens at Hedo stays at Hedo......

Definitely being away from home, and the people that might recognize her (not Canadian, but still have the same issue). She loves to drop the top, and will drop the bottoms on the right occasion if it's acceptable where we are, and we won't see anyone from home.

Cdn_Cpl, a few years back I used to go to Winnipeg occasionally for work and also had the great pleasure of working virtually with a group of people who were based there. Winnipeg is a great city.

Thanks Papa Smurf, come visit us again and check out our nude beach!

Cause it is warmer lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

agree cands, get naked all the time at cottage and at oasis

Because it's illegal ,and everyone knows everyone where I'm from,so it's nice to keep some sort of normality ,,and it's a most comfort zone in Caribbean,most everyone does it ,,and our nipples would likely freeze off also where I'm from most days lol ,