Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scuba diving at Hedo

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    The catamaran snorkel cruise was US$55 per person and those that did it really seemed to enjoy it.

The Hedo-based snorkel and dive boat trips are all complimentary.
    OK, that's what i thought! would be very disappointing for that to change.

I'm wondering how many dirty bananas Kem Memphis had, and who took his money!! LOL

Mrs. Screech and I are both open water divers (me PADI and her ACUC). We brought our certification cards each trip, but have yet to actually take advantage of the free dives. We plan on doing so at least once this time.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

I usually go e ery year around feb fluff week. Water temp has never been colder than 82. Tshirt and bathing suit is fine. All gear is included. They have a rack of wet suits if you need it. If you want just bring a skin from home. It enough to keep the no sea ums at bay

Can I ask what some of the details are please? This will be our first trip to Hedo, we are going this year around Thanksgiving. Didnt realize they offered dives there. Water will still be warm? I'm PADI and nitrox certifed. Is Nitrox available? And you book this through the Hedo resort? And the boat leaves Hedo at different times and is a 1 tank dive ? How are the sights and water? Sorry for so many questions... I was always told to skip diving at Jamaica when I was on cruises. I feel cheated now, lol .
    Either Desire or Hedo .. November 21-25, 2015 . Help us choose!!!!

no Nitrox, lol

1 tank, 30 minutes max or when the fast suckers empty their thanks which ever come first.
    you just walk up to the sport shop with your card and voila! if you ahve not do any diving in a while, they'll probably ask for a quick pool dive refresher, free.
    water does nto change, 84F year around -+- a few degrees water is clear 30 feet or so on a normal day... after storms you can sometime get 20 feet of shit at the top before you get to the bottom so clear but no sun light get's through.

2 dive outthings a day, all within 10 to 15 minutes boat ride

you see a fair bit of fish, loads of lion fish, crabs, lobsters, they have a small plane to visit, a couple tunels, fun holiday type diving

Big chance we're going back 2016 February more diving...

cheers
    KM

I have been down to 102 feet chasing and taking video of a turtle and it was only a couple degrees difference in water temperature than the surface.
    (This was back in the day when the dive master at H3 new me and I went on the deep dives, now with open water at H2 I can only do the 11:30 shallow dives, lol)
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thanks. Last 2 questions. Did yall bring any of your own equipment or did you get everything from them? And is the wife allowed to come along on the boat even though she isnt certified?
    Either Desire or Hedo .. November 21-25, 2015 . Help us choose!!!!

Sam bought his own mask and snorkel. He also brought a 0.5 mm suit more to keep him from getting scratched by coral than for warmth. Everything else he used from the resort. I think that if there is space then passengers could be allowed. But on some weeks and on the late (shallow dive) I have seen the boat be full of divers so therefore no passengers. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

I never went on the boat because when he was diving I was working on my tan on a floaty off the nude beach.
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Hi, Last time I went down to Hedo, I used their equipment except Mask/Fins and Dive Computer. I was a little surprised that they did not "soak" Regs in some kind of disinfectant, between dives. They were just piled at front of boat. All worked really well and the BCD's were in excellent shape. However, thought it would be safer if the Regs were soaked in even Sea Water. Anyway, on return bought a Reg and BCD and will bring that down in the future. Dive team did an excellent job.

(hubby here for a change) I always use my own reg and mask. Reg because I know it's safe. Mask because I know if fits. Everything is pretty much inter-changable for basic rec diving. Computer is tiny and easy to bring of course.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12