Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba diving at Hedo

Scuba diving at Hedo

Do any of you fine folks take advantage of the scuba at Hedo?

I have been a diver for forever, but K is new to it so we didn't do any diving last visit.

I have a load of questions here, please don't feel like you have to answer them all!

I have arranged for K to get some PADI training before our October trip, and I would love to know if the Hedo dive club can do the open water dives that are necessary to finish her training, or should I get them done before we arrive?
    Also, would there be a charge for that? (I am guessing yes)
    What (if any) other charges are there?
    What times does the dive boat usually set out?
    Do we need to sign up in advance?
    Is anyone else travelling at the same time also interested in some (non-muff) diving?

Also, any other info would be great if you can think of anything!

Thanks in advance!
    First trip to Hedonism II: 2nd July to 9th July 2014

Second trip to Hedonism II: 2nd October to 11th October 2015

Next trip to Hedonism II: 18th March to 28th March 2016

yes, three years in a row, we have been diving 8 to 9 dive per week... great team, the master is a chilled kind of guy but keep things organized.

we did some spear fishing last year.

yes they can do the open water training, yes there will be charges for that, don't know how much, but I think around $400 which is the norm on the island.
    if you have your open water, they charge small amount for wet suit, mask, snorkle and fins... don't know how much... we bring our own wet suits, masks and snorkles
    leaves around 8:30/9am, back by 10:30am ish for the deeper dive, back out around 11:30am return 12:45 ish for the 40 foot dives
    yes you need to sign up once you get to the resort, one of you should run to the dive shack and sign up for the next day needs 24 hours after you land...they close around 3 or 4pm

lots of fish, lobsters, crabs, lion fish, some rays, squids,

usually I give the team a $20 at the end of the week to buy beer for the guys, and we always bring a gift for the master captain!

cheers
    KM

That's awesome thanks a lot!
    First trip to Hedonism II: 2nd July to 9th July 2014

Second trip to Hedonism II: 2nd October to 11th October 2015

Next trip to Hedonism II: 18th March to 28th March 2016

We have been diving there for the last 5 years ! ! We did our advanced PADI with them and they were excellent. Very well organized and safety is important. Our suggestion would be to do all the book work before the trip and only the dives there. You don't want to waste time from the pool and other activities ! ! ! There will be a charge for the Open water and you will need to sign up the first day you get there. Make sure you have the paper work from the book part to show that it has been completed.

I've never been charged to dive or for any "gear" - is that new??

We have both taken advantage of the diving the last two years while there. The first year I dove 2 dives almost every day while the little mrs. did a resort course and once she determined she enjoyed it she did her open water certification. The resort course was something like $80 if I remember right. The certification was around $275. NOW I will stress just like previous poster have that if you really want to do the certification do all you book work and pool work at home and get a paper signed and do your check out dives there. The staff is very qualified and organized. As was stated before the first dive is at 9:30 which is the Deep dive and you need to have your advanced open water to go on that one. The second one leaves at 11:30 for all open water divers. There are no charges to go on the dives or for equipment use. You do need to sign up in advance too go out. It is recommended that once you get there to take your certification cards or paperwork and go to the dive shack and sign up. NOW as a little hint I have found that a bag full of Jolly Ranchers are very appreciated on the dive boat for after the dive. Helps get rid of that cotton mouth and make friends as well as the dive/boat staff appreciate them too. Any questions feel free to ask
    H2 3/29-4/6/14 first trip Virgins no more
    H2 4/25 - 5/3 15
    H2 4/30-5/8 16
    H2 4/29-5/7 17
    H2 4/28-5/5/18
    H2 4/27-5/4 19
    FUCK YOU RONA 20
    H2 4/10-4/19 21
    H2 4/9-4/16 22
    Hedo 4/15/ 23 - 4/22/23

no, I have never been charged either but I heard them saying they would rent wetsuits... maybe I was drunk, I'm a light drinker lol

Quote Originally Posted by kmlovepleasure View Post
    no, I have never been charged either but I heard them saying they would rent wetsuits... maybe I was drunk, I'm a light drinker lol
    oh my!
    Nothing would kill my sexy hedo mojo faster than trying to squeeze my fat ass into a wet suit!!

Maybe a wet suit, but nothing else costs. (BCD, tanks, snorkel, mask, fins....)

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a FYI,
    I have been snorkeling from Hedonism the past week and the dive boat has been packed... so some guests have either been reduced to 1 dive a day.

My suggestion is to get to the watersports check in desk early before the 1st dive.......

Quote Originally Posted by biking View Post
    We have been diving there for the last 5 years ! ! We did our advanced PADI with them and they were excellent. Very well organized and safety is important. Our suggestion would be to do all the book work before the trip and only the dives there. You don't want to waste time from the pool and other activities ! ! ! There will be a charge for the Open water and you will need to sign up the first day you get there. Make sure you have the paper work from the book part to show that it has been completed.
    Great, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    Just a FYI,
    I have been snorkeling from Hedonism the past week and the dive boat has been packed... so some guests have either been reduced to 1 dive a day.

My suggestion is to get to the watersports check in desk early before the 1st dive.......
    You actually need to sign up for dives days in advance during busy weeks. Go as soon as you get there, with your card!, and sign up for the duration of your trip.
    You are limited to one dive a day -- but many of the deep divers will hop on the 11:30 boat if there is room.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    I've never been charged to dive or for any "gear" - is that new??
    This June they were charging to you if you wanted to snorkel. I think it was 50 or 75 per person. The best I can remember thru the fog of dirty banana's!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    This June they were charging to you if you wanted to snorkel. I think it was 50 or 75 per person. The best I can remember thru the fog of dirty banana's!
    that sounds like the catamaran cruise, which includes snorkeling...
    I really don't think they charge for either.

I just was on their FB page and there happened to be a post about diving and as of June is was no cost.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The catamaran snorkel cruise was US$55 per person and those that did it really seemed to enjoy it.

The Hedo-based snorkel and dive boat trips are all complimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    The catamaran snorkel cruise was US$55 per person and those that did it really seemed to enjoy it.

The Hedo-based snorkel and dive boat trips are all complimentary.
    This is true. We did the Hedo based snorkeling for free numerous times.
    Coming back to paradise for our 7th visit
    H2 2018 6/11-6/28

http://www.adulttravelforum.com/forums/image.php?u=13923&type=sigpic&dateline=1405126528

Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast