Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beaded Name Necklaces

Beaded Name Necklaces

Throughout reading numerous threads, I've come across a lot of people refer to their beaded name necklaces. Are these common at adult resorts? Is this just a way of being friendly and showing that you're open to conversation or is there more implied behind the necklaces? I think it's a great idea and would love to get one but I didn't want to erroneously imply that I was into this or that if that's what they are meant for. Thanks!!

Generally, the name necklace is just an icebreaker and an easy way to remember new friends at the resort. However, there are some groups/events where a name necklace can mean more. For instance, I believe with the Young Swingers group (and I may have this confused with another group), a necklace with green beads with your name means you're curious, while one with red beads means you're swingers open to full swap (situationally). Just the name means you're friendly, nothing more. Funny, but on our first trip to Hedo we had red beads alongside our names, not knowing what that could mean to the right group.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there... I give all the Krewe de Krazy Life guests at Hedo a beaded name necklace with their choice of name or nickname and nothing else implied--just a way tpo recognize other group members.

I also give them a corded wrist band with an official Krewe de Krazy Life medallion to wear plus stick on tattoos for the Krewe.

I have seen where different colored wristbands have meant something but that was several years ago.

Playful Pussycats do name necklaces as an icebreaker so people can try to remember names. No hidden meaning. It really helps especially when you are meeting so many people while cocktailing.

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

We were handed name necklaces by a group operator (I think it was Char travel) years ago, at Desire. Great idea. Since then we have made our own. That's easy.

Head to Walmart (or your local craft store) and pick up a bag of alphabet beads. They come in small and larger sizes. The small ones can be too small. Also pick up a length of the hemp strings (usually found right next to the beads). I make my necklaces so they can be tightened up, but still fit over my head.

We ALWAYS wear our names when in naked company. It gives people a starting point for a conversation and distracts people from focusing on K's eyes, boobs etc. (LOL).

Some groups color code the add-on beads to indicate a person's 'peculiarities' : necrophilia, soft swing, anal, bi- etc. So you can create your own color codes. People will then have to ask you what the code means -- nobody ever carries the cheat sheet of codes. Instant conversation, Instant name recognition.

Leave any unused beads with the basket weavers on the prude beach. They will be so pleased and thankful

PNK

Hedo Sept 11 - 17, 2015

We travelled with Young Swingers Week this March and they did have Color coded necklaces. Newfie Screech is correct that green was "open minded" or curious and red was intended for "full swap situational". We however saw people from other groups with all kinds of necklaces. Even though we are in the lifestyle, we wore green, and met some people with red who don't swing at all. It's the beautiful thing about Hedo, any excuse for conversation is a good one and no one assumes anything. My advice is that if you are not in a group that gives you a necklace, make your own and create your own color scheme...maybe yellow means that you like people to bring you dirty monkeys in the nude pool.

That's a great conversation opener, and a way to get drinks!

Beads

Some friends made up these beads for us. It is what we will be wearing. Not sure what you can deduce from the colors, so you'll have to say hi and ask. We went with Jamican color scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Racers; 06-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Registered User Curious_couple4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racers View Post
    Some friends made up these beads for us. It is what we will be wearing. Not sure what you can deduce from the colors, so you'll have to say hi and ask. We went with Jamican color scheme.
    Those are cool!
    Temptation Resort 5/21 - 5/25/2016
    Desire 5/25 - 5/31/2016
    Hedo II 9/5 - 9/13/2015

As a group host, we did beaded necklaces in Jamaican colors just so we knew who we were talking to since most of them we had just met. I am not sure what other groups do and what the "meaning" is, but ours are just basically "Hello My Name is..." tags.

However, that being said, most of the beads we used this last time started to get "sticky" when sunscreen is used so I will be attempting to find different ones that will hold up better than the plastic ones I purchased.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Racers View Post
    Those are really cool!

Going to see if I can make something similar
    First trip to Hedonism II: 2nd July to 9th July 2014

Second trip to Hedonism II: 2nd October to 11th October 2015

Next trip to Hedonism II: 18th March to 28th March 2016

We too are making beaded necklaces for all of those in our Vibe Invasion group... No significance in any colors etc, other than, "Hi, my name is..." Sometimes alcohol causes me to easily forget names!!
    "It was just TOO much FUN!...So, Let's Do it All Over Again!!"

This is the most awesome group of crazy a$$, FUN, Sexy Southerners (& friends from all over) who knows NO strangers!!... We KNOW what southern hospitality is all about!  ... We are all ages & all sizes! Come join our fun!

[SIZE=2]September 30 - October 7, 2017

Wildwomenvacations.com

Blog Entries
    The beaded name necklaces started a few years ago...now many Travel groups and Travel agents (like Tom's Trips) pass them out to their members /customers upon arrival at Hedo. Like others have stated, it is an icebreaker and only first names or nicknames (no last names) are used. Because everyone is nude and swimming, it is impractical to use other types of name tags. Plus, alcohol consumption in the tropical sun makes vacationers forgetful, so name tags avoid the embarrassment of repeatedly asking other people's names.

Thank you everyone for your comments! We went and bought supplies yesterday and ITGuy was able to make us up some simple name necklaces. So excited!!! Only 33 more day!!

When we went to a Resort in DR a few years ago, it was raining, and they had bead kits. We made up all sorts of neckaces. What people came up was entertaining.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast