Thread: Club Mobay

Club Mobay

I promise ill stop asking newbie questions soon. Anyone ever used the Club Mobay at the MBJ airport? Wondering if it was worth the 30 bucks on the way home?

We did arrival and departure. Both were worth it to us. On departure we liked relaxing in the lounge with lite food and drinks plus clean restroom. As an added bonus we were with plenty of hedonites to include Harry and Winston.

We did it on departure last year and it was great. Faster security screening/customs, food, drinks, wifi - very much worth it!

We are doing it for arrival this year as well. Time saving on that end is more of a gamble. If there aren't many flights arriving near the time you are it may not be worth the $50pp. You can get a feel for that in the weeks leading up to your trip. On the same day of the week you arrive a few weeks before your trip, check the MBJ arrival list. You can see how many flights are arriving within an hour or two of yours. That is at:
    http://www.mbjairport.com/arrivals

Hope that helps
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

Thats exactly the type of information we were looking for, thank you!

Our flight gets in 11:30am-ish and it looks like a bunch of inbound US flights also arrive then...

What are the lines like at immigration usually?

Quite tempted to do this for arrival at the least...

We are doing it on our arrival this time, in march it was madding in customs over a hour, the line was up the ramp. So to be met and walked through that mess will be nice, we always buy drinks to wait for the bus so to have a drink and a meat pie! A plus. Now in the way back I have never had a long customs line and we always hang out in the sports bar and do last minute shopping so not sure if it's worth it for us for the return

Its the only way in our opinion, nothing worst than beginning a vacation in a line and after Hedo who wants to stand in the line well worth the cost.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Did it for the first time this past April.It will be on our agenda for arrivals from now on.I don't care about the line to leave so much.I just hope Delta will not overbook again like they did on our last departure.People got "antsy"!

We've done it a couple time on the way home and its great especially if the airport is really busy. We now wait until we get to the airport to decide to purchase club MoBay or not and it depends on how long you have in the airport because if you don't have but a short time in the airport you won't get to take advantage of the amenities. This is all on the return trip. On the way in we opt to get as early a flight in as possible to avoid the crowds and we get a hopper plane and get to the resort in 15 mins and we feel our money is best spent that way instead of club MoBay

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Club Mobay sounds like something I would like to try. I have always did the people watch thing in the wait lines......
    .. Dick Singlecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

We did Club Mobay for both arrival and departure for our trip. I think it really comes down to what day and time you arrive or depart. If you are hitting peak times like late saturday morning and afternoon I think it is well worth it, mandatory for me as I am not exactly the most patient person. We arrived early on a Saturday morning and the airport was practically empty so we flew through customs in under 10 minutes. At that point all i wanted to do was get through customs, get our luggage and get to hedonism as fast as possible, so the lounge area was of no appeal to me. On the way back home, however, you will arrive to the airport well in advance of your flight and that is where the lounge area pays off for me. Included in the price is drinks and food and there is comfortable seating to wait for your flight time. It was a very relaxing way to wind down from a week of fun.
    One thing to be aware of is they can sell out so if you are hoping to make the decision to buy when you get there you may be out of luck. We departed on a very busy Saturday afternoon and by busy I mean it was a madhouse, lines out of the airport. Club Mobay was totally sold out and those who didn't have tickets already had to wait in some serious lines while my wife and I sat in the lounge and drank rum punch. Hope that helps you make your decision.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

I was just going to note the same! Very busy return trip and the lady behind me was lamenting not being able to purchase club mobay. I always splurge now. I'm not patient, my trips are usually on the shorter side, and I can afford the splurge.