Thread: Mid 30's, totally new and need advice

Exclamation Mid 30's, totally new and need advice

Hello!

My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and we're in need of advice!
    We have a 6 year old son and when we leave him, we like to steer clear of children (aka: guilt for leaving him.)
    While searching online for "couples only" resorts, we came across one of the desire resorts. Holy shit. I never knew anything like this existed. Well, I take that back. I remember while on vacation in Jamaica with my ultra conservative parents...they made various comments about a resort called Hedonism and how utterly nasty it was. Well. Fast forward 15 years, and their little girl is super interested in learning more about it.
    My husband and I have a very healthy sex life... But in the last 3 days while searching for more info on this topic...we've had sex 3 days in a row. I can't say that's happened since we were on vacation last year.

So...here's my dilemma... We've been fortunate enough to have visited some very amazing beaches. We went to Tahiti and stayed in an over water bungalow for our honeymoon. We'll never be able to top that...so we were looking in to some of our favorite beaches...and Mexico has some of the best...

I absolutely love the idea of going topless. I even like the idea of the whole exibitionist thing. It makes me horny just thinking about it. BUT...we're not sure about the whole "totally nude" thing. And...we're not down with the whole swinging thing. We're also not really big on partying and being super social with strangers...unless we're very drunk...which I'm afraid will lead to decisions made in the heat of the moment...which will lead to things that can never be erased from our memories...which leads to us taking a totally beautiful and healthy marriage and turning it in to something I'm totally afraid to even imagine.

I'm gonna say something right now bc I have the gift of anninimity...but I hope I don't offend anyone...
    I'm afraid we'll book somewhere hoping for a little sexy fun...and end up finding a bunch of 55+ that are trying to revive their sex lives or 22+ strippers built like brick shit houses looking to show off their bodies while partying it up. I'm scared it's going to feel too desperate and too skanky. I'm also scared I'd like it

We're looking to book for this June (2015) so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Linz81 View Post
    Hello!

My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and we're in need of advice!
    We have a 6 year old son and when we leave him, we like to steer clear of children (aka: guilt for leaving him.)
    While searching online for "couples only" resorts, we came across one of the desire resorts. Holy shit. I never knew anything like this existed. Well, I take that back. I remember while on vacation in Jamaica with my ultra conservative parents...they made various comments about a resort called Hedonism and how utterly nasty it was. Well. Fast forward 15 years, and their little girl is super interested in learning more about it.
    My husband and I have a very healthy sex life... But in the last 3 days while searching for more info on this topic...we've had sex 3 days in a row. I can't say that's happened since we were on vacation last year.

So...here's my dilemma... We've been fortunate enough to have visited some very amazing beaches. We went to Tahiti and stayed in an over water bungalow for our honeymoon. We'll never be able to top that...so we were looking in to some of our favorite beaches...and Mexico has some of the best...

I absolutely love the idea of going topless. I even like the idea of the whole exibitionist thing. It makes me horny just thinking about it. BUT...we're not sure about the whole "totally nude" thing. And...we're not down with the whole swinging thing. We're also not really big on partying and being super social with strangers...unless we're very drunk...which I'm afraid will lead to decisions made in the heat of the moment...which will lead to things that can never be erased from our memories...which leads to us taking a totally beautiful and healthy marriage and turning it in to something I'm totally afraid to even imagine.

I'm gonna say something right now bc I have the gift of anninimity...but I hope I don't offend anyone...
    I'm afraid we'll book somewhere hoping for a little sexy fun...and end up finding a bunch of 55+ that are trying to revive their sex lives or 22+ strippers built like brick shit houses looking to show off their bodies while partying it up. I'm scared it's going to feel too desperate and too skanky. I'm also scared I'd like it

We're looking to book for this June (2015) so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I say come on!! Great groups the month of June! We are part of SexGames. Also great groups include the Hedo Rockers & the Krazy Krew! This is our 4th year in a row. It's a great experience, that will have you coming back for more! We are also a mid 30 's/ 40 couple

Hi Linz81. If you are on this site, I assume you have been doing some reading about Hedo. There is lots of good info here, and if you have any specific questions, people are willing to give honest answers. My wife and I are leaving this week for our 9th trip in the last 5 years. Every time we have been to Hedo, we have had a great time and met a bunch of awesome people. It is hard to understand how wonderful the people are who go there, but as they say, once you go, you know. We have meet folks from all over the world, young and old, from all walks of life, and we have enjoyed meeting all of them. One of the greatest things about Hedo is you can make it what you want. Socialize and party all week or just hang out by yourselves. Go to the clothing optional beach to relax and read and be with each other, or head to the nude pool and meet people and join the party. Don't sweat the nudity thing. After the first 10 minutes of terror, you will quickly realize that being nude on the beach is so totally freeing and comfortable, nobody is staring at you, people are relaxed and comfortable in their own skin, and it is a no-judgment zone. If you go to the Hedo 2 website and click on "Events" you will see the groups scheduled to be there during various weeks. You may have the best time going with a group, as they often have events where you meet each other, and you will automatically have friends. However, none of them will put any pressure on you do to anything you are not comfortable with, so don't worry about that. The two main rules at Hedo are "Respect" and "No means no." On the other hand, there are opportunities to satisfy all your fantasies. So, go and have the best vacation of your life. And plan to make reservations for you next trip to Hedo as soon as you get home. Cheers!

"I'm gonna say something right now bc I have the gift of anninimity...but I hope I don't offend anyone...
    I'm afraid we'll book somewhere hoping for a little sexy fun...and end up finding a bunch of 55+ that are trying to revive their sex lives or 22+ strippers built like brick shit houses looking to show off their bodies while partying it up. I'm scared it's going to feel too desperate and too skanky. I'm also scared I'd like it "

I'm sorry but your ageism is showing. What makes you think the 55+ are reviving their sex lives -- we never lost it! And the 22 year old strippers are too busy trying to make money to 'give it away for free' by showing their stuff.

If you are worried you can't keep up with us, then that's a problem that only you two can resolve. However, if you want to be topless or naked and explore your own sense of freedom, they risk a week at an adults 0only resort and see if you can 'make it'. Everyone on this site (young, old, married, single etc. etc.) has made it. And we keep returning for more.

Dump the per-conceived assumptions. Read this site. Book. Enjoy (we all do!)

PNK

Hello!

Hedo in a nutshell: the idea is to be yourself (and open minded) knowing that people won't judge you. If you feel bad being around people older than 55, just don't go, but you will be missing something.

Not afraid of 55+...just really have no idea what the average age is that visit these resorts... Sorry
    Why does everyone love Hedo ll? I've read through some of the threads comparing Hedo l and Hedo ll, and I understand the difference in quality... but why (in your opinion) is it so much better than Desire or Temptation or any of the others??
    In order to purchase a day pass at Hedo ll, do we have to be staying in another hotel that is affiliated with Hedo ll?
    Are we able to take the booze cruise if we're not staying in the hotel?
    Sorry for all the questions... I just can't seem to find the help I need...
    Are there any travel agencies that you recommend over others to help us book an adults only trip?

Sent you a PM. Look at the top right of the page under notifications.

You will find people at Hedo from 18 to 70+ and everyone parties together. There is no Hedo I resort. There used to be a Hedo III. Hedo I is what is within you. IMHO, Hedo is better than Desire (Yes we have been there) because of the people that go there. It is the guests that make Hedo what it is. You can buy a day pass no matter where you are staying. There are no other hotels that are associated with Hedo II. The catamaran cruise that departs from Hedo is marketed and sold to Hedo guests only. If you buy a day pass, you can pay to get on the catamaran cruise. It is not included with the Hedo price.

Not afraid of 55+...just really have no idea what the average age is that visit these resorts... Sorry
    Why does everyone love Hedo ll? I've read through some of the threads comparing Hedo l and Hedo ll, and I understand the difference in quality... but why (in your opinion) is it so much better than Desire or Temptation or any of the others??
    In order to purchase a day pass at Hedo ll, do we have to be staying in another hotel that is affiliated with Hedo ll?
    Are we able to take the booze cruise if we're not staying in the hotel?
    Sorry for all the questions... I just can't seem to find the help I need...
    Are there any travel agencies that you recommend over others to help us book an adults only trip?
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Chances are you will find other couples closer to your age bracket to hang with.Once you get there you might be surprised that the
    "age thing" is not quite what you thought it would be.I say this because we had some "thirty somethings" in our group this year and they are booking for next year with us so apparently it's all good.You will find that the "mental age" of most of the guests is probably about 32 only some of us just happened to wake up in a Much older body than our mind did!

PM sent

We're also not really big on partying and being super social with strangers...

Uh, that right there SCREAMS to me that hedo is NOT for you. Assuming you could get past your concerns about being nude. And your concerns about age.
    Hedo is ALL ABOUT being social with strangers. I mean, you could stay to yourself. But then why go to Hedo? There are other resorts you can take your top off at....

phillygirl is 100 percent right the best part of hedo is meeting new people it gives you new perspective on the world we live in

I'm also scared I'd like it
    Ok, that sentence is the heart of why you posted and the real question you'd like to resolve. Only you can answer that question with an honest conversation with your partner. Yes, of course you'd have a blast. You can create any memories you want and participate or watch in anything you'd like. Or hang at the quiet side of the beach. But you don't need us to convince you, you already want to go to Hedo. We'd guess if you suggest it to your other half, he'd jump at it. It's not if, it's when.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip