Thread: 1rst Time To Jamaica Question

1rst Time To Jamaica Question

I was wondering if any of you aficionados can tell me how long we can usually expect the lines for customs and immigration to be at Montego Bay?

Second, has anyone tried the expedited service offered my Club Mobay at the airport? Their add states that they help you bypass the lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We will be at Couples Sans Souci for the first week of May. Say Hi! Drinks are on me.

Thanks
    PO
    I've got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today. Life is good today. - Zac Brown Band

Immigration line length varies from walk right up to the longest we've ever waited recently is about 20 minutes. Others cite longer...it's a total crap shoot that depends on many variables. Club Mo'Bay arrival service is akin to insurance against long lines at immigration. You go right to an expedited line when you deplane. We did this last visit to JA and total wait time was maybe 10 minutes and the line was very, very long at that time. Lines at customs are always very short...Club Mo'Bay arrival service doesn't save any appreciable time for customs.

We went in late Feb arriving around 1pm on a Saturday and basically walked right through customs. Would've been very disappointing to have purchased the Club Mo'Bay package on that day. We experienced basically the same thing when leaving the following week. I personally wouldn't waste my money on this and instead use it for a private transfer rather than a bus.

We arrived at MBJ on Saturday, March 14th at 1 p.m. and were SOOOOO glad we had booked Club MoBay (the first time we had done so). In our past 13 trips, wait times had varied from 10 minutes to 2 hours. This year, other people who arrived when we did waited 3 hours!!! We, however, sailed right through BOTH Immigrations and Customs in no time, as Club MoBay had special expedited lines for both. In addition, the airline lost the bag of one of our party, and we saved additional tons of time because the Club MoBay person knew just where to go to fill out the forms, etc. (the bag was eventually delivered to Hedo). And it's nice to get a cold drink or beer and some finger food while the Club MoBay person goes outside and finds your driver. Very very definitely worth the expense this trip.

The airport has a web site that shows when they have arriving flights (www.mbjairport.com/arrivals). I would recommend you go there and see how many other flights arrive around the same time as you, and if it's a busy time, Club MoBay is well worth it.

Did it on our last trip, and it was one of the best investments we have made. Like everyone has said, it takes about 10 minutes to get through. The line we bypassed was at least 3 hours long. Someone in the line wanted to buy the service from a lady right behind us, and offered her twice what she paid.

we have used it.....worth the money....especially when arriving on a weekend....
    Hedo virgins no more -August 3-10 2014

March 2015
    August 8 - 18 2015
    March 2-9 2016
    July 4th week 2016
    February 4th, 2017
    next up....July 21-28 2019 AWOL.

SLSand kik nitendaycpl.....say hi

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    We used the service for the first time.It was worth the money.Got a few questions from the Mobay Rep that I could have done without plus a little too much conversation.Waiting in the lounge with food and drink available for the bus to be ready to board was a BIG plus.We will do Mobay from now on but not on the way home.I am in no hurry at that point.

If$80 pp arrival and departure is not going to break you...do it! I've waited well over an hour with screaming puking kids in line! Never again....

Thanks everybody for taking the time to answer, and SuesBob, just THANK YOU

I knew I came to the right place.
    I've got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today. Life is good today. - Zac Brown Band

triple A

Quote Originally Posted by Partyof? View Post
    Thanks everybody for taking the time to answer, and SuesBob, just THANK YOU

I knew I came to the right place.
    If you book through triple A it includes transportation

Quote Originally Posted by rutgersman View Post
    If you book through triple A it includes transportation
    Personally, IMHO, AAA would be the last place I would use to book a trip to Hedo.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

One consideration would be high season or low season. If you go in March it is more likely to be crowded, May not as much. We have been in long lines, and short lines. Even the long lines weren't too bad. Of course we were in high spirits because vacation was starting so time was flying!!

IMHO the wait times in the line at immigration are often over exaggerated. We've arrived when the lineup goes up the ramp and down the hallway and we've never spend more than 30 - 35 mins waiting. Others talk about spending two hours at the airport but that's never been our experience.

Having said that, if the $80 or so is worth it to you then by all means go for it. For us, that's almost the cost of the catamaran trip for two or a couple of nice bottles to take home so we pass on Club Mobay.