Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piano Bar

We love the sound of a real piano played by a talented and engaging host. It was always a highlight for us at H3 and we have been disappointed by the piano bar at H2. We sure hope that they remedy this, although not enough people have suggested it when they fill out their reviews when they leave for home.

We have only been there once, and didn't know what to expect, but we just didn't enjoy the piano bar. Tried it 3 or 4 nights ... maybe we missed some of the better entertainers. Had fun one night, but that was out on the patio hanging out with friends. We had more fun in the empty disco (was a quiet week). Again, maybe a busier week the piano bar may have had more of a vibe, but we just didn't enjoy it.
    Chris & Claire - and Candace too
    Edmonton, AB
    H2 - Nov 17 - 24 2014

I enjoy the Piano Bar, and I definitely miss Kumar. Dion is OK, but he keeps the volume way too loud. I really like Stephanie, she has a great voice, and is a very sweet person.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

We have always enjoyed the Piano Bar and looked forward to the entertainment every evening.

We have found that both Dion and Kumar to be the best at either H2 or H3.

However, we have enjoyed Dion the most. Sadly, we have not seen him since his return. The reason we say so is that Dion seemed to attract guests that wanted to perform with him (singing and/or playing some instrument, e.g. Chris from Canada with his guitar). The late nite jam session atmosphere we found appealing. Dion seemed able to get these guests to push their performance boundaries, to try something new and different.

Nights with Kumar were fun in a different way, particularly the nightly "Shock the Piano Player" game.

Everyone knows I was not a fan of Deon prior to his departure.
    I though he could be rude and kind of a bully, taking things too far that did not need to go that far.
    I don't know if he was spoken too, or just matured as an entertainer, and I know this is going to come as a shock to most people that know my posts, but we just returned home and I really enjoyed the piano bar with Deon this trip.
    All the things I did not like, the way he spoke to some guests, the attitude, the language that was not necessary, the excessive time trying to get someone on the piano to dance/strip, were no longer there.
    He did get women on the piano that wanted to go, did not pressure anyone that did not want to go, and if he could not get someone to sing or dance on the piano, he did not waste alot of time trying to get someone, he played music.
    Stephanie is amazing and if he continues his performances as he did last week, I have made a 180 degree turn on Deon.
    The piano bar was packed every night and we enjoyed it every time we went in.
    What ever the reason, way to go Deon, you are now a great entertainer. I always thought he was talented, now he showcases that talent without the wasted time.
    I can't wait to go back in September, with no group to run, we can sneak in early and get a good seat for a great show.
    That will be reflected in my trip report as well.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

H
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Everyone knows I was not a fan of Deon prior to his departure.
    I though he could be rude and kind of a bully, taking things too far that did not need to go that far.
    I don't know if he was spoken too, or just matured as an entertainer, and I know this is going to come as a shock to most people that know my posts, but we just returned home and I really enjoyed the piano bar with Deon this trip.
    All the things I did not like, the way he spoke to some guests, the attitude, the language that was not necessary, the excessive time trying to get someone on the piano to dance/strip, were no longer there.
    He did get women on the piano that wanted to go, did not pressure anyone that did not want to go, and if he could not get someone to sing or dance on the piano, he did not waste alot of time trying to get someone, he played music.
    Stephanie is amazing and if he continues his performances as he did last week, I have made a 180 degree turn on Deon.
    The piano bar was packed every night and we enjoyed it every time we went in.
    What ever the reason, way to go Deon, you are now a great entertainer. I always thought he was talented, now he showcases that talent without the wasted time.
    I can't wait to go back in September, with no group to run, we can sneak in early and get a good seat for a great show.
    That will be reflected in my trip report as well.
    Cop..
    That's great to hear ! Last June when the piano bar reopened , Beth from Wild Women Vacations and myself were asked to do a promo for Hedo resorts , welcoming Dion back . Stephanie is a great addition , and she was fun when she worked as an EC a few years ago as well . I also enjoy the piano bar and have had many great nights there !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

I agree with Paul, Deon has improved greatly. I was not a big fan of his act in the past.

I do wish they would encourage more guests sing. Stephanie is a fabulous singer but who whats to follow that act?

My girlfriend and another couple only went there on our last night there and danced the night away listening to them and a guy from biffs group and had a blast wished we had went there sooner. Well be spending more time there next time we go.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    All I can say is that for those of you who have never witnessed Deon singing a song "Show Them to Me!",well,it is usually waiting 'til the bitter end for that to happen!Just sayin'.............

You know I am never afraid to post how I feel, and I did in the past.
    So felt I needed to with this change.
    Strike up the band, I am on the bandwagon, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by anitathediva View Post
    I agree with Paul, Deon has improved greatly. I was not a big fan of his act in the past.

I do wish they would encourage more guests sing. Stephanie is a fabulous singer but who whats to follow that act?
    I discussed this exact "wish" with Winston last month, and the hope is that the long-awaited "new" songbooks will arrive soon and encourage more guest-initiated requests, singalongs, etc. While I think Deon has definitely improved over his prior stint at Hedo, I would like the piano bar to be less of a "show" and more of audience participation.

That said, Deon and Stephanie did a rock-and-roll medley that was familiar enough to get everyone singing along and the whole piano bar on their feet dancing and rocking up a storm and was terrific!

Actually,Mrs. NN and I were tired the first night we arrived and after the fourth member of the audience got up to sing we decided to fold our tent if that is what the piano bar was.We didn't know that Deon lets the crowd participate early on before he and Stephanie take over.Audience participation is great(sometimes) but participating with the main performers leading the way made it a much better experience for us anyways.Overall,I feel like the piano bar is more energized now than I remembered it last year.Stephanie and Deon rocked the place......

I think my biggest issue with the Piano Bar is not necessarily the performers, although I like Kemar much better, but I think the size and the lack of seating. When you have a full week of guests, it is really Standing Room only. Not to mention, people will literally go get drinks from the bar before dinner and place them on the area around the piano to "save their seats" which I think is disrespectful. Between the crowd and the sound, I prefer to just skip the Piano Bar altogether and hang out in the courtyard and chat with everyone. Heck, if they opened the doors and windows, you could probably hear the music outside and it is much more comfortable.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

I thought the piano bar was ok. In the past we had seen less show and more guest participation. I prefer a little more piano and a little less computer. Watching people try and follow the words on the iPad thingy looked like it was a little tough. The holding of seats was a little much. It seemed the same people had the same front row seats each of the 3 nights we went in. I do like the way they opened it up a little more and added a few more seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshadow View Post
    I thought the piano bar was ok. In the past we had seen less show and more guest participation. I prefer a little more piano and a little less computer. Watching people try and follow the words on the iPad thingy looked like it was a little tough. The holding of seats was a little much. It seemed the same people had the same front row seats each of the 3 nights we went in. I do like the way they opened it up a little more and added a few more seats.
    Some of the people on the front row showed up at least 30 minutes early to get the seats they wanted.........first come,first served.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast