Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 21-28. New to Hedo

June 21-28. New to Hedo

My wife and I are thinking of going down for the first time the week of June 21-28. When looking into the week, there are close to 10 groups going that week which led to some questions.

1) Are there advantages/disadvantages to joining a specific group?
    2) With all of the groups there, is the resort going to seem like it is constantly carved up with private events?
    3) Since we do not know anyone in the groups, will we be the odd ones out? Does everyone know each other in the groups?

Thanks for any help people can give us. We are both super excited about trying Hedonism out, but we want the first experience to be as good as possible.

Welcome to the ATF forums

My wife and I will be there the same time you're looking at. This will be our second trip and our second time going in late June. We had a great time that same week last year - lots going on at the resort that week! All of the groups were great and most events were open to everyone (with just a few exceptions here and there). We did go with a group (Hedo Rockers), but never felt treated like outsiders by other groups.

That said, we like booking through a group because you get a chance to communicate with people before the trip. When we arrived at the resort we felt like we were meeting up with long time friends not a bunch of strangers. The room discounts don't hurt either!

Hope we see you there!
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there and an early welcome Hedo!

You have picked a great week for sure as the 3rd/4th week of June has become an exciting time especially the past few years.

The Krewe de Krazy Life is celebrating our 9th Annual Adventure in Paradise from June 20-27 and we would love to invite you to become part of the Krewe as we are known as the "fun group" with our daily and nightly costumed fun, our own professional bodypainter and the attitude/mantra we carry over from Fantasy Fest (Key West) which is we are "One Human Family" and we pass no judgments while respecting all. Our Krewe accepts singles and couples and all fun-loving adults who want to be part of our fun.

As for your questions...

1. Groups can differ in size, activities, group rates, "goodie/gift" bags, meet and greets, and special guests and also private (group only) events so yes, there are no real disadvantages unless the group's direction or focus is something not in line with your comfort zone. I don't think this is much of an issue for the June week.

2. In the past during our June week there have been inter-actions amongst groups for several of the events and this has been very fun but I have not felt any exclusion issues.

3. You will not be the odd-ones out as EVERYONE was a 1st timer at least once at Hedo and because groups this week are so compatible, socializing between groups occurs all the time.

Feel free to ask me any other questions. I have only been to Hedo 10 times but our 8 prior Group Trips have lots of Hedo history attached to them.

Ann, The TravelSlut
    TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

Agree 100% with Ann and NWWAcouple. It's a great week to go. The only "private" group activities are not right in the middle of everything so you really don't even notice they're going on. No one will exclude you for not being part of a group, they will actually probably include you more to make you feel welcome. That being said, why not look into a group to get the rate discount and have some familiarity with people when you get there? I'm partial to the Hedo Rockers myself , but you can't go wrong with any of the groups going that week. Check out the trip calendar on here and do some group research. We'll be there June 17-27, look forward to seeing you there!
    6/21/14-6/28/14 Virgin Trip!
    6/17/15-6/27/15 Trip #2
    6/18/16-6/25/16 Trip #3

Hello!

I was in the same boat recently, deciding on a group to go with for my first trip in June. It is hard because a lot of the groups all have much the same things going on - costume themes, games, parties etc. Ultimately I have chosen to go with the Hedo Rockers. I can't say exactly what drew me to them, just posts I read etc. They are not necessarily all 'lifestyle' and accept singles. Also looking at the itinerary to see if anything jumped out as a positive/negative. With the Hedo Rockers, they do a trip to a school where we are going to take some supplies/toys. I liked the idea of seeing a little of Jamaica in Jamaica! Although it's purely something you can opt into, if I want to chill at Hedo that morning, I can. The same goes for the pub crawl.

Now that I have joined the group I have also joined the group on FB and chatted with some of the others. They also have some video chats which is nice to get to know people & hear about past trips etc. I think a bunch of the groups do this. Hopefully it'll make me feel more comfortable once I'm there, although at the moment the nerves are still high! Definitely everyone has been really nice so far & answered all my silly questions and helped to calm the nerves

I'm not sure how much that'll help you, just thought I'd give you my thought process. Good luck with the decision making & maybe I'll see you in June!

We met the rockers last year a great group. Did I mention they offer taxi service from the nude pool to your room. Its not the typical taxi type vehicle but you'll think your flying!

That week is going to be a lot of fun who ever you book with! Anns group and the Hedo rockers are both very friendly. (I dont know enough about the other groups to really speak for them, so this isnt to say theyŕe not friendly, Im sure they are)

All about the Hedo rockers;
    Why did we start the group? We actually weren't a group to begin with, just a bunch of people who were at hedo at the same time, some of us would coordinate through the year to make sure we at least over-lapped. a few years ago, we decided with a group, we could get perks that other group were getting. We were already having group dinners and parties, why not make it official? Thus, the rockers were born.

Weŕe fun. There is always going to be loads of fun. Everything you want to know, need to know and sometimes you don't want to know, You'll know before you even start packing. You'll even know everything you didn't know you need to pack! Our group is collectively eclectic. Business owners, truck drivers, retired people, teachers, stay at home parents and everything in between. We represent most regions of the US, and even a canadian! Collectively, we have over 100 trips and ages between mid 20s to mid 70s. Some are swingers, some aren't. Some of the Hedo rockers I've known for years and we even visit each other on occasion through the year.

Safety is also tops on our list and our ladies are well taken care of, especially if the husband isn't with you, everyone looks out for the ladies. If you join us in video chat nights (or some solo chats) You'll get to know many of us before you get there.

Our main motto is this; 'its you're vacation, do what you want!' Some of us hang at the beach all day,some at the pool, some sleep, some go on several day trips. Want to join us in the merriment? great! Want to read a book and unwind from a hectic year? Great! We're here to make sure you have the trip you want with knowledge of what to expect before you get there.

Just a caution, whoever you book with, the chick face down at the breakfast table? yeah, don't talk to her until she's had three cups of coffee and in an upright position.

If you decide not to book with any of the groups, you'll still be welcome with most everyone, never worry about that. With HR, you'll never feel like an 'odd one out' because you'll be able to get to know use before you go.
    Last edited by magjoy; 04-01-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandA0602 View Post
    My wife and I are thinking of going down for the first time the week of June 21-28. When looking into the week, there are close to 10 groups going that week which led to some questions.

1) Are there advantages/disadvantages to joining a specific group?
    2) With all of the groups there, is the resort going to seem like it is constantly carved up with private events?
    3) Since we do not know anyone in the groups, will we be the odd ones out? Does everyone know each other in the groups?

Thanks for any help people can give us. We are both super excited about trying Hedonism out, but we want the first experience to be as good as possible.
    Booking with a group will give you a better rate , meet others before you go , and attend some exclusive fun events for the week . We use Wild Women Vacations , as our TA and they are with us that week , should anything arise .
    Check us out at www.hedorockers.com and let me know if you have any questions !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Booking with a group will give you a better rate , meet others before you go , and attend some exclusive fun events for the week . We use Wild Women Vacations , as our TA and they are with us that week , should anything arise .
    Check us out at www.hedorockers.com and let me know if you have any questions !
    Bob
    Yup! Pretty much summed it up. Great job Bob!
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

Quote Originally Posted by loverstriangle3 View Post
    Yup! Pretty much summed it up. Great job Bob!
    Thanks , guys !

Back again !
    Group Info
    www.hedorockers.com
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    That week is going to be a lot of fun who ever you book with! Anns group and the Hedo rockers are both very friendly. (I dont know enough about the other groups to really speak for them, so this isnt to say theyŕe not friendly, Im sure they are)

All about the Hedo rockers;
    Why did we start the group? We actually weren't a group to begin with, just a bunch of people who were at hedo at the same time, some of us would coordinate through the year to make sure we at least over-lapped. a few years ago, we decided with a group, we could get perks that other group were getting. We were already having group dinners and parties, why not make it official? Thus, the rockers were born.

Weŕe fun. There is always going to be loads of fun. Everything you want to know, need to know and sometimes you don't want to know, You'll know before you even start packing. You'll even know everything you didn't know you need to pack! Our group is collectively eclectic. Business owners, truck drivers, retired people, teachers, stay at home parents and everything in between. We represent most regions of the US, and even a canadian! Collectively, we have over 100 trips and ages between mid 20s to mid 70s. Some are swingers, some aren't. Some of the Hedo rockers I've known for years and we even visit each other on occasion through the year.

Safety is also tops on our list and our ladies are well taken care of, especially if the husband isn't with you, everyone looks out for the ladies. If you join us in video chat nights (or some solo chats) You'll get to know many of us before you get there.

Our main motto is this; 'its you're vacation, do what you want!' Some of us hang at the beach all day,some at the pool, some sleep, some go on several day trips. Want to join us in the merriment? great! Want to read a book and unwind from a hectic year? Great! We're here to make sure you have the trip you want with knowledge of what to expect before you get there.

Just a caution, whoever you book with, the chick face down at the breakfast table? yeah, don't talk to her until she's had three cups of coffee and in an upright position.

If you decide not to book with any of the groups, you'll still be welcome with most everyone, never worry about that. With HR, you'll never feel like an 'odd one out' because you'll be able to get to know use before you go.
    Well said Maggie !

Back again !
    Group Info
    www.hedorockers.com
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

We decided to book through Wild Women and the Hedo Rockers. We have made our reservation and booked airfare. Looks like this is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SandA0602 View Post
    We decided to book through Wild Women and the Hedo Rockers. We have made our reservation and booked airfare. Looks like this is really happening.
    Woo Hoo ! , I'm sending you a pm
    Bob

Back again !
    Group Info
    www.hedorockers.com
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Great choice! We'll see you at Hedo
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

Alright! We'll see you there!
    6/21/14-6/28/14 Virgin Trip!
    6/17/15-6/27/15 Trip #2
    6/18/16-6/25/16 Trip #3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast