Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbies, Beware. Dreaded Island Fever is Real!

Newbies, Beware. Dreaded Island Fever is Real!

Consider this a public service announcement for newbies considering a trip to Hedonism. Don't do it. It will ruin your ability to concentrate on your job once you return. All your thoughts will circle around your next visit. All potential larger purchases will be framed as percentages of a trip to Hedo. Need a new TV? That is 25% of next year's vacation. A refrigerator? 50% of a week at Hedonism. Debating fixing your paid off car or buying a new one? Go ahead and buy it or repair it and save that monthly payment for a free trip to Hedonism. Don't even bother making new friends at home. They will just want to meet up for dinners and other social activities. Save your money and make friends at Hedonism. We just got back from our virgin trip from 3/21-3/28 and we are ruined. Can't think about anything else but returning. We have turned into evangelists, going down our list of friends we think we can convert to the Hedo religion. Uggggggg, how come no one told us dreaded island fever was so bad haha!! Still need to write a newbie trip report but every time I try I get lost in the memory of all the fun. Will try to get to it soon. Until then beware, newbies. You are not considering a vacation. You are taking on an addiction. You have been warned.

P.S. Forget about Sandals and getting a day pass to Hedo. We walked to the shops beyond Sandals one day. I passed out three times from contact boredom.

too funny!
    so much real about the stuff needed like a new roof on the house and a new deck flooring and a new kitchen floor lol
    we get tips at work and we now count those tips in "Hedo nights" a good tips is one Hedo night lol
    the price of mental health is way more important than so many little material things. so many of our friends are betting on their 60's to start doing stuff and so many don't even make or don't make it together...
    cheers
    KM

Oh so true and well said. Like they say Hedonism II always on my mind.

We could not agree more, we must have been there at the same time, Young Swingers was a party we will never forget. Are you guys coming back again next year to do it again? We just can't swing October but are already counting dow to March again. DIF is real people, we didn't really believe it either but now are hooked.

That has got to be the most true thing I've read in some time. People who have never been can't understand. I have two vacation spots we love. One we can talk freely about and then there's Hedo. Hedo friends are like AA meetings.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

I have to tell you that the anticipation before our first trip coming up in May is not doing my productivity any good either.

I really wish we had someone warn us like that...lol....we are heading back in 10 days for our 14th trip in 6 years...we were talking tonight about planning another trip in Sept....we haven't even been there yet this time around and already...this is an addiction like no other...

ChiTownHedocpl has summed it all up....well done...glad you enjoyed your trip...from here on in..you are NO LONGER A HEDO VIRGIN!!!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!

True true... We've met fun people at Hedo and enjoy spending time with them other places now, but it all boils back down to Hedo... When can we go back, who will go and how can it possibly be better than last trip. We used to travel the world for vacation, but now we are addicted also... 3 times in 18 months... Be back May 21st

Yes we are going for the first time in 12 days and I think I spend more time at work checking out this forum then I do actually doing work. lol

This will be our 7th time. If we can't go to Hedo we really don't want to go anywhere else. Especially if you have to wear clothes Can't wait till April 11th!!

Trip #15 for us coming up in May, and already distracted at work, can't get my mind off the trip!!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Truer words were never spoken,so newbies be warned.Not being the kind to "melt down",I had a mini "melt down" shortly after checking in to Sandals for 3 days after our first Hedo trip in 2013.It awful to be there feeling like an outcast from Paradise on the other side of that fence and not being able to go there!So we sneaked over on a couple night passes because,apparently,she was feeling it too! ;=)

explains why we have delayed our new driveway project for 2 years.
    1 new driveway = 1 trip to Hedo = no contest!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Yea it's a "lifestyle" for sure. I used to say "I'll never go anywhere twice", but that all ended 11 trips ago to Negril. Found my paradise, why keep looking. Probably let my house fall down before missing a trip, will probably end up in the State's care for retirement, LOL all the money left in Jamaica, is what I'll put on the application

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Cool

Our DIF was so bad after our trip in January, that we booked again for April of this year. And I am pretty sure it will impact us before departure this trip as well.

Not that I'm complaining.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast