Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it acceptable to wear a thong bottom on the nude side or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    No disrespect intended but there is a "clothing optional side" for those who do not want to be totally nude.Not looking to be an enforcer but it's pretty arrogant to think the rules apply to only some but not all.They do call it "the nude side" for a reason ya'know.So come on over and experience the Real Hedo with all the fun partying Nekkid People,people!
    I understand that nude means nude. And I agree, to a certain extent. However, the reason I agree is because I think once people see and feel that being naked is much more freeing and enjoyable than being in a bikini, top or bottom, they will prefer to be that way and find it as emotionally fulfilling as the rest of us do. Not because I want to police anyone, or lecture anyone, or tell anyone how to vacation. I'm not the nudity police and neither are any of us. If a woman, who may have taken three days to gather her courage to make her way to the nude side, is ambushed and approached and then penalized about her towel or thong, before she can even MAKE UP HER MIND about whether she's comfortable or not...we are essentially doing more harm than good, and that goes against the very principles I adore so much about hedonism in the first place. Everyone needs to stop pointing fingers, and focusing on what other people are doing on their vacation and just enjoy their own. If someone wearing a bikini bottom causes you so much strife and headache you feel like your trip is ruined, you're doing it wrong.

I (male) was told to take my towel off last year because I had it draped around my neck while I was waiting for some friends. Got a good laugh on that one.
    6/21/14-6/28/14 Virgin Trip!
    6/17/15-6/27/15 Trip #2
    6/18/16-6/25/16 Trip #3

Registered User mustanggirl0401's Avatar
    nude is nude..if you need time to muster the courage then do so on the c/o side and then come on over and join the party! It's only fair to everyone else who has 'put themselves out there' so to speak. I know that if my wife and I do it, then we shouldn't have to stand amongst textiles gawking at everyone while they summon their inner hedonist. There is a place for everyone at Hedonism and I for one, having participated in the nudist lifestyle quite a bit, understand the need for this kind of policing. As for the towel thing..well..maybe thats a bit much.

Its not clothing side its clothing optional. That changed a couple years ago. Nothing wrong with staying or starting on that side. If you don't think security will enforce the nude rule you are mistaken. They work for someone and all it takes is one word to the right person and their gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabaki View Post
    I (male) was told to take my towel off last year because I had it draped around my neck while I was waiting for some friends. Got a good laugh on that one.

LOL, must of been one of those triple people towels!

I wouldn't stress out too much about the nudity thing or the nude beach "police". When you get to Hedo, check things out and do what you want. If you have never been nude in public, the first time can be a big step. What I have found is that the first time is 10 minutes of terror. Then, you realize how freeing, comfortable, and wonderful it is. And that everyone else is naked, and that nobody cares what you look like. Go to the bar for a drink, say hello to someone, and you will have a new friend. After a few minutes, you won't even realize that you are nude. And the next time, you won't be able to wait to get naked again. Hope you have a great time being naked and making lots of new friends with awesome people.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustanggirl0401 View Post
    nude is nude..if you need time to muster the courage then do so on the c/o side and then come on over and join the party! It's only fair to everyone else who has 'put themselves out there' so to speak. I know that if my wife and I do it, then we shouldn't have to stand amongst textiles gawking at everyone while they summon their inner hedonist. There is a place for everyone at Hedonism and I for one, having participated in the nudist lifestyle quite a bit, understand the need for this kind of policing. As for the towel thing..well..maybe thats a bit much.
    Thanks,Mustang,for making the point.Nobody makes anybody get nude since there is definitely a beach for the clothing optional crowd.But once you pass that tree with the sign on it,the only polite thing to do,unless you think rules are for "all you little people",then it's only fair to do like everyone else did.Actually,I do understand the concerns people have about it and I hate to think of people wasting their vacation time trying to "work up the nerve" etc.Once you go you will know and there is a pretty good chance that once you skinny dip with everyone else that you may just never really want to go to a traditional textile beach again!

last year we actually had a friend that had her period and needed her bottoms on for the first day, security wouldnt have anything to do with it. Take the bottoms off or leave the nude side. They were very upset but...rules are rules
    April 1-9th 2016 with Fluffernutters for Fluff Olympics
    November 12-19 2016 With Fluffernutters for Fluff Love

Wikipedia Terminology

"Full nudity refers to complete nudity, while partial nudity refers to less than full nudity, with parts of the body covered in some manner. The term partial nudity is sometimes used to refer to exposure of skin beyond what the person using the expression considers to be within the limits of modesty. If the exposure is within the standards of modesty of a given culture and setting (e.g. wearing a bikini at a non-nude beach), terms such as nudity, partial or otherwise, are not normally used. If however, the degree of exposure exceeds the cultural norms of the setting, or if the activity or setting includes nudity as an understood part of its function, such as a nude beach, terminology relating to nudity and degrees thereof are typically used. Toplessness is regarded by most people as partial nudity."

I always get a kick out of the "does nude mean nude posts" Hedo has a clothing optional side and a Nude Side...NOT a "Partially Nude Side" That's clothing optional! Why would you consider any covering bottoms or not, small thong or not, time of the month or not, towel or not, topless or not, easing into it or not, excuse, excuse etc.
    Would you go to a nudist resort at home and ask to be admitted with wearing bottoms. Nude beach and pool are implied by their name.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Nude is nude. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the nude side to dove in head first that would've preferred to go with bottoms till comfortable but they didn't and obeyed the rules set forth.

What really bothers me are the people allowed to walk back and forth down the beach fully clothed. Those folks should be forced to drop their drawers or turn around and go back to their prude resort.

Blog Entries
    There is something close to magic that happens at Hedo, BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE NEKKID! I'm not kidding, so don't waste time or magic waiting to get nude, just keep telling yourself there is magic to be experienced and it's right there and get down to that nekkid pool immediately. Do what ever it takes: Have five shots in your room first, smoke a fatty, put on dark sunglasses, wrap a towel around yourself run up to the nude pool toss off the towel, jump in nekkid up to your neck and all good.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Is it possible to use the word "NAKED". I am curious to see if the website will change Naked to Nekkid??
    Aug 2009 Hedo III
    April 2010 Hedo II
    Aug 2011 Hedo II
    Aug 2012 Hedo II
    Jan 2013 Desire Cabo
    Mar 2013 Hedo II Amigos
    Mar 2014 Hedo II Kitten N Angel
    Aug 2014 Hedo II
    Apr 2015 Hedo II
    Aug 2015 Hedo II Char Travel
    Mar 2016 Hedo II
    Aug 2016 Hedo II
    Apr 2017 Hedo II
    Apr 2018 Hedo II
    Apr 2019 Hedo II

It's all about respect. The nude side is the nude side. Don't expect to be able to not hang out when everyone else is hanging out. Respect those that are naked by also getting naked. Strippers have been dealing with 'that time of the month', and working through it quite fine for years. If a girl can get naked on stage during her period with no issues, you can walk down the beach.
    Chris & Claire - and Candace too
    Edmonton, AB
    H2 - Nov 17 - 24 2014

Was fun this week to watch the horror on the faces of all the YSWer's when they were told to get naked, Security did a great job. One dude even had a swimsuit on in the hottub for a while until he was told to drop it.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 06-15-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbob View Post
    Is it possible to use the word "NAKED". I am curious to see if the website will change Naked to Nekkid??
    Of course "naked" is the correct terminology."Nekkid" is what we say down here in the Jeff Foxworthy Zone.I bet Larry the CableGuy would confirm that.Meanwhile,one of Ron White's,aka "Tater Salad",best routines was about his visit to a nude beach where he saw someone he referred to as "Squirrel Man"...........So maybe use of the word "Nekkid" is a cultural thing?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast