Thread: Booby cay

Smile Booby cay

Very excited to be heading to hedo for the first time next year. What can we expect? Also how hard is it to get to bobby cay? Thanks.

Not hard at all.
    Right across the way.
    You can get a boat ride over or use the resorts kayak and paddle over, short trip.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Very close. Take a resort kayak its a fun trip.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Can we get a Booby Cay report?What exactly is it all about?I have heard of it but don't know what it is....

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Not hard at all.
    Right across the way.
    You can get a boat ride over or use the resorts kayak and paddle over, short trip.
    Cop..
    The ride is even better when you have someone in the kayak who knows what they are doing...I got the hang of it on the way back though...

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Can we get a Booby Cay report?What exactly is it all about?I have heard of it but don't know what it is....
    I have not been there in eons. It used to be used for Hedo's island picnic's but stopped when the government took the island over. It is a small piece of land that locals now used to cook lobster on for the tourists. I heard it has a lot of garbage on it now but is worth while to visit if you want a break from Hedo. It's the closest you will get to experiencing what it feels like to be on an uninhabited island. At one time it had lots of cats but I heard they are no longer there either. Their is no bathroom facilities or running water so I'm not so keen on eating my lobster cooked from there.

Quote Originally Posted by anitathediva View Post
    I have not been there in eons. It used to be used for Hedo's island picnic's but stopped when the government took the island over. It is a small piece of land that locals now used to cook lobster on for the tourists. I heard it has a lot of garbage on it now but is worth while to visit if you want a break from Hedo. It's the closest you will get to experiencing what it feels like to be on an uninhabited island. At one time it had lots of cats but I heard they are no longer there either. Their is no bathroom facilities or running water so I'm not so keen on eating my lobster cooked from there.
    Thanks Anita!I might just take a kayak ride up and down the beach and go gawk the Sandals people to get even!

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    The ride is even better when you have someone in the kayak who knows what they are doing...I got the hang of it on the way back though...
    I am tempted to try it but if for any reason I start hearing the"Jaws" theme or Banjo music I am going to streak back to Hedo in a flash!

We had security call them and they sent a boat over to Hedo. It's $10/pp Roundtrip for the boat ride. We personally loved the lobster there. For the boat ride and 2 lobsters it's was $60 total plus tip and I didn't have to paddle my stuffed self back lol.

For what's worth, us nor' eastern type peeps know that the best lobstah is cooked in a briny mix of fresh and seawater. All the lobstah pounds in Maine do it that way. <mouth waters at the thought>
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

I have some great memories of Hedo picnics out there The drinking games were a ton of fun. I kinda miss it.

Highly recommend the trip over for lobster lunch. It is a little trashy and we saw a couple cats.
    We took the kayak over which was nice. Was fun to see the other resort people come over and stare at us once they figured out we had the Hedo kayak.

Blog Entries
    The lobster off-season starts 4/15. I know the Jamaicans will/might still cook one up for you, but they are out of season legally.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat