Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb 14-22, 2015

Talking Feb 14-22, 2015

Trip #18
    February 14-22, 2015
    Single non-lifestyle gal

Happiness is being able to fly out before the storm and return after it!  Flew out on Valentines’ Day before the beginning of what was going to be a cold, snowy week back in reality (friends are still envious that I escaped). No flight issues, sat in the 1st row and just about ran to immigration to beat potential crowds, only to find that the VIP line was taking about the same time as the normal one. Took a ½ hour for the shuttle to start on its way, but there was no ½ way stop and the resort was the 1st place to unload (small favors…). For the first time I didn’t fully unpack (since it was late in the day), so I could meet up with my friends who were already on the beach.

Fun/Funny/Interesting Times
    • Watching a lady catch a guy on his way out of the ocean with shorts on and make him stop until he took them off (with a little help from her) revealing a special package for such a small body... Then hearing (as he was walking away towards the prude side) her say ‘Christmas came early this year!’
    • Hearing how a group made their jello syringe/shapes shots via the in-room coffee maker.
    • Several guests were present who had over 100 visits and one who was staying (I believe) over a month.
    • Translating (via hand motions) special activity phrases written on ping pong balls for someone who didn’t fully understand English.
    • One guest who had basketball-size implants and played tennis and volleyball like a pro (she actually is - just not of those sports…).
    • Watching someone play a version of ‘I’m Sexy and I Know It’ for guest talent night, while 3 guys danced in togas before removing them to reveal Borat style swim suits.
    • My last night in the piano bar when Stephanie sang Emeli Sande’s ‘Next to Me’, Winston sang ‘Forever Young’ and my accordion/singer friends doing a final number specially for me. Then watching Deon really get into and try to play the accordion after everyone else had left. Music appreciation in it’s true form. I love music.
    • Catching a tummy bug that felt like food poisoning (not fun) and then having staff suggest local cures. Cheers to their ‘real’ ginger ale and bitters suggestion. It may not have been an immediate cure, but I do think it helped. Another suggestion they had was ‘Andrews Salts’ - didn’t try that one.
    • Wind storms hit one day/night, breaking the swim area rope and waves overran the dock.
    • A new form of Jamaican ‘weed’ was readily available in piles along the shore, but I didn’t see anyone try to smoke it. 
    • Using a headband wrapped around the room door handle to keep the ‘do not disturb’ sign on it during the wind storm - morning sleep is important!
    • Having a young local guy try to get my room number for some late night activity which had me using the excuse of being scared of ‘big sticks’. Then having him respond by saying that if I was scared of his big stick, he had something else to offer before sticking out his tongue. Things that make you go hmm…
    • Having 2 young (looked 16) male guests look me up and down like I was candy, while I was thinking in my head ‘really, you could be my kid, if I had any…’ - young pups looking for a cougar…not me.
    • Hearing a story that there was a guy sitting in the playroom meowing in the corner. Still not sure if he was trying to get something or if that was something a couple nearby wanted…no judgment really… MEOW! 
    • Finding out that some people I had just met this trip were calling me ‘polka dots’ because I wore a polka dot outfit for the pool party and they didn’t know my name. It’s all good by me, I had a trip where I didn’t know a gal’s name until she FB friended me after I got home! Hehe!
    • Swimming in the pool late at night while people asked if I was cold and a local fren called me a mermaid, then being a ‘wing-man’ for someone in the hot tub while I warmed up. Water is so great for the bod, whether it is holding me up or keeping me the perfect temp! 
    • Enjoying a week of smiles and hugs (by many staff and friends), warm sun, water and general fun. I am not much of a ‘groupie’, just love going and enjoying being there with whoever is in house. Many of which this past week were new and I hope to see again.

Changes since my July trip

• New courtyard area which was a big hit all week (more chairs have been ordered), including the free wifi available around/in it.
    • New courtyard and wild side bathrooms - both were a big hit all week.
    • The wild side floor tiles are like sandstone, so you don’t have to worry about slipping. There were a few comments about lack of privacy for the men’s room.
    • The courtyard men’s room initially had a urinal that was too high for most, so a stool was put in there for them to use (true, but really funny). Last sighting (not ‘sitting’ ) was of it off the wall prepared to be moved lower.
    • Espresso bar (extra cost, $5 per cup, not very busy).
    • Wine bar (extra cost per bottle, @$25-$400+, can’t be in there unless purchase and drinking the wine, people who did buy wine generally took it with them to dinner, etc.).
    • New paint and decorations in Pastafari (signage changed back to previous name). Menu rotates every 3 nights.
    • New activities TV monitor in dining room vs. old chalk board.
    • Thursday foam party in the disco. An outside vendor comes in and sets up an inflatable square pool that contains most of the foam while the DJ plays music. Towels are spread all over the bar and other area floor to reduce slipping and absorb extra foam/water.
    • More garbage containers.
    • New sign warning that cell phones, cameras, etc. can’t be used on the beach. Kindles and other tablet readers were seen and used (which was good - many people like to e-read and should be allowed to do so).
    • Security guards were everywhere and very visible - one guy was always on the steps going up to or on a chair at the end of the hallway to my room. I like the idea, but would rather not see them as obviously.
    • New beach towels - either dark blue or a basket weave tan.
    • Thicker room towels.
    • At least 1 room has had the body-jets removed and replaced with tiles and a new shower head installed.
    • New clock/radio that accepted multiple kinds of inputs including a place on top for an iPhone to sit on top.
    • New ‘urchin’ warning sign on the wild side beach that says water shoes are available for use at the water sports bldg.
    • People were not smoking in the pool or around the courtyard, which was nice. They did smoke on the beach and other allowed areas.

Upcoming Renovations
    • Smaller, wireless speakers to be installed many places including the wild side and piano bar areas to help distribute sound better than the large centralized ones (estimated Friday 2/27/15).
    • Lobby area, dining room and stage area (estimated May).
    • Old ice rink/cement pad beside the disco to be enclosed with plexiglas for future foam party use.
    • Possible re-configuration of the prude side to optimize use (no details given).

Suggested Changes/Issues

• Re-install a light above the large mirror in the bedroom. Many of us use it to get ready vs. the bathroom which is warmer and more humid.
    • New thermostat in my room was very limited as far as temperature settings allowed and the fan would not stay on ‘low fan’ - it always defaulted to ‘auto’. It wasn’t due to the usual power outages. There was a round/cloudy colored sensor on the front of the thermostat - not sure what it did (light based?).
    • Order more beach floats.
    • Paint another mural or put some tall trees/plants on the now beige wall where the old mural was painted over.
    • Allow tops or bottoms on wild side if a medical reason is given or person is known/not a gawker (one person had cancer and had her top on yet security was pushing her to remove it and another was having monthly issues). As a frequent visitor, it is very easy to spot gawkers vs. those who may need to have something on or even those who may want a see-through wrap on due to cold/eating.

Only note not included is that there were no tree frog songs this trip, wasn’t sure why…but hopefully they return in full force before the next trip.

Until next time, peeps!
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Wow, super report! I like the format you used...right to the point!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

That was a fun report. Did they paint over the mural at the nude pool? I'd love to have that many trips under my belt. Working on it.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

First of all, trip number 18. Wow. And secondly thank you for the great detailed report. i really liked the format you wrote it in.

Stupendous report, detailed and a great read. Many thanks from a fellow solo traveller. Mc

I hope the tree Frogs are back next week when we are there. I love that sound. Great report by the way.
    We will be arriving September 10th and staying till the 16th

Great trip report! Really like how you bullet pointed everything!

Sorry to hear you caught a nasty tummy bug. Yes, ginger is good for that!

Every time I hear about all the changes going on at Hedo, I get butterflies in my belly! Can't wait to see them for ourselves in April!

Thanks for the detailed report!
    Shizelle ~n~ Dave
    April 21 - 28, 2018
    October 17 - 27, 2018
    Playful Pussycats

http://www.theplayfulpussycats.com

http://www.wildwomenvacations.com

Great trip report. My last trip the courtyard remodel was in progress. Can't wait to see it for real in 58 days.

Thanks for taking the time to write the trip report.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

Great trip report. Love how the nude side is the wild side!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Thanks Kyttles! Great meeting you. Can't wait to see you again! BORAT THONGS!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Thanks everyone. Just try to capture what peeps may want to know each time.

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Quote Originally Posted by Kyttles View Post
    Thanks everyone. Just try to capture what peeps may want to know each time.
    ...and you did an excellent job!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

I forgot to mention that the resort has been fined by the government several times in the past year for public 'activity'. This is why they are trying to keep these to the pool/hot tub areas instead of the more visible beach. There were patrols by local police a couple times while I was there. Guessing it is free money for the government, if they watch long enough it is bound to happen...

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

No tree frogs!!!!!!!!!!! How can that be? I have been over 50 times and have never experienced and evening with out them. Great report!

I heard a rumor that the mosquito stuff they are using to minimize people getting Chic-V impacted the frogs...sad sad story....

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast