Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice from Hedo veterans?

Advice from Hedo veterans?

Hey y'all!
    I'm a 25 year old from Toronto. Planning vacations for the first week of April. Seriously considering coming here to Hedonism for the first time. I am travelling alone. I have been on many different trips all around the world, and I must confess, have never really had the typical beach vacation, and I'm not really looking to start now.

Just looking for some tips and advice on what I should expect? I am a generally outgoing person, and have no problems meeting new people in new situations and am very open-minded and adventurous. I've noticed that much of the guests seem to be couples aged 35 and up. Will this be an issue, being a younger guy? I tend to prefer an older crowd, but sometimes people my age can give the rest of us a bad reputation.

Gimme a quick rundown of what y'all think, and maybe I'll see you in April!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTheSpaceFox View Post
    I must confess, have never really had the typical beach vacation, and I'm not really looking to start now.

Just looking for some tips and advice on what I should expect?
    My first reaction is if you never had a beach vacation and you are not looking to start now, why are you thinking of going to Hedonism II? What are you hoping to get out of this vacation?
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    My first reaction is if you never had a beach vacation and you are not looking to start now, why are you thinking of going to Hedonism II? What are you hoping to get out of this vacation?
    Joe we was going to ask the same thing...lol...
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

READERS....pls look under April 2015.... He's has stated his interest in going to HEDO is to meet people to write an article on the people, their experiences, etc....

Thanks. I missed that other message. I hope he stays home!
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

He really gives new meaning to a "VINNY" before he even gets there.....and gives a bad name to the rest of us nice Canadians...

We don't need people like that there...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTheSpaceFox View Post
    Gimme a quick rundown of what y'all think, and maybe I'll see you in April!!
    I think his question has been answered about what we all think. LOL
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

To the original poster.....
    you don't need to travel to the resort to research why..plenty of reasons and examples here.

Also everyone's perception is different..based on their own beliefs, boundaries and personality. ..each one of those determine on how your hedo experience turns out.

If you travel as much as you mention....you will know to bring an open mind and take home good memories.
    Hedo virgins no more -August 3-10 2014

March 2015
    August 8 - 18 2015
    March 2-9 2016
    July 4th week 2016
    February 4th, 2017
    next up....July 21-28 2019 AWOL.

SLSand kik nitendaycpl.....say hi

Will be there April 1-6 good enough reason!! HaHa
    SLS PHILLY1271 or e-mail Ryan22446@gmail.com

[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/B]

Another great week.. SUMMER CAMP 4 ADULTS!!!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    READERS....pls look under April 2015.... He's has stated his interest in going to HEDO is to meet people to write an article on the people, their experiences, etc....
    Hey,where do I find the referenced article?Seriously,Mr SpaceFox,you could run a poll right here in a thread and get your questions answered without having to make the trip.Nobody is going to answer personal questions in person anyway and your queries would not be welcome then.Advice is cheap.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Oh OK,I found the original article.Seriously dude,listen to HedoJoe and just stay home.Please,we don't want a "roving reporter" there and the resort does not want or need the kind of publicity you are going to try and give it.
    You work for MTV or Naked News or who exactly?

Blog Entries
    Here is some sage advice from a Hedo veteran. It doesn't get talked about to much around here because all the regulars (vets) feel we are with friends here and most people that are newbies are very guarded anyway. But what I wanted to say is:

WHAT HAPPENS AT HEDO STAYS AT HEDO.

The rest of us are having a blast at hedo and we don't want any unwanted exposure (pun intended) that might ruin that fun. Media isn't our friend and the best part of the vacation (other than the obvious)is you don't have to answer any questions. There was a fairly recent marriage(within the last 10 years) at Hedo that caused a major disruption to the owners and the resort because of the media coverage. That resulted in the Gov't getting involved and a lawsuit between two big resort groups.

Go to Desire or Temptations they need the publicity.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    Here is some sage advice from a Hedo veteran. It doesn't get talked about to much around here because all the regulars (vets) feel we are with friends here and most people that are newbies are very guarded anyway. But what I wanted to say is:

WHAT HAPPENS AT HEDO STAYS AT HEDO.

The rest of us are having a blast at hedo and we don't want any unwanted exposure (pun intended) that might ruin that fun. Media isn't our friend and the best part of the vacation (other than the obvious)is you don't have to answer any questions. There was a fairly recent marriage(within the last 10 years) at Hedo that caused a major disruption to the owners and the resort because of the media coverage. That resulted in the Gov't getting involved and a lawsuit between two big resort groups.

Go to Desire or Temptations they need the publicity.

Cheers

Well said...we have all chimed in but you "takemetonegril" said it best.....in case you can't hear it, those are the applause from all of us HEDO goers, those that have replied and those just sitting there...... Thank you!

ok. hear you all loud and clear and plans have been abandoned. Certainly not my intent to make anyone uncomfortable, forget I was ever even here. Enjoy yourselves

I was going to comment on here a few hours ago (before Andy replied). Wish I had done so.

I have been a journalist, even taught journalism, now do communications and PR and have done so for the past 25 years. There is nothing wrong with Andy wanting to do a story about his trip to the resort. God knows it wouldn't be the first, and certainly there will be more. Geez, publicly available trip reports are encouraged on this site!

I suspect, if done tastefully, the resort owners likely wouldn't be opposed to the idea either. Of course, anyone giving an interview would do so on their own accord.

I did not see Andy's earlier post until tonight, and after reading it, the only advice I'd like to pass along to Andy is he should have been upfront with his intentions again in this new post, instead of simply posting as if he were just another single guy looking forward to his first Hedo vacation. I know he also realizes this (unless the publication for which he writes is less than reputable).

Folks, we are in the middle of another sexual revolution, we just watched a documentary on CBC's Doc Zone about female desire where they featured an employee of the Oasis Aqualounge in Toronto (a swingers club). Media is currently interested in this topic. I'd rather people like Andy, who originally posted his true intentions (and was told to go away), be the journalists who report about their Hedo vacation, than have someone show up with a hidden agenda and write a piece based on their experiences after speaking with people who didn't know their comments would show up in an article (anonomiously or not).

Mind you, if the word gets out to too many people about how great this place really is, then demand may increase and rates will go up, and none of us will be able to get a room, or afford one! :-)

Andy, if you want to try Hedo , just come and enjoy the vacation... If you think there's a good article there, speak with the new owners about why they bought the place and why they are putting so much effort into renovations and building the place back up to a standard that will easily compete with Sandals, even though the resort has, by far, the highest repeat visitor rate of any resort in the Caribbean. You can interview visitors on your second trip, because believe me, there will be a second trip.

Good luck with your career, even if you decide to drop the idea of a Hedo article, or a visit.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast