Thread: E-cigg

Blog Entries

E-cigg

Has anyone traveled with E-ciggs yet? Should I keep it on me when traveling or put it in my checked luggage? With all the new smoking rules at the resort, I would hate to have my stuff confiscated since I will be using it more, not to mention, that stuff is expensive. Thanks!
    Don't live to work...work to live...live for vacations at Hedo :cool9
    Next trip....9/20/15 - 9/27/15
    4th Trip...7/28/13 - 8/4/12 for Elle's 40th BD
    3rd trip... 3/30/12 - 4/7/12
    2nd trip... 4/2/11 - 4/9/11
    1st trip....9/18/10 - 9/26/10

The FAA has put out a warning to US carriers to ban electronic cigarettes from checked bags as they can overheat or catch fire if accidentally activated. On Jan. 4 at Los Angeles International Airport, a checked bag that had missed its flight was found on fire in a baggage area and emergency responders blamed it on an overheated e-cigarette inside the bag. While fires and explosions are rare, 25 such incidents occurred from 2009 through August 2014. Nine people were injured in those incidents. The shape and construction makes them like "flaming rockets" when a lithium-ion battery fails.

Carry it on with you!
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Registered User LovingLeocouple's Avatar
    I travelled with mine in my carry on. I removed the battery (along with the batteries that were in the adult toys) beforehand. I took 1 bottle of e-juice in that same carry-on bag and had another bottle packed away in my checked bags. I broke my vape while at Hedo when I stumbled off that step right outside the piano bar and dropped it. I really don't like smoking cigarettes anymore but still have my nicotine addiction. I tried to hold out on smoking cigarettes until I could get back home and get a new vape, but I started getting a little grumpy after a couple of days, so I dropped $12.00 on a pack of cigs at the gift shop - ouch! Once home, I ordered two new vapes so that now I can always travel with a back-up. At home, I vape a pipe tobacco flavor mixed about 50/50 with a double vanilla tobacco flavor with just a few drops of maple cured tobacco flavor to give me a complex tasting tobacco flavor that reminds me a lot of an actual pipe tobacco that I used to smoke before I started smoking cigarettes and smoked a pipe regularly. I also frequently vape a raspberry chocolate flavor at home. I am glad that I had the foresight to take a lighter fruity flavor - fresh melon - with me to Hedo as it tasted much better in the heat and went better with the fruity rum drinks. I started vaping about a year ago at a 16mg/ml nicotine level and am now vaping a 4mg/ml nicotine level e-juice that I mix myself using an 8mg/ml strength and a nicotine free e-juice. I'm gradually working my way down to nicotine free.
    "No expectations - always amazed by how much fun we have!"
    Past Trips:
    January 2013 - Caliente Tampa
    January 2013 - Jewel of the Seas
    August 2014 - Naughty in N'awlins 2014
    January 2015 - Hedonsim II
    July 2015 - Naughty in N'awlins 2015
    January 2016 - Hedonism II

Next Trip: Hedonism II, April 21-29, 2017

Loving_Leo_Couple on SLS
    loving_leocouple on H2 Community
    loving_leocouple@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    The FAA has put out a warning to US carriers to ban electronic cigarettes from checked bags as they can overheat or catch fire if accidentally activated. On Jan. 4 at Los Angeles International Airport, a checked bag that had missed its flight was found on fire in a baggage area and emergency responders blamed it on an overheated e-cigarette inside the bag. While fires and explosions are rare, 25 such incidents occurred from 2009 through August 2014. Nine people were injured in those incidents. The shape and construction makes them like "flaming rockets" when a lithium-ion battery fails.

Carry it on with you!
    ...or just take out the batteries....