Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there convenience stores nearby? Is the hotel close to a town or village? Sights?

Are there convenience stores nearby? Is the hotel close to a town or village? Sights?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is any shopping nearby, whatever type... I like to pack BARE minimal (haha, pun intended) but if I don't have to pack it and can just pick it up down there, makes travelling that much easier for us. Of course, our drink cups are coming...and glow sticks...and costumes for the theme nights haha! I do have priorities straight

Quote Originally Posted by Becks View Post
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is any shopping nearby, whatever type... I like to pack BARE minimal (haha, pun intended) but if I don't have to pack it and can just pick it up down there, makes travelling that much easier for us. Of course, our drink cups are coming...and glow sticks...and costumes for the theme nights haha! I do have priorities straight
    There is plenty of shopping close by. Also the gift shop has a lot of clothes and supplies as well.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

The gift shop actually has pretty good prices. We were expecting the normal super inflated hotel prices and were pleasantly surprised.

Blog Entries
    It is Jamaica so there isn't a Seven Eleven in Negril, but down at the circle (3.5-4. mi.) there is a Hi Lo grocery. A visit there is usually memorable. If you arrive on Sat don't go to Hi Lo on Sunday it's closed. I don't think it opens till 9 or 10 either.

It is the beach after all so Tee shirts, towels, hats, sunglasses, cigars are all available with a short walk across a very lovely stretch of beach to a place called the boardwalk. You can see it from the nude beach. For bigger shopping there is the Times Square mini mall. Lots of tourist shops with the usual. Lots of people go here for a quick shopping trip.

Really once yoiu get there, if you don't have it, you probably don't need it. You should most likely be able to borrow whatever it is you need. Medicines like Imodium, Advil, over the counter stuff is usually able to be bummed off of a new friend. Trust me it will be "no problem Mon", as it makes everyone so sad if someone is sick or getting a cold. Sunscreen, booze, beer, slut wear, sex toys all available at the (newly renovated) pretty reasonable gift shop.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

There is a gas station with a small shop and atm less than 100m from the resort gate...I find prices for certain local snacks, tobacco and things like redbull are better than the gift shop...

Sun screen is crazy expen$ive at the resorts including Hedo. A regular size costs about $28+ for off brand. Best to buy this particular item at home.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

There is a store on site with limited incidentials. There is a gas station just up a bit from Hedo with some items. You can always ask you driver to stop at a grocery store on your way to Hedo as well.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

Next ride to Hedo: Jan 29th - Feb 16th 2016. :

They have full body sunscreen sticks now. (No liquids!)
    great for packing! And your Robin Thicke impersonation if you don't apply carefully!
    I have done carry on only.... it can be done! Good luck!

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Sun screen is crazy expen$ive at the resorts including Hedo. A regular size costs about $28+ for off brand. Best to buy this particular item at home.
    & bring a lot of block. We are tan people and boaters here in Maryland. We were amazed how much we had gone through. After all....you are naked more then clothed. Makes sense now in hindsite. Duhh!
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

Thanks everyone! Okay, pack birthday suit! and Sunscreen Costumes and that purty much it then LOL! Can't wait to go 'home' and see our new 'family' and friends!! OH, hey! Being a true Canadian girl...do they have Clamato? I do like my Caesars! Alas, I am great on Rum too though haha!

we're leaving in 5 hours, yeah!!

OH, hey! Being a true Canadian girl...do they have Clamato? I do like my Caesars! Alas, I am great on Rum too though haha!
    Rum they have. If you want Clamato, you will have to bring your own.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by kmlovepleasure View Post
    we're leaving in 5 hours, yeah!!
    Enjoy
    We will be arriving September 10th and staying till the 16th

Do pack meds that you may need! Learned that the hard way! Hubby had to buy cough syrup at gift shop and it was horrible! Enjoy your trip!
    Shizelle ~n~ Dave
    April 21 - 28, 2018
    October 17 - 27, 2018
    Playful Pussycats

http://www.theplayfulpussycats.com

http://www.wildwomenvacations.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Rum they have. If you want Clamato, you will have to bring your own.
    Hi Joe & Ellen, can I buy Coke Zero or Sprite Zero anywhere near the resort to stock up the room's mini-fridge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast