Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting bumped to another resort

Getting bumped to another resort

Anybody ever have the issue of getting to Hedo and finding out they are full with no rooms available even if you booked and paid for your trip we in advance of arrival? I just heard this is a common issue at Hedo.

We booked through Castaway Travel and paid for our trip several months ago, it doesn't seem right that they don't have the room we booked at the time of our arrival provided I was given accurate info.

Blog Entries
    ten trips, never happened. Try to get to resort earlier and not check in on weekends.
    Dave and Claire

We were informed just last week by Castaways that the premium prude oceanview room we booked last July was unavailable. They did however, have a premium nude oceanview room available and we took that, with an upcharge. Castaways' ownership paid for half the upcharge, and that was equitable for us. My wife is more prudish than nudish, but it really came down to not being bumped around to a different resort and "commute" to have fun at Hedo. It worked out for us.....and being in the group we are part of, our leader is a mediator and has pull with the hotel/travel agcy. When are you supposed to be in Hedo??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Anybody ever have the issue of getting to Hedo and finding out they are full with no rooms available even if you booked and paid for your trip we in advance of arrival? I just heard this is a common issue at Hedo.

We booked through Castaway Travel and paid for our trip several months ago, it doesn't seem right that they don't have the room we booked at the time of our arrival provided I was given accurate info.

Happened to us a few trips ago, we spent the first night at the Riu. Wasn't too bad as we had been travelling all day and were tired. We had a nice dinner and a good nights sleep and were back in Hedo with a room at 10 am the next day. They gave us a free night and two free massages.

Be prepared for this to happen a bit over the next few weeks as I have heard that they are significantly oversold for quite a few dates.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 01-18-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Something similar happened to me and a buddy at Hedoween. It was awesome to walk out of the Vanilla resort (Sandels??--right down the street) in our Hedoween costumes. The looks and comments we got were priceless. We were comped a couple nights on our next trip also. Bottom line for me: A minor inconvenience. A nice room. Much needed sleep and remember...the Hedo Staff remembers you. An amazing trait!!

Quote Originally Posted by hedodt View Post
    We were informed just last week by Castaways that the premium prude oceanview room we booked last July was unavailable. They did however, have a premium nude oceanview room available and we took that, with an upcharge. Castaways' ownership paid for half the upcharge, and that was equitable for us. My wife is more prudish than nudish, but it really came down to not being bumped around to a different resort and "commute" to have fun at Hedo. It worked out for us.....and being in the group we are part of, our leader is a mediator and has pull with the hotel/travel agcy. When are you supposed to be in Hedo??
    I recall some of the trip travel companies i.e. Tom's advertising that if you booked with them, you were guaranteed not to be bumped. Personally, we would have an issue being bumped to another resort. The last thing we want to do during our rare and cherished vacation time is to bounce from hotel to hotel, unpacking, packing, unpacking...yuk! Also, we can't understand how you booked in July and they bumped you from Prude to Nude and they wanted an upcharge. That's not right at all. Hedo and/or Castaways should have covered it completely.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Happened to us once (out of two trips. Our first trip too...) We arrived on a Friday and got bumped to a Couples down the road for the first night. Next day they put us in a taxi and brought us over to check in around noon. Got a couples massage as an apology. That was a February trip as well.

We arrived with two other couples on that Friday on the shuttle and two of us got bumped. Funny thing is that on the Saturday morning when we were in the lobby of the Couples waiting for a taxi, we saw another couple in the lobby and we said to ourselves, "They don't look like a couple that stays at a Couples." We were right - we saw them in the lobby of Hedo about 30 minutes after we got there!
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    I recall some of the trip travel companies i.e. Tom's advertising that if you booked with them, you were guaranteed not to be bumped.
    A travel agency can make any guarantee they want but ultimately it is out of their hands.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    A travel agency can make any guarantee they want but ultimately it is out of their hands.
    Can a group guarantee it? Maybe that's where I saw it i.e Fluffs or Switch Hitters etc... Seems an odd thing to offer a no bounce assurance and not provide it.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Desire RM 1 trip

The way that a travel agency offers a "no bump guarantee" is by sending in their confirmed list of guests to the resort. And since the group has blocks of rooms then if the resort is oversold they will usually bump a customer who is not booked with the group before they will bump a person booked with a group. This is not set in stone and there have been the rare times that you are bumped even if you are booked with a group, but it has only happened very rarely. And of course there are always times that are out of the agents control such a problem with a block of rooms (like flooding or something) or if a flight was changed and you do not arrive till hours after you were suppose to then they think that you are not coming and give your room away. Nothing is ever 100% in life, but you are A LOT less likely to get bumped if you book with an agency who offers the no bump guarantee. Hope that clarifies it more.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hedodt View Post
    We arrive on Feb 28th. I don't mind getting a different room as long as they don't screw us with upcharges but to not get a room is very bad business in my book. I've never been anywhere that book a room only to take it away upon arrival. Talk about starting off on the wrong foot for vacation. Hopefully nobody has to worry about this.

I agree. All I've heard on the forum is nothing but good and how great it is, that being said I'm not willing to stay someplace else when I've already paid for a room. Poor business practice.

I've never been anywhere that book a room only to take it away upon arrival.
    You have probably never heard of this at most resorts since most resorts do not fully book up. A lot of hotels actually over book by 5% in order to allow for cancellations and no shows. I kinda disagree with this in Jamaica as most people show for a trip there, but it is something that most places do, so I guess they do too.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    Our former group leader got bumped couple of years ago after about 50 visits, he wasn't entirely thrilled, but did fill small bags of lamp chops and brought them to the pool as snacks till they moved him two days later. He didn't make a big deal out of it, he was traveling solo and it's right across the street and all. Pretty sure he invited a guest over for dinner with him as well.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    You have probably never heard of this at most resorts since most resorts do not fully book up. A lot of hotels actually over book by 5% in order to allow for cancellations and no shows. I kinda disagree with this in Jamaica as most people show for a trip there, but it is something that most places do, so I guess they do too.
    Vacation resorts all require advance pre-pay. With that guarantee, the resort has nothing to gain by over booking other than to piss off guests. Harry should require full payment minimum 30 days prior to stay and after that, no refund. Then, the onus is on the traveler to book insurance to cover any possible cancellation. That policy should keep everyone reasonably happy.
    Last edited by happy2us; 01-18-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Desire RM 1 trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast