Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super naive question

Super naive question

I've been to hedo once and looking forward to trip number 2 in march.
    My question- I am terrible at smoking and a little reluctant to buy something from local vendors.My crazy question-
    What is the risk of bringing in my own brownies that I've cooked at home---I know exactly what I get and they're small but mighty. I know I know----I'd probably be the only person to ever sneak marijuana INTO Jamaica...but just curious about people's thoughts.

Just don't do it! Herbal brownies are not overlooked by the local law enforcement. While the property may look the other way its still illegal in the country. What better to catch a foreigner. Do u want to risk not going home? My 2 cts. Just don't leave property withroduct.

From what I hear - just get a taxi from the airport and tell them to take you to Jenny's and get a few brownies. I think they are 20 mins past Hedo and the brownies are $5 each (I think). Take only a SMALL amount at a time - heard horror stories from people who lost hours and days from eating too much!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotzy68 View Post
    I've been to hedo once and looking forward to trip number 2 in march.
    My question- I am terrible at smoking and a little reluctant to buy something from local vendors.My crazy question-
    What is the risk of bringing in my own brownies that I've cooked at home---I know exactly what I get and they're small but mighty. I know I know----I'd probably be the only person to ever sneak marijuana INTO Jamaica...but just curious about people's thoughts.
    Are you Nucking Futz?????!!!!! Forget about Jamaican LEO's, what about your own? Doubt you would get to board your first flight carrying those things.

You will find ANYTHING , from edibles to herbals to hashes....just venture out of the resort...
    you can even arrange for a 'tour' of a plantation so you can literally harvest your own...or pick your buds from a 'dry pile'...ask about 'Orange Hill' about 20 minutes form Negril...
    JA herbs are totally organic outdoor crops...and at this time of year will be mostly indica strains...
    Real 'sensi' (seedless) is rare as its all outdoors...never seen indoor/hydro in 10 years...not even during the now defunct 'High Times' events...
    My advice:
    DONT BUY IT ON THE BEACH/from a waiter/barman etc...not that quality will be bad but you will get totally ripped off on price...
    Also worth noting if you hang around other 420 enthusiasts I guarantee somebody will leave you their stash when its time to leave...
    If you bring any grinders/bongs/pipes etc make sure they are unused (sealed) when you pack and that you are prepared to leave them behind in ja when you leave once they have been 'used'
    Last edited by nogozitu; 12-31-2014 at 03:39 AM.

I can't believe someone is even asking this question. The risk of getting caught may not be that high but the consequences of it are extremely high, depending on whether you got caught in Jamaica or Canada with your brownies. Possession is not a criminal offense in Canada but getting on a plane with dope is. So you'd risk, at very minimum a criminal record that will affect all future job opportunities, or more likely some jail time to go along with that record. If caught in Jamaica you definitely wouldn't be coming home to Canada and you wouldn't be staying at Hedo. I thought that the people that are so stuck up that they have to bring their own booze to Hedo were kooky, but this tops even that by a mile.

Blog Entries
    Every year I do a beach walk/bar hop, two years ago I was at a mid-beach bar and lit up a joint and the guy sitting next to me says "smoke this" and hands me a joint, I take a hit as he tells me it's BC Bud that they brought with them as the Jamaican is crap. I asked them how they got it in and they said they do it every year and just wrap it into a shirt or something. CRAZY! I like to smoke, but I also like to lay on the beach for a week after a long plane ride.

If you get busted in Jamaica trying to import (brownies, weed) you will go home, probably sooner than later. Jamaicans like to give you a three day rest at the crowbar motel until they can arrange to deport you.

I believe that all the reefer tourist generally get is Sativa, I'm not aware of any Indica that is available to tourists. It's medium quality at best, but does do the trick and you get a ton. It's $60 a bag which is about an ounce, (plenty). I used to negotiate (or try) until I found out that if they don't grow it themselves they are probably paying $50.00 for it and only make $10.00. Not much room for negotiating. If you want sensi (some of the best I've smoked), you'll have to go inland, Bob Marley's in St Ann has a big garden you can visit and buy some great stuff. The joints are $5-$10, but they are all the same, so get the $5 one's, LOL Plus you'll get the tour of his boyhood home and you can sit "on the single bed", LOL

There are some advantages to buying on resort. You will be seeing your vendor again most likely so it's not in their best interest to rip you off. Your very unlikely to get into a situation with it on you, headed to the resort. We were road blocked last year on the way to the resort.

Good news is that Cannabis has just been decriminalized (it was supposed to go through by Jan 1st, but I haven't checked)in Jamaica, so that's good news. The Jamaican authorities are pretty easy on tourists. I've been smoking a joint on more than one occasion when the guys with the guns show up at the bar (Mid- beach, not Hedo) and start asking questions. Obviously we dash em out when the bartender gives the sign, but they never even look over at me. Seems that they are usually looking for some criminal and are asking at all the known hang-outs. There are two levels of police on the beach, the tourist police who look mean enough to me and the bad ass guys with the machine guns.

Jamaica is fun, stay away from the police, smoke the local, go to Jenny's and buy a brownie, but don't import anything, even though I bet you'd get it in.

Cheers
    Last edited by takemetonegril; 12-31-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    I can't believe someone is even asking this question. The risk of getting caught may not be that high but the consequences of it are extremely high, depending on whether you got caught in Jamaica or Canada with your brownies. Possession is not a criminal offense in Canada but getting on a plane with dope is. So you'd risk, at very minimum a criminal record that will affect all future job opportunities, or more likely some jail time to go along with that record. If caught in Jamaica you definitely wouldn't be coming home to Canada and you wouldn't be staying at Hedo. I thought that the people that are so stuck up that they have to bring their own booze to Hedo were kooky, but this tops even that by a mile.
    agree with FUNFORTWO lmao... WTF, really?

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    Every year I do a beach walk/bar hop, two years ago I was at a mid-beach bar and lit up a joint and the guy sitting next to me says "smoke this" and hands me a joint, I take a hit as he tells me it's BC Bud that they brought with them as the Jamaican is crap. I asked them how they got it in and they said they do it every year and just wrap it into a shirt or something. CRAZY! I like to smoke, but I also like to lay on the beach for a week after a long plane ride.

If you get busted in Jamaica trying to import (brownies, weed) you will go home, probably sooner than later. Jamaicans like to give you a three day rest at the crowbar motel until they can arrange to deport you.

I believe that all the reefer tourist generally get is Sativa, I'm not aware of any Indica that is available to tourists. It's medium quality at best, but does do the trick and you get a ton. It's $60 a bag which is about an ounce, (plenty). I used to negotiate (or try) until I found out that if they don't grow it themselves they are probably paying $50.00 for it and only make $10.00. Not much room for negotiating. If you want sensi (some of the best I've smoked), you'll have to go inland, Bob Marley's in St Ann has a big garden you can visit and buy some great stuff. The joints are $5-$10, but they are all the same, so get the $5 one's, LOL Plus you'll get the tour of his boyhood home and you can sit "on the single bed", LOL

There are some advantages to buying on resort. You will be seeing your vendor again most likely so it's not in their best interest to rip you off. Your very unlikely to get into a situation with it on you, headed to the resort. We were road blocked last year on the way to the resort.

Good news is that Cannabis has just been decriminalized (it was supposed to go through by Jan 1st, but I haven't checked)in Jamaica, so that's good news. The Jamaican authorities are pretty easy on tourists. I've been smoking a joint on more than one occasion when the guys with the guns show up at the bar (Mid- beach, not Hedo) and start asking questions. Obviously we dash em out when the bartender gives the sign, but they never even look over at me. Seems that they are usually looking for some criminal and are asking at all the known hang-outs. There are two levels of police on the beach, the tourist police who look mean enough to me and the bad ass guys with the machine guns.

Jamaica is fun, stay away from the police, smoke the local, go to Jenny's and buy a brownie, but don't import anything, even though I bet you'd get it in.

Cheers
    Good Info!

I was just suggesting to buy it from a farmer as opposed to a 'vendor' as OP seemed peculiar about knowing the origin of what he's consuming..so can't beat going to the source...
    And regarding the prices 'onsite' I saw some people being charged $10- PER JOINT! I actually approached the vendor right after and had a lough with him about how good a sale he'd just made...
    Like everything in JA am sure that if you get to know them, or at least not approach them with newbie written on your forehead, the prices can be ok...

Whereas regarding sativa/indica I got a totally different impression (but that's the beauty of JA speak to 10 men get 10 diff stories LOL)
    A few farmers told me that because Sativa has a longer flowering period (up to 6 months= 2 harvests per year) compared to Indica (3 months = 4 harvests a year) has meant that real landrace Jamaican herb is extremely scarce,as its no longer the strain of choice for most 'cash' farmers that serve the tourist hotspots ...

Either way OP should take all this good advice and just blaze up the local flavours and not even think of doing what he mentioned!
    Last edited by nogozitu; 12-31-2014 at 12:19 PM.

2 years ago the couple in the room next door smuggled their own weed from the states. WHY?

Just ask around and everything will be just fine!

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

We prefer to help the local economy....wouldnt risk anything to bring anything in
    Hedo virgins no more -August 3-10 2014

March 2015
    August 8 - 18 2015
    March 2-9 2016
    July 4th week 2016
    February 4th, 2017
    next up....July 21-28 2019 AWOL.

SLSand kik nitendaycpl.....say hi

I actually met a young woman, a couple of trips ago, that brought her own brownies, on the plane, in air tight containers. We were both sitting outside at the bar waiting for our ride to hedo, and she asked me if I wanted one. I'm certain my face said "WTF are you thinking" LOL, but I politely declined.
    She ate them the whole time she was at hedo. I eventually caved and said, sure give me one....It was the best brownie in my 40 years of life :-)
    HOWEVER, I would never bring anything on a plane with me.

Me thinks you already had too many brownies!!
    lilgirlnlilboy on SLS, Lovevoodoo, and AFF but normally only check SLS. Cum say hi!

Hedo February 27th- March 9th 2015
    Hedo March 2014
    Hedo March 2013

Duh!

Lol! ....and I thought the katsup thread was bizarre!

My friend on the beach this week said he got so much, he was going to start trying to sell it along with the vendors ; )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast