Thread: Travel mug - what size?

Smile Travel mug - what size?

Hello everyone, and my apologies for what can be considered a silly question... We are going to Hedo III from May 5 to May 11, and I've been reading up what to pack, etc -- so that we're fully prepared I even bought "The Naked Truth about Hedonism II" book - lots of useful info, although mostly for Hedo II, but still useful.

There are numerous suggestions to buy an insulated travel mug to hold your drink (and keep it cold), as the plastic cups are small and would require frequent refills... So, when in Target recently, I was looking in the thermos section, and couldn't decide on size -- would 16oz be enough? Or should I go for 20oz, or even bigger? Please, please -- any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lana in NJ

Blog Entries
    Well, even though I'm not a big drinker when on vacation (LMAO), I would take a few things into consideration. 1st, what will you be drinking?

Wine types: Small mug (12 oz max) and the kind that have a spill proof lid. In fact, ANY mug should be the new spill proof if you can find all sizes. They make them now (maybe not at Target---I don't know) that have a button on the top that all you have to do is push and it clicks in place to get the drink to come out. In between drinks, push it to close tight. The benefit is no spillage and the fact that it will keep it cold longer. When it's 92 degrees the wine will heat up quickly with no ice and a small hole in the top. Warm wine = BOOOOOOO

Beer: Same thing

Mixed Drinks with ice: Medium sized mug (16 oz max). The ice will help a lot, but if it's too big and you take a long time to drink it, the ice will melt and water down your drink. BOOOOOO...

Water: BIG MUG (20-32 oz). You can fill it to the rim with ice and then fill it with water. Since it's water, it's fine if the ice melts. It just gives you more water as it melts.

Yes, I'm self employed and have extra time to seriously contemplate the actual importance of various mug size, design and functionality.

NOTE: Sluggo, before you say anything, functionality IS a word already. I did not make that one up.
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 03-20-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Well my suggestion would be about a 20-32 oz anything bigger would probably get too watered down or start getting warm ya know. It depends what kind of a fish you are! LOL!! I have seen people with the 64oz ones and to me those are just way too big. Good luck!!
    Jason and Deanna June 2009

First off, it can never be too big (the drink i mean). Second, last year people had 2 one for the real drink and one for water to alternate. My feeling is never water down a good thing! I will be coming down with no less the 32 oz for my beer if not he 64 oz ( i like beer) Besides, I'll be on vacation so who cares what size drink you have.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Smile Thanks!

Thank you everyone who responded! Jeff your post gave me a few chuckles, thanks! ;-) I think being a newbie I'll get the cute 20-oz one I saw. It just looked cute, like a miniature keg! Although I'll be drinking mixed drinks, that one should do the job. Can't wait to finally get there!

Lana

hi Lana,
    We will be at hedo at the same time we get in on the 4-12. I like the smaller mugs myself. even in a mug the beer gets a little warm so I take a small one to keep it cold.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

This will be our 11th trip woo hoo can't wait.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

Smile wow

Hi Carolyn,
    great website, loved the fun pictures!
    I'm all over the net now looking for fun toga costumes, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks we have fun on the site chating and makeing planes for the trip. Most of our group will not be going this trip a lot of them are not going at all and some will be trying some place new this year. So it has been a little slow on the site. Toga is a hard one for me I have had all kinds. and still have not found one that I like a lot. lol
    Last edited by carolyn; 03-21-2007 at 10:48 PM.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

Another agreement, great pics on the site, looks like everyone had a good time.
    Paul + joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I also like it!! Great pictures and website!!! Wish we were going the sametime you guys are but we aren't leaving till June!
    Jason and Deanna June 2009