Thread: Desire Pearl Trip Report May 11-20, 2013

Desire Pearl Trip Report May 11-20, 2013

Warning - this is long.

About us – M43 F42, married 19 years. Together 23. Here to celebrate her birthday. Not in the lifestyle but we have flirted on the edge of it and we enjoy having fun, wherever that takes us. Been to Hedo once (2012) and many other vanilla AI resorts, both with family and by ourselves. This was our first trip to Desire Pearl (or any Desire resort).

Won’t go into the details about our trip there, except for the fact that coming in from Northern Alberta means that it always takes a full day to travel to anywhere. This trip was no exception – 12 hours from the time we left our house to when we stepped into the Pearl lobby. Trip home took us 14.5 hours. So when we go away for a week, we really go away for 9 days as we lose 2 days to travel. This trip was the perfect amount of time for us.

Check-in was easy. Room 50 in the seashell building. Balcony towards the back of the building and overlooking the quiet pool. Room was in great shape; nothing broken or missing. Room safe wasn’t reset so a quick phone call to the front desk and someone was there in a matter of minutes to reset it. After that there were no problems with the room. Great maid service and refreshments were restocked regularly.

We are beach people so that is where we started. But it is a public beach, so people from other resorts, including kids, walk along the beach to get to town or back. That made us a bit uncomfortable. If we choose to go nude at a CO resort and other adults see us then that is fine. But the kids and people from other resorts didn’t sign up for that, so after the first day we decided to stay up at the pool. Spent the first 6 days on the active side, and the last 2 on the quiet side. Last day of the active side we were on the loungers right in front of the speaker, so that was annoying – couldn’t hear anything over the thump of the bass. What made it worse was the six chairs to the right of us were taken but never used for the entire day. We learned to get up really early and play the ‘reserve the loungers at 6 AM game’ which is a shame that it comes down to that.

The attitude of the place was nice and relaxed when it came to nude/clothing optional. No one cared what you wore or didn’t wear around the pool. This was a nice change from Hedo where there was a sometimes aggressive vibe out there of ‘you must be nude!!!’ Rose and I both got the stinkeye from some guests and staff of Hedo if we weren’t completely naked within seconds of arriving on the beach. There was definitely a more relaxed vibe at Pearl. Rose wore her hot pink thong from Wicked Weasel all week and she looked fantastic in it. I love tan lines like that, so I was fine with her wearing it all week. No one cared, and a lot of other people commented positively on her tan and her thong.

Food was great. Always found something good to eat. Service was for the most part outstanding. One night at the Pearl restaurant in the lobby the hostess forgot about us and we were left waiting for 40 minutes. Food that night was a bit dry – not sure if it was because it was sitting out too long or what, but that was a disappointment. One other night we met with two other couples for dinner and they had a hard time making a table for the 6 of us, even though there were enough tables side by side to do so. Service that night was slow. Otherwise the wait staff does an excellent job. Bar staff as well were fantastic.

The disco is the place for the shows and then dancing. Very few men dressed up at all for theme night – I had an outfit for every night, and aside from one or two others (David was always there in his theme outfits as well – he makes an excellent Chippendale dancer ) it was mostly about the women. It would have been nice for a few more males to dress up. I gave up my gold pointy sultan shoes to one of the EC’s for his costume. Every night after the show, there would only be about 30-45 minutes of people dancing before the place emptied out. And every time we wanted to check out the playroom, it was being used as a change room for the entertainers. Rose took advantage of the pole in the disco to demonstrate what she learned in all those classes she took. Some other women asked her for a quick lesson and she obliged – it is a great way to meet and mingle with others.

The shows were hit and miss. The Sin Circus was amazing. Caribbean night and the Strippers were also very good. Eyes Wide Shut was a complete disappointment. We don’t need to see simulated sex when we can see real sex 25 yards away in the playroom or the Jacuzzi. Lots of people left throughout the show.

Speaking of the Jacuzzi… we never went to the Jacuzzi until the last day when we met some people who convinced us to try it out. Not being lifestylers we weren’t really there to meet other people for fun and games. But we did go. The afternoon was more a big cocktail party than anything else. No real shows of PDS going on. That night we also went back after the disco and again, it was very tame and quiet. I guess that has to do a lot with the people at Pearl that week.

The people we did meet were amazing. Met couples from all over and there was an instant comfort in talking with everyone. Made some good friendships that I hope we will be able to continue moving forward.

Had a couples massage at the Spa. Not the sensual one. Rose wasn’t interested in having someone be paid to try and get her off. We talked with 3 couples who had the sensual massage and the reviews were mixed – 1 loved it, 1 was uncomfortable with it and 1 was apprehensive but enjoyed it.

A big downer for us was people using cameras there. We are still in a position of having to work for a living, and we both can be fired if photos got out of us in a place like Desire. But there were people who thought it would be fun to take pictures in the Disco of the robots, or to film the pool as they got close ups of his lady taking a pole lesson on the pool deck. We mentioned it to the EC’s and sometimes they made announcements and talked to the guests, and sometimes it was the ECs with their phones taking the photos of the robots. We saw one woman freak out so bad in the club one night about the cameras she left in tears. I thought she would be checking out the next morning she was so worked up.

So will we be back? We have never found a place anywhere that demanded our attention enough to make us want to return. But Pearl is probably the closest we come to for a return engagement. We met couples from both Hedo and Pearl that we want to travel with again, and as of today, I think we would choose Pearl over Hedo. Maybe. or Not. Hedo has the better sexy vibe (and the ability to have sex on the beach) but the facilities are better at Pearl. Our next adult escape isn’t for another year, so we will see what John can do to the facilities at Hedo. Depending on the budget and everyone else’s schedule we may go to Hedo, maybe Pearl.

As always, thanks for reading this. I know it was long. Feel free to ask questions.

Sam and Rose

(We ended up using our real names when we went to Pearl, so if you recognize us from the report but with other names, don’t be alarmed. We just felt comfortable enough not to use our pseudonyms of Sam and Rose)
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Always interested to read feedback on other resorts and appreciate the time you've taken to write this report. It's the friends, new acquaintances and simply the safety and fun people of Jamaica that draws us to Hedo knowing the positives out weigh the negatives. Mexico just doesn't cut it anymore. Thanks again for a great report!

Thanks for the report. When I was to Hedo a month ago I already saw very positives changes. I think next year you should give Hedo another try. I personally do not like Mexico and did not enjoy Desire RM. It was a nice resort, with reat service, but just not Hedo.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamAndRose View Post
    We have never found a place anywhere that demanded our attention enough to make us want to return. But Pearl is probably the closest we come to for a return engagement.
    Thanks for posting this. One down side to all of the Desires (and all resorts in Mexico) is that the beaches are public. At the original Desire in Riviera Maya they do have fences which discourage people from walking down the beach, but they're easy to get around.

For what it's worth I'd recommend checking out the two other Desires. Each have positives and negatives. If Pearl wasn't a perfect fit than maybe RM or Cabo would be. My wife and I really enjoyed Desire Cabo with the exception of the beach issue (the beach isn't really swimmable. Rough waves and cool Pacific water). But, it is what it is and far from Desire's fault.

Agree that it's the other couples and friends you make that really make an adult vacation enjoyable. If you're friendly, social, and clear in what you're looking for you can find a good time anywhere (even non lifestyle friendly resorts). While we hope the capital being put into Hedo will improve things, there's just a huge discrepancy between the quality of the infrastructure at Desire (and Hidden Beach. And Punta Serena. And just about everywhere else) compared to Hedo that we can't ignore when planning our next vacation.

Shocking to hear about the pictures. That's really disappointing. Please let the management team know about it so they can alert their staff (and guests) of proper behavior and enforce the no photography rule.

Thanks again for posting the report.
    Hedo 3x2. Desire Cancun. Desire Cabo. Cap d'agde. Orient Beach. Sea Mountain Inn. Hidden Beach. Punta Serena.

Nice report, I would have complained to management about the photos, I believe it's against thier policy. We took some while there last year, but very early morning when there was nobody in sight. We particularly enjoyed the jacuzzi - we found it awsome. We also found the resort vibe to be quite calm as soon as there was no group - it's not a big resort, 80 rooms or so.

Couple of questions
    Have they made the playroom any bigger, it was small when we were there (held maybe 10-12 people) and they actually improvised one beside the spa for the group.
    Also do you know if they still have a shuttle to Desire RM and allow you to book the restaurants there ?

Tks

I was very impressed this year at Hedo. They said many, many times not to take pictures of guests. That you could take photos of the entertainment, but they said guests were not entertainment, so do not take pics. I was very happy about that
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Not to brag but we got a private photo session with Fifty. Collector items soon

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post
    Couple of questions
    Have they made the playroom any bigger, it was small when we were there (held maybe 10-12 people) and they actually improvised one beside the spa for the group.
    Also do you know if they still have a shuttle to Desire RM and allow you to book the restaurants there ?

Tks
    The playroom is still quite small. We went for the time share sales pitch, and we were told that they are planning on filling in the pond and creating a restaurant/lounge in it's place. Then they can rip apart the disco and playroom (since people can meet and dance in the lounge) and make it more like the one in RM. We have never been to Desire RM, but I can only assume it is better than what is currently in Pearl. They did say they were going to expand the size of the playroom

Aside from walking to RM, you can take a taxi there and back. No complementary shuttle. Guests were doing that without any problems. I can only assume that they were eating there, and playing in the disco and Jacuzzi.

S&R
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?

Hi guys. It's been a while Great review of Pearl! We are planning our next trip to RM this fall but are sure to spend a day and evening dancing at Pearl. Be well and stay well Rick and Lynn

Tks S&R.

The pond is nice by day but has a lot of bugs in the evening - they sprayed every day when we were there - surely an eco-friendly product... Probably for the best if they turn it into a place to lounge and meet. We did find there was an empty time between supper and when the disco started.

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post
    Tks S&R.

The pond is nice by day but has a lot of bugs in the evening - they sprayed every day when we were there - surely an eco-friendly product... Probably for the best if they turn it into a place to lounge and meet. We did find there was an empty time between supper and when the disco started.
    It's nice to look at but boy does it attract bugs and really adds to the humidity in the lobby where the bands are playing. Making a larger lounge/conversation area/bar/entertainment site would go a long way to having more to do in the evenings after dinner and before the show in the Disco.
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnandrick View Post
    Hi guys. It's been a while Great review of Pearl! We are planning our next trip to RM this fall but are sure to spend a day and evening dancing at Pearl. Be well and stay well Rick and Lynn
    Our next adults-only trip is for next May. Right now we are waffling between Pearl and Hedo. Will have to see what couples we know are going where, costs, and what the reviews of both places are like in the new year. We like Pearl but the beach and vibe were better at Hedo... Of course, we may just say f**k it and go try Desire RM...
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?

We were at Pearl in Feb of this year. All good except, as you pointed out, the Disco and the play room. Disco was empty within 30 minutes after the show stopped and the small play room was mostly occupied by staff changing or cleaning. Were there for a week and saw only one couple using the room on one evening. We had rented a car so decided to go to Desire Maya for disco and spa. We were at first told that was no longer possible and could only use the facilities at Pearl since that's where we had booked. After much discussion we were given "special permission" to visit Maya, which was much more active and fun late in the evening.