Thread: First trip to Desire RM

First trip to Desire RM

We have some quesions about our first trip to Desire RM.

1. We are geting a Standard Room. Am I correct in saying that we will at least have a queen size bed?
    2. We'd prefer one of the remodelled rooms.
    3. We're prefer to be on the quiet side of the resort.
    4. Are all the Standard rooms smoke free?

Any suggestions on what building and room number we should request?

Are there safes in the room to fit in ipad, passports and phones? If not where can we put them?

Do most guests bring costumes for the theme nights?

Can we walk from our roon to the pool nude?

Where else can we walk nude? Can we have lunch in the nude outside near the pool?
    We love the beach especially in the Caribbean!

Desire RM March 27th to April 3rd 2015

Desire Pearl : March 17 , Desire Pearl Dec 2019

Hey, you two are going to DRM? That's great!! We should definitely talk. Hit us up directly if you want.

I think the beds are queens or kings. In October, we asked for a king and did not get it; we're hoping for a different outcome in February.

I was under the impression that the resort was smoke free.

There was a safe in our room. Standard hotel-visitor guidance that you'll see from travel experts is that you should not count on the safes being totally secure, though.

The cool guests always dress for the theme nights! Guys, too- it adds to the fun, and at worst is a funny conversation-starter!

You can be naked most anywhere- and definitely you can be naked from your room to the pool! I believe you'll have to have some kind of cover inside the restaurants, even the open-air one for lunch. We did not think to try grabbing lunch at the buffet and taking it out poolside so we could dine au natural. We ate at a table (usually with new friends!), and just grabbed a towel on our way in to the buffet to wrap around us.

It's great to hear that you are coming to DRM. We want to hear all about it!
    CoupleInMD

(CoupleInMD79 on SLS, APG, Kasidie, and Quiver)

DRM Oct 22 - 29, 2014
    DRM Feb 8 - 15, 2015
    Bliss Cruise Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2015
    Naughty in Nawlins July 6 - 10, 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 27 - Dec 4, 2016
    Naughty in N'awlins July 2017

1. Most of the standard rooms have a queen size and the deluxe rooms have a king. You can see a layout of the resort and the bed size in each room in the faq section for Desire RM at forums.desiremexico.com.

2. Just about all the rooms have now been remodelled although in our experience there's not much difference, all the room are nice but some are quite small.

3. The quieter rooms tend to be the ones closer to the spa/gym/tennis courts. When you do your online preregistration you can request a specific building or room and they're pretty good at accomodating you.

4. All room are smoke free

All rooms have a safe in the closet and definitely big enough for an iPad, laptop, etc. Participation in the theme nights is pretty high, I would say the majority of people dress up, much more so than Hedo. You can walk nude anywhere in the resort except for the lobby, gift shop, and restaurants. You can't eat lunch in the nude as you have to be dressed for the restaurants. But there would be nothing stopping you from slipping something on to get some lunch and then taking it back to your lounger to eat. I believe it is fine to be topless at Tentazione (the poolside lunchtime restaurant).