Thread: Newbies

Newbies

Hi folks.

Disclaimer: Forgive the novel.

We have been appreciating the information and opinions presented here for a couple years. We have been one of those boring couples you saw when walking by the beach at Sandals next-door. I now wonder if folks at home thought we were really at Hedo when we told them we were going to Sandals and we really were at Sandals... lol
    Anyway, we are finally making the plunge and going to Hedo. We were so close at the beginning of this year but work obligations forced us to get a refund. However, we are not swingers and my wife “claims” to have no interest in kissing a girl (although a guy can dream, on both fronts). I, the gentlemen of the pair (I use that term gentleman loosely…lol) have no problem with what I expect to see and the approaches we may encounter. I am a little worried that, while she is aware of Hedo to the extend we have read online, is she going to have a negative time if too many folks invade her space (if you know what I mean) or, invade my space.

With that said, we are looking for a week/group who may be more of a match for us. Please understand we are not anti-swingers, just anti-disrespectful. We are fun partiers who like to socialize, drink, sunbath, swim, etc… We are a late 40s sexy couple. We expect to dress a bit for some of the theme nights. We do want to make some friends while there. And, we are absolutely looking forward to being naked for a week.

While we have always read on the forum that all groups are welcoming, blah, blah, blah (no offense), we wish to hear some real experiences from folks similar to us. We wish to learn of fun groups who will enhance our Hedo experience whether we are active with the group or spending our alone time. We want to go between Feb and May 2015.

Thanks in advance for your advice. Please feel welcome to contact us privately as we are looking for an honest response and understand how some public postings can be ridiculed (not so much in this forum, thankfully).

Take care; we can’t wait to pack lightly for a change.

p.s.: We welcome new online friends so please contact us for any reason.

Awesome you are ready to take the plunge!!! There is no bad time to go to Hedo, check out the events tab on the Hedo website and it will give you a list of all groups and what they are about. We go the end of April every year Happy Hedo Planning!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Most groups are very respectful of space, you shouldn't have too many worries there. Our group has people of all sorts from "Prudies" (people who do not even get nude) to Nudists (only) and swingers. We have never had any issues with anyone being disrespectful of space and all of us hang out together. Hopefully whichever group you choose to go with are the same. We do go the week of President's Day which is in your given timeline, we would love to have you. Good luck in your search and hopefully you have the most wonderful experience on your trip, very happy you made the plunge.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

you'll love it! nothing but fun! incredible diving, dancing, partying, and the food and drinks are fine too!

The two rules at Hedo, (maybe the ONLY rules) are "Respect"and "No means No". I doubt you will have any problems with people invading your space. I do expect that you will leave after a week after meeting a whole bunch great people, thinking that you just had the best vacation of your life, and counting the days until you can return "home" again. Every time we go, we renew our friendships with people we have met on previous trips, and meet more fun people. The staff there is awesome, too. We have been with Jon's Fluffernutters, Wild Women Vacations, and Love Voodoo, all great groups. I recommend you go with a big group, as they usually have lots of activities, parties, etc. that make it easy to make new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1 View Post
    The two rules at Hedo, (maybe the ONLY rules) are "Respect"and "No means No". I doubt you will have any problems with people invading your space. I do expect that you will leave after a week after meeting a whole bunch great people, thinking that you just had the best vacation of your life, and counting the days until you can return "home" again. Every time we go, we renew our friendships with people we have met on previous trips, and meet more fun people. The staff there is awesome, too. We have been with Jon's Fluffernutters, Wild Women Vacations, and Love Voodoo, all great groups. I recommend you go with a big group, as they usually have lots of activities, parties, etc. that make it easy to make new friends.
    Everything tbone1 said was spot on....with the exception of one thing. You don't have to go with a big group to have a lot of activities, parties and so on. We are a small group and we have plenty of activities planned and we have a heck of a time. I believe all groups, large or small, are fun and you will come out of it with the same attitude about your trip because it is YOU who really makes the fun for you happen. There are plenty of chances to have a great time if you are ready for it.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

We went for our first time last year during Kama Sutra week and had a blast. We didn't go with a group and a group is not totally necessary. Groups do offer some perks, activities and introductions to others . We signed with a group this year only because of the price and we were worried about not getting a room for 17 nights. We've never had a problem with disrespect while at Hedo. I think you'll find you will meet a lot of great people on this board prior to your trip. We did last year and made lasting friendships with many from here and at Hedo. We did walk past Sandals and chuckled at all the people reading or on their lap tops sitting by themselves. We felt so sorry for them, you'll be glad you made the switch.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

Next ride to Hedo: Jan 29th - Feb 16th 2016. :

Quote Originally Posted by twoforfun View Post
    With that said, we are looking for a week/group who may be more of a match for us. Please understand we are not anti-swingers, just anti-disrespectful. We are fun partiers who like to socialize, drink, sunbath, swim, etc… We are a late 40s sexy couple. We expect to dress a bit for some of the theme nights. We do want to make some friends while there. And, we are absolutely looking forward to being naked for a week.

While we have always read on the forum that all groups are welcoming, blah, blah, blah (no offense), we wish to hear some real experiences from folks similar to us. We wish to learn of fun groups who will enhance our Hedo experience whether we are active with the group or spending our alone time. We want to go between Feb and May 2015.
    We go with the Fluffernutters during the last week of February. You have to act quick as they only have until Dec. 12 to sell all group space. Are their swingers in the Fluffs? Yes. Are their non swinger people who just like to party? Yes again. One of the rules of the Fluffs is that you cannot be an asshole. You can have one, just not be one! There is a good mix of ages from late 20's to late 60's and everyone has a great time together. If you have any questions, fell free to PM.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Hi folks.

We have been appreciating the information and opinions presented here for a couple years. We have been one of those boring couples you saw when walking by the beach at Sandals next-door. I now wonder if folks at home thought we were really at Hedo when we told them we were going to Sandals and we really were at Sandals... lol
    Anyway, we are finally making the plunge and going to Hedo. We were so close at the beginning of this year but work obligations forced us to get a refund. However, we are not swingers and my wife “claims” to have no interest in kissing a girl (although a guy can dream, on both fronts). I, the gentlemen of the pair (I use that term gentleman loosely…lol) have no problem with what I expect to see and the approaches we may encounter. I am a little worried that, while she is aware of Hedo to the extend we have read online, is she going to have a negative time if too many folks invade her space (if you know what I mean) or, invade my space.

Thanks in advance for your advice. Please feel welcome to contact us privately as we are looking for an honest response and understand how some public postings can be ridiculed (not so much in this forum, thankfully).

Guys, don't worry - while you may encounter an asshole or two (Vinnies & Wallies or general asshats), most of the people I have met at Hedo are respectful and wonderful. It is NOT a place where everyone is ogling either one of you for a cheap thrill!!

YEARS ago when my wife & I had just started dating, I was working on a project there & my better half (Mrs. L&I) joined me for a few days. A few hours after she left to go home, a GORGEOUS and SEXY woman approached me at the bar during a break and started flirting with me. One of her first questions was about my girlfriend (were we serious - YES!), and would I be interested in going to bed with her (out of respect for the future Mrs. L&I - No... ). We chatted for a few minutes more and whenever we saw each other over the next few days we said "Hello" and chatted.

I recount the above experience because the majority of people at Hedo are really cool people. As with any microcosm of humanity, most people are wonderful with a few jackasses sprinkled in to "spice" things up & keep things interesting..... Fortunately, most egotistical, self-centred vain assholes become politicians who would NEVER be caught in a place like Hedo, leaving it free for the rest of us to enjoy...... The balance of great people at Hedo will usually sort the goats (Vinnies & Wallies) from the sheep (us cool people) REALLY quickly!!! [Sometimes tying them up and tossing them over the fence to Sandals....]

Hi folks.

we are also one of those boring couple that visit Sandals... in MObay... one week at Hedo to party, meet loads of people, eat good food, dance till way too late, scuba dive twice a day, be naked most time, wear sexy outfit for the pleasure of my husband and others, have sex all over the resort with or without others LMAO then we go straight to Mobay for one more week of read a book on the beach, nap and get some rest before going back home, still have sex on the beach but late a night lol... the food selection is a touch bigger and different, scuba dive twice a day on the other side of Jamaica to see other stuff... BUT the big thing is we meet just about no one because people at Sandals do their own thing and don't really talk to others... I wear very hot bikini again for my husband's pleasure, but other do not appreciate as much at Sandals even if there are no rules about it... I even take my top off for laying in the sun!
    go have fun but realise it's two different kind of holiday lol both have value in their own ways!!

Not sure if someone already said this, but you will meet more disrespectful people at other locations rather at hedo.
    Why you ask?
    Because people are super sensitive to the subject, more so than anywhere else I have experienced.
    You will meet assholes at Sandels, Beaches, Rio, and Hedo.
    See the pattern?
    It is like asking if people speed on highways... Of course... No matter where you are at, you will find people speeding.
    HOWEVER, if you are aware of posted speed traps, more people slow down... BUT, you will also have the asshole who thinks they won't get caught.

Hedo is the speed trap on the highway... Everyone is hyper aware of respectfulness, however... You guessed it... Some asshole might push the limit.

Just my 2 cents
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.