Thread: Some folks will say I drank the Cool-aid, but I only drank Red Stripe

Some folks will say I drank the Cool-aid, but I only drank Red Stripe

Hi, we just returned from Back Home a week ago. On the way back I really wanted to come on this forum and recognize the Hedo Management team for the work that they are doing. Some will say I have consumed mega quantities of the Hedo Cool-aid, or have some other vested interest.
    Both are not true. In my professional life I was (now retired) a Process Design Manager. My main focus was building and managing customer experiences.
    So when I transact with any company, I tend to look at the experience with a more critical eye than most. However, because I know about all the moving parts required to move customer experience to the level of excellence, I also factor in reality.
    We were at Hedo in March and again in late November. The difference in how the Management Team is approaching issue management is startling, in a good way. They have a Beach Concierge going out each day and asking folks on the beach if everything is ok. Are they enjoying themselves, etc. There was an issue at the resort on the last night that we were there and within a few hours the next morning they got out ahead of it and approached the guests about a resolution.
    I briefly spoke to the General Manager (Kevin) about how impressed I was with the changes and he said that they were trying to do physical improvements to the resort and change staff culture at the same time, so it has been a very busy year.
    There were also a number of other Customer Experience improvements that I saw, along with physical improvements to the resort. A good many bigger, more well known international companies are no where near recognizing what they need to do, compared to the team at Hedo.
    I firmly believe that if we collectively, give the team a little space and time, because as a project manager I know that everything can not be done at once, particularly regarding cultural change, they will create a dynamite place to vacation.
    Anyway, I wanted to recognize the work that is being done back home.

Great, always like to hear of improvements. Can't wait to get back in 142 days and see them myself!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    I will raise a glass to the owners. I will never forget the "interview" I had with Jon Gross before he bought the place. I was up to the front desk one afternoon when the diningroom was empty and this guy with a gold chain asked if he could ask me a few questions. We grabbed a table and he asked me the typical questions, are you a couple or single, how long you staying, how many visits, do you come every year, are you in a group. Those sort of things. He never told me why he wanted to ask these questions, I just figured he was the competition or a potential group leader (of course he is the group leader of Hedo's largest group), so I just shrugged and got back to the beach.

Sometime later when the resort was sold everyone said Jon Gross and Harry Lange, bought Hedo and Jon looks just like Danny Devito, then I knew a couple of years later what it was all about.

I also think they are doing a great job, everything can't be fixed all at once, and changing employee culture is a huge undertaking and can be a frustrating.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

We came on this forum before our first trip to Hedo and that was at a time when the whole "you drank the Kool Aid" thing was raging, so we weren't expecting a lot. That being said, as typical Canadians (and Newfies so even more so) we are pretty easy going. Anyway, we found the resort to be very well run, and in better condition than we were expecting.

We have no idea what people opposed to the improvements are complaining about. Sure the place may not be the "same" but the way we understand it, if changes weren't made the occupancy rate may have began sliding and eventually the resort wouldn't have enough business to remain open.

We like the "new" Heco just fine and are looking forward to our second trip in five months this February.

Kudos to the new ownership and keep the I provements coming (really looking forward to the toga night foam party!).
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014