Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone had teds mushroom tea or special brownies lately?

has anyone had teds mushroom tea or special brownies lately?

i had jenny's cake and teds tea 4 or 5 years ago and was wondering if anyone has had either recently...
    "If you have to think about it just do it" :

K & S

I only found out about Tedd's Tea after we got back home last time (in Geoege Feldman's book Chillin in Negril). Planning on hitting that place up the second day we are there this year. I didn't dry the "space cakes" either, but neither of us like smoking much, so will be trying both this trip. Like you, we'll interested in finding out more about both.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

would love to find out more about that space cake, us either not much for smoking...

Yep Jenny's brownies are still around - but only start with small pieces!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Hmmm, Ted's shroom tea...sounds like something we might like. Is Ted a local or part of your group? Brownies sound good too! Is this a place to go in Negril?

Tedd's (yes, two d's) is a small shop only a few minutes' ride from Hedo. You can custom order your tea and it's made as potent as you like. Apparently, unlike weed, the shroom tea is legal. Go figure.

Being from the west coast of Newfoundland, we're no strangers to shroom tea, but we don't know if the shrooms used at Tedd's are thesame as those found in Newfoundland (which I'm told produce a buzz very similar to acid... Never tried acid so I can't say for sure, but I can say it's a freaky experience).

Hedo, February 2015.

Blog Entries
    don't have to be from the west coast to know about shroom tea.... but the both us us are non smokers and don't use any drugs at all... so we will stick to the rum... thats always a good buzz
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Absolutely Foxxy... But also a nasty hangover (for Mr. screech at least... As proud Newfoundlanders we feel we have a drinking reputation to uphold - and we do a wonderful job at it, much to our demise! ).

Hedo, February 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    Absolutely Foxxy... But also a nasty hangover (for Mr. screech at least... As proud Newfoundlanders we feel we have a drinking reputation to uphold - and we do a wonderful job at it, much to our demise! ).
    haha.....leave it to canucks to cure a drinking hangover with a "organic" buzz.....ceasars do the trick too......we will definatley check out this tea place....gotta help support the local economy!!!
    Hedo virgins no more -August 3-10 2014

March 2015
    August 8 - 18 2015
    March 2-9 2016
    July 4th week 2016
    February 4th, 2017
    next up....July 21-28 2019 AWOL.

SLSand kik nitendaycpl.....say hi

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    Tedd's (yes, two d's) is a small shop only a few minutes' ride from Hedo. You can custom order your tea and it's made as potent as you like. Apparently, unlike weed, the shroom tea is legal. Go figure.

Being from the west coast of Newfoundland, we're no strangers to shroom tea, but we don't know if the shrooms used at Tedd's are thesame as those found in Newfoundland (which I'm told produce a buzz very similar to acid... Never tried acid so I can't say for sure, but I can say it's a freaky experience).
    Thanks. We may just pick an afternoon high tea day.

I had the chance to tour with a local guy and we, a friend of mine who doesn't smoke but was interested in the effect of weed and me, asked him if it is possible to boil some tee for us. it was. we assisted him buying the stuff and went to a local store where a jamaican sales lady cooked it for us. very interesting experience. we then took a bottle with us. the rest, twice as much we had, was left in the store for the locals.
    totally new to the tea thing we shared it after dinner with 2 other friends. I can warn every neewbie. go slow and be patient. we didn't. I can now say that we lost an entire day of vacation. that stuff was way to strong for us. my friend kept asking me the day after when the effect would stop. I would like to try it again but 10% of the amount should be enough to have a nice buzz.

We had the Jenny cakes they were good for a slight buzz. Then again we are seasoned veterans if your new to it Go slow the effect can take time. just as a heads up they don't actually taste that good in case anyone was wondering. Never heard of this tea though? Would love some info on it if anyone's tried it.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Most mushrooms have the same chemical that's used in LSD (acid). While I have never used LSD, friends who have used both tell me it's a similar experience, except acid produces a steady, level buzz, whereas the mushrooms are more of a roller coaster effect with the buzz being really high at one point and then feeling like it's wearing off before something else draws your focus and you're right back to the top again.

The mushrooms we have in Newfoundland are like this. I haven't done any significant amount of them since I was a teenager, but I recall taking them (we usually ate them whole, didn't fuss much with tea) and having a buzz that would easily last 8/10 hours... To the point where at the end, you were ready for it to be over.

At high doses they can cause hallucinations (never had any myself) but at the right dose, they can make for a very interesting evening. As the above poster suggests though, just go slow. Have a small cup, wait 30 minutes to an hour and if you feel you want more, try another cup, etc. Better to work your way up to a comfortably numb state than to drink too much the first time as there's no going backward!

Hedo, February 2015.

Can you walk from the resort to Tedd's?

Not sure we would want this but it is intriguing. It's been many years since shrooms for me and if the effect on my body is anything like brownies have on me now then I'd better be really careful. Can you take this away from the shop back to the resort or is it a nice enough spot that you don't mind hanging out there for an hour or two?

Blog Entries
    I do smoke regularly, and I don't go near those brownies, too many folks sleeping the day away in the fetal position after consuming those. I just "roll another one, just like the other one". Easier to control the buzz and then I just let it wear down a little for dinner, then roll up a couple for the evening. Remember Hedo is about pacing. Long days, long week, don't want to miss a moment.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast