Thread: Not sure what resort to go to, Desire or Pearl Desire.

Not sure what resort to go to, Desire or Pearl Desire.

We are 50 and married 28 years. We have been to HBR, Breezes grand Negril, St Martin Club O ect.... We are not swingers but enjoying each other in the open is more than fine. We are trying to decide between the 2. What's important to us, nice beach with as few gawking textiles as possible, good food, acceptance, nude 24/7 except dining in some cases. Swimming snorkeling from the beach.

HBR was perfect except for the beach was rocky (cant really swim from it but was very secluded) and no PDA.

The beaches in Mexico are public, so anyone can walk past you. Aside from that either of the Desire resorts will fit the bill. We have only stayed at Pearl and we really liked it.

But if you want a beach with no gawkers, then you go to Hedo. Beach is important to us, which is why when we wanted to go somewhere last year for our 20th anniversary, we chose Hedo over either of the Desire properties.
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Depends what you want out of your vacation, if you're looking for a quiet relaxing time go to Pearl, it is VERY quiet and is a beautiful resort. We found that the nightlife at Pearl is done by around 10pm. If you want a little more activity, better nightlight go to RM, however both resorts are very quiet during the day compared to Hedo and there's a way better party vibe at Hedo. If you go to either Desire, make sure you do the foam party at Pearl on Saturday afternoon, it's a blast.

We have been to both Pearl and Riviera Maya (RM). RM seemed to have a little younger crowd. The nightlife at RM was a little more active also. RM has a heated pool if you plan to visit during the cooler part of the year...Pearl does not heat their pool (but their pool is HUGE). We preferred the more upscale rooms, food, and service at Pearl. There is plenty of craziness happening at Pearl...I think the vibe depends on who is at the resort when you go. We prefer to travel with a group...that way we have a better idea of what the vibe of the resort will be that week.

You can be naked around most of the resort all day, but clothing is required for meals. For the nicer restaurants men must wear slacks and closed toed shoes at dinner. You can read my detailed trip report of pearl (with pictures) here: http://desiremexico.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5150 (hope it is OK to list that here, but I really don't want to re-do the report for each site I am on!).

Feel free to ask me any specific questions about either resort!

Indy
    Hedonism July 2009, February 2010, February 2011 with the Fluffernutters
    Desire Riveria Maya November 2012 with the Fluffernutters
    Desire Los Cabos February 2013
    Desire Pearl November 2014 with Party Naked Baby
    Desire Pearl November 14-21, 2015 booked with Party Naked Baby

We are first timers and over 50, so we are looking at Pearl in mid July 2015.

Your detailed trip report was great! Thank you. The pictures were perfect. How did you manage to take pictures in the public areas? Did you get permission or sneak them?

Quote Originally Posted by KenandEl View Post
    Your detailed trip report was great! Thank you. The pictures were perfect. How did you manage to take pictures in the public areas? Did you get permission or sneak them?
    I did not ask permission...but I never took a picture with anyone else close by. I honestly don't see an issue taking pictures if no one is around...I think it is all about respect for others. On two occasions workers at the resort offered to take pictures of us...and a front desk employee stood by while a group of us took pictures of the coatimundi...and talked to us about the animal. If you pulled out a camera at poolside...it would be a problem...but if you use discretion and have respect...It did not seem to be a problem. I understand the resort has to have a strict camera policy, because some people don't understand discretion and they have to be able to tell people to put the camera away. If I had been asked...I would have been able to show that I had no pictures of other guests at any time...and I would have put my camera away at anytime if asked.
    ~Indy
    Hedonism July 2009, February 2010, February 2011 with the Fluffernutters
    Desire Riveria Maya November 2012 with the Fluffernutters
    Desire Los Cabos February 2013
    Desire Pearl November 2014 with Party Naked Baby
    Desire Pearl November 14-21, 2015 booked with Party Naked Baby