Thread: Newbie Trip Report, Desire RM 10/22 - 29: People and Vibe

Newbie Trip Report, Desire RM 10/22 - 29: People and Vibe

I wasn't sure at first whether or not to post a trip report, since I was not really keeping track during our trip of some of the "travel agent" type stuff that a lot of people put into their trip reports- rating the quality of each restaurant, room quality, etc. But the Mrs. and I did collect some thoughts about the part of the experience that mattered the most to us, which was the people we met and how we had fun with them! So here is a trip report about the people and the vibe from our very first time at a lifestyle-friendly resort- Desire Riviera Maya.

Just to put the lead up front, the Mrs. and I had a great time on our trip to Desire! We came home exhausted but happy, with some lasting friendships and a pile of hot and fun memories to sustain us until our next visit.

We spent the major part of our vacation naked- at the pool, the beach, the hot tub (ah, hot tub!), the bar, the gazebo, the Sin Room, other guest's rooms(!), and most everywhere in between! It was not a huge adjustment for us to be naked, surprisingly, and we really enjoyed the freedom, openness, honesty, and non-judgmental atmosphere that comes when (most) everyone is naked. And unlike a purely nudist setting (as I understand it), we were also all allowed to acknowledge the fact that it's a sexy environment, too! We did have to dress for breakfast and dinner, and took to just wrapping a towel around the naughty zones at lunch. And we did dress in really sexy (Mrs.) or really skimpy (me) costumes for the theme nights!

The hot tub deserves a paragraph all its own. We thought that, on most nights, 5:00 at the hot tub was just about the most fun you can have without having an orgasm (though some people had them at the hot tub anyway!). Although there was a sleepier vibe the first night, on the other nights the hot tub was a fairly fun, flirty, touchy, freely, slidey place! We took to positioning ourselves in a spot where people would have to squeeze by us to get to the hot tub bar- "Sorry, there's no room for me to avoid your boobs rubbing along my chest as you make your way to the bar." Nobody was forcing anyone to participate in that stuff, and anybody who wanted full no-touch clearance got it, or course. But the mood there was one of harmless flirty fun, so most people were good with a few shenanigans under the water (or above it!). One person had the brilliant idea of bringing a can of alcohol-infused whipped cream with them (thank you HedoJoe!), and many people volunteered to get a dollop or two applied, then cleaned (licked) off by a willing bystander! There were also a few more involved encounters, such as oral pleasuring of someone sitting on the edge of the hot tub. The hot tub conversation tended to get a little quieter when an event like that was taking place, and many heads turned. I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a nice BJ like that by a young blonde woman one evening.

As far as sexy playing is concerned, we found that it's not the indiscriminant meat market that some may believe it to be at a lifestyle-friendly resort. We met many couples who were not in the lifestyle but liked the sexier vibe, some who played a little just on trips like this (e.g., sex with just their SO on the rooftop beds by the hot tub or in the Sin Room), some who might soft swap if the situation were right, and some full-swap couples like us, who nonetheless wanted to establish a connection with the other couple before playing. We ended up playing with two other couples during our trip. It was a lot of fun, and the Mrs. stretched her sexual boundaries a bit! With one of the couples we hit it off with, we are hoping that will develop into a lasting friendship, because they really are great people!

It really is a fun environment. It is "out there" (for the uninitiated, anyway), but still safe enough that if you find you don't like it, you can forego the more uncomfortable activities without feeling like a social pariah! Honestly, I'm not even sure that everyone who wanted to play was able to make a four-way connection and have a full swap during a week's stay. Even at a place like Desire, swapping seemed to be a far from a guaranteed outcome.

There was a significant range of ages, with couples (and BTW, the Desire resort allows only couples- no single guests allowed) ranging in age from the 20s to the 70s. I think the average age was right around our age, high 40s to low 50s.

It's hard to guess how many of the guests were lifestyle people. Partly that is due to the fact that many people were probably "situationally" adventurous and maybe did not play when they were not at a resort like Desire. I'd make a wild guess that maybe half to two-thirds of the couples were willing to engage in some kind of play somewhere between same-room with their own partner and full-on orgy!

In addition to the hot tub fun, the entertainment staff runs games and sexy contests around the pool. For example, we played a game of naked water polo in the pool, where the rule was that the guys could not touch the girls, but the girls could touch the guys as much as they wanted! Let's just say that the guys were "aggressively defended", with some of the girls hanging off the guys and rubbing up against them in ways designed to distract them from the game... I can report that I was successfully distracted quite a bit during that game!

The staff also ran sexy contests, which were lots of fun and gave people a chance to make fools of themselves in front of everybody. the Mrs. and I got roped into one game where our task was to jointly drink a baby-bottle filled with some purple, tequila-laden liquid. The twist was that we had to assume different sex positions, drink from the bottle for a while, then at the emcee's signal switch to a different position where the other one of us would drink from the bottle. For example, we started with the Mrs. drinking while we were arranged with me standing, her kneeling in front of me, and the bottle right at my crotch level. She got to suck from the bottle for 10 or 15 seconds, then the emcee made us switch. We got into a simulated 69, me on the bottom, and I sucked from the bottle that was next to the Mrs.'s crotch. Anyway, in addition to being the slowest bottle-drinkers, we publicly displayed a humiliating lack of imagination in sexual positions! But we had lots of fun, and even got a couple of shot glasses as a reward for embarrassing ourselves.

I have been asked whether there were any incidents of staff having to throw a bucket of cold water on a randy couple fornicating where it was not allowed. No, I did not witness any cases where staff had to separate anybody. We did not see any PDSs (public displays of sex) in a disallowed location. Surprisingly, we did not exactly witness a stream of non-stop PDSs even in the beds by the hot tub, which I would have thought would be the prime spot to watch that kind of fun. I have heard that some places such as Hedo have far more of this kind of fun going on, while others such as Caliente in Tampa are more sedate than DRM. You pays your money, you takes your choice!

The main point is that Desire RM is lots of fun, and it's a non-threatening environment for people who think they might be up for some sexual adventures! I'm not saying that there is never an asshole who doesn't take no for an answer- we heard one tale from a woman who has been to a Desire many times, and on her first visit had some persistent, unwelcome advances from some guy who didn't want to hear "no". But we were assured that if anything like that were to happen to us, we could report it to the resort staff, and they would take prompt action, to include throwing the offender out of the resort if needed. It made us feel more secure that things would not go beyond our limits.

So that is what we thought of the people and the atmosphere on our first visit to DRM. We would really love to return to DRM again, or to head to an even more sexy place like Hedo next time!
    CoupleInMD

(CoupleInMD79 on SLS, APG, Kasidie, and Quiver)

DRM Oct 22 - 29, 2014
    DRM Feb 8 - 15, 2015
    Bliss Cruise Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2015
    Naughty in Nawlins July 6 - 10, 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 27 - Dec 4, 2016
    Naughty in N'awlins July 2017

I know you two had a great time for your first experience at a resort of this kind. It was our pleasure to meet you and wish we could have spent more time together getting to know one another.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

as Newbies to Desire RM we've wondered how it would compare to Hedo so we'll share our thoughts on the 2 resorts.

I think the 2 resorts are far more similar than different. Similar all-inclusive concept, similar rooms (though we have not been to Hedo since the renovation), clothing optional pool and beach area, water sports, exercise room, daytime activities, theme nights, menu or buffet restaurants, etc..

We liked the size of Desire RM. It's smaller than Hedo and easier to get from room to pool to restaurants etc.. The lunch buffet was right next to the pool area so easy to break for lunch or even grab a quick snack. We also liked the larger pool area at Desire RM. There is still the annoying habit of people reserving pool chairs that sit empty but at least there were enough chairs around the pool for anyone who wanted one plus there were some very comfortable beds in the shade by the pool. We loved the fact that the music at the pool was at a moderate volume. We could have a conversation without having to shout over loud club music.

We liked the meals at Desire at bit more. Better quality than Hedo in our opinion. We've always liked the food at Hedo. Definitely a larger variety at Hedo but we thought the Desire food was better quality. We also thought they did a much better job of keeping the buffet stocked. We ate twice at the Sahlo restaurant and both meals were excellent. It's a bit classier environment at Desire in the restaurants which for us, works. Men were generally in long pants and women were in nicer but sexy evening attire. Even the buffet restaurant was a bit more intimate than Hedo for those couples who prefer a quieter dinner.

We met a bunch of fun people at Desire but the Hedo crowd is definitely a bit wilder and naughtier. I was surprised at how many people were at the pool and hot tub in bathing suits. (bathing suits in the hot tub?) We like how "nude means nude" at Hedo. The theme nights at Hedo have much better participation and generally naughtier and wilder outfits than we saw at Desire. The pool at Desire was much tamer than Hedo but late afternoon most people moved up to the hot tub which became very crowded and very social and very fun. (see the above post). Things again picked up at the main bar around 9-ish as the evening theme nights started up. Then off to the disco and or playrooms. Far fewer PDAs at Desire than Hedo.

Desire is the clear winner in terms of service. Nothing against the Hedo staff, they do a good job but the Desire service was exceptional. Prompt, friendly, efficient. They truly act like they value our business. We never had to wait more than a few seconds for a drink, refill on wine, coffee, etc. The staff seemed to enjoy making drink recommendations or meal recommendations and rarely said no to any request. One server recommended a drink to us then went back and brought the bottle to our table to let us sample and told us about the local liquor.

We liked that Desire was couples only. The Mrs. never felt bothered, uncomfortable or creeped out by anyone. I know the vast majority of singles at Hedo are fun and respectful but it seems like every trip there were a handful that didn't know how to conduct themselves at an erotic, adult resort. Fewer cameras at Desire which for us is a plus though the resort could do a better job of enforcing the no cell phone policy at the pool.

Lastly, the experience of getting to the resort was a breeze. Direct flight from Chicago, quick though customs and immigration, short wait for the van and 20 minute drive to the resort. It was less than 90 minutes from landing to naked by the pool. Desire unfortunately would not even consider letting us in our room before 3 but we made the best of it.

No question we'd return to both resorts. The vibe and crowd at Hedo is an experience all in itself and we've been generally pleased with the resort facilities. We had a great time at Desire, met some wonderful people and really liked the overall resort and will definitely return. There is a new resort being built right next door to Desire RM so it remains to be seen how that might affect the vibe at Desire.

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    I know you two had a great time for your first experience at a resort of this kind. It was our pleasure to meet you and wish we could have spent more time together getting to know one another.
    Hedo Joe, was nice meeting you and your lovely wife at Desire. Hope to see you again in the future. We want to see her wear that outfit she described with the you-know-what attached.

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    Hedo Joe, was nice meeting you and your lovely wife at Desire. Hope to see you again in the future. We want to see her wear that outfit she described with the you-know-what attached.
    LOL! Who knows when that outfit will pop out next.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857