Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtyard Renovations

Quote Originally Posted by L&I View Post
    Well, democracy rules..... if enough people shed their clothes there, what are the clothing police going to do about it?
    (Power to the Naked People!!)
    I'm reading this as a "tongue in cheek" post. Obviously it would be nice as a clothing optional area, but if it's not, people should respect that.

What would the clothing police do? I don't know... Probably just be annoyed with the guests who disrespect them and the resort rules. These folks (Jamaicans trying to make a living in a place where that isn't so easy to do), have a job to do. If you break the rules, they are put in a difficult position. I'd rather management simply refund people who decide the rules don't apply to them and inform them they aren't welcome back. Simple enough solution.

Again, want to reiterate I believe L & I was kidding (the smiley face tells me so!), but there are sure to be people who will test the boundaries of the courtyard and the unfortunate security and resort staff who will have to deal with those with no respect for the rules.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Or you can just go during Lovevoodoofest and everywhere (except dining areas) is clothing optional.

Quote Originally Posted by ajv767fo View Post
    Or you can just go during Lovevoodoofest and everywhere (except dining areas) is clothing optional.
    Great point.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    Don't usually weigh in on these debates, but I have to say something here.

I was in the liquor store the other day holding on to a bottle of wine that cost $1120 a bottle. Not saying Hedo will carry that wine (or one as expensive) in the wine bar but it is totally unreasonable to expect to have a bottle of wine, by the glass, at an all inclusive that exceeds $4 per glass in cost. I really enjoy wine and the house wine at Hedo is barely passable (I'm not a wine snob, but I don't drink it). But I don't expect the ownership to purchase $50 bottles of wine to include it free in my AI package. If I want free wine, I can get it. If I'm willing to pay a little extra to get something special, that's a nice option.

If you don't want the higher priced wine, don't buy it. Drink the free stuff, or stick to beer and cocktails. But please don't begrudge those of use who might be okay with buying a bottle of wine over and above the AI package.

Nobody is being nickle and dimed here. The courtyard will be a place where you can hang out with free wifi access, and you can have a nice glass of wine or nice coffee, or walk 50 feet and get a free coffee or drink of your choice and come back and sit down.

It doesn't have to be all inclusive or nothing.

I personally also enjoy coffee, but the stuff in the machine (free) is excellent, so I'll use that, but I won't prevent someone from ordering a coffee that might be "special" in some way. Your money, your decision.

I really don't get what the fuss is about. It's a nice addition. Use it, or don't. Doesn't affect the price of your trip (however making high end wine and coffee part of the AI package might affect the price, as someone will have to pay for my free $1120 bottle of wine).

Be careful what you wish for...
    Excellent post. Nothing has changed for the base price. By offering additional upgrades to individuals who chose to take advantage of it whether it be for the rooms, coffee, wine, or food in Martinos is a smart way to offer those amenities without driving up the cost to everyone.
    Last edited by Hedo1990; 10-18-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedo1990 View Post
    Excellent post. Nothing has changed for the base price. By offering additional upgrades to individuals who chose to take advantage of it whether it be for the rooms, coffee, wine, or food in Martinos is a smart way to offer those amenities without driving up the cost to everyone.
    Are there now food items at Martinos available for extra charge? The last time I was there all food was included. I hope if they start offering foods for a fee that the tenderloin remains free. Wouldn't mind the option to order lobster though...

This is not inclusive to Love Voodoo...the whole resort is now c/o for every group and every week with the exception in the dining areas...and now the courtyard.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonflixxx View Post
    Are there now food items at Martinos available for extra charge? The last time I was there all food was included. I hope if they start offering foods for a fee that the tenderloin remains free. Wouldn't mind the option to order lobster though...
    It has been that way at least since March. The normal menu is still there and still excellent. There is a separate menu, that you have to ask for, that has some other items like rib-eyes and yes I believe lobster.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

I don't really care about wifi at Hedo. Isn't that point of going? As for the fancy coffees, same point. But I do appreciate the smoke free environment for breathing reasons.

It has been like that year round for a couple of years, not just Loovevoodoo week.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    This is not inclusive to Love Voodoo...the whole resort is now c/o for every group and every week with the exception in the dining areas...and now the courtyard.
    Forgive us if this has already been asked, but the resort has been c./o for a while now in all areas except dining areas for obvious and reasonable health reasons.

Here is a quote from Harry on the matter July,2014.

"Just to clarify one point. 1/3 of the resort is not clothing optional–no clothing is allowed in that section. That is what makes Hedonism II unique. You don’t feel on display when you choose to go au natural when everyone else is the same way. The other 2/3 of the resort is clothing optional.

You can be nude in the prude (up front) pool now and naked volleyball in that pool happens regularly.

The only consideration is that if we are naked we shouldn’t go next to or into the dining area or next to or into the bar in the dining area, especially during meal times.

HedoHarry"

This statement by Harry was consistent with the long standing policy of the resort.. we also expected not to be naked in the gift shop or the old jewelery store.

Also a post from "Tiger" whom we know as someone who works for Jon and Unwind travel with this comment on the same thread:

"Nudity is allowed everywhere except for the gym, spa, gift shop, dining room and restaurants.
    All pools and beach areas are open to nude guests.
    The nude beach and pool require full nudity; the main pool and other pool and beach are clothing optional; so you may be fully dressed, partially dressed or undressed.
    Technically nudity is allowed in the disco and piano bar but most folks dress for those areas as well.
    The dining areas require private body parts to be covered. I think we can all agree that is a good thing…."

How did we get from this above policy to preventing nudity in the courtyard area? What if we wanted to play naked pool or table tennis? or if we want to play strip pool?

Has the resort specifically added a new policy of no nudity in the courtyard and how has this been communicated to the guests?
    Seems confusing and contradictory to the original policy.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    It has been like that year round for a couple years, not just Loovevoodoo week.
    Ya we got it the first time. You're right...I was wrong, thanks for pointing it out again.

Ya we got it the first time. You're right...I was wrong, thanks for pointing it out again.
    Ya, I respond when I read a message, not when I get to the bottom of the thread.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by sunbabes View Post
    Technically nudity is allowed in the disco and piano bar but most folks dress for those areas as well.
    The dining areas require private body parts to be covered. I think we can all agree that is a good thing…."

How did we get from this above policy to preventing nudity in the courtyard area? What if we wanted to play naked pool or table tennis? or if we want to play strip pool?

Has the resort specifically added a new policy of no nudity in the courtyard and how has this been communicated to the guests?
    Seems confusing and contradictory to the original policy.

Just sayin'
    It was posted either on the Amigos or Hedo II Facebook group that nudity was not allowed in the courtyard by someone who was there during the week that it was first opened, and was told that. It was also stated that the sex police were moderating what was happening on those new couches...lol. My guess it falls into the same category as "Technically nudity is allowed..but what happened was". I have not seen an official announcement, but Harry is all over the Hedo II FB Group and could address the situation, he has posted quite a bit of info as of late.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    It was posted either on the Amigos or Hedo II Facebook group that nudity was not allowed in the courtyard by someone who was there during the week that it was first opened, and was told that. It was also stated that the sex police were moderating what was happening on those new couches...lol. My guess it falls into the same category as "Technically nudity is allowed..but what happened was". I have not seen an official announcement, but Harry is all over the Hedo II FB Group and could address the situation, he has posted quite a bit of info as of late.

We left the Facebook Hedo site, in part because it was being run by someone who is not actually an official representative of Hedo and in part due it its policy of having the group be more open than we could tolerate, due to our desire for privacy that FB tends to coblend too easily.

Our earlier posts ( with the quotes from Harry and Tiger) actually come from the official hedonism website @ community.hedonism.com, which we infer being the official voice of the resort.

While we understand lots of people are on the FB group,
    I would not think that the hedo folks are obligated to respond to private guest groups on FB or other social media (including this site) for that matter and that the only place we might expect official responses would be on the actual hedonism site.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbabes View Post
    We left the Facebook Hedo site, in part because it was being run by someone who is not actually an official representative of Hedo and in part due it its policy of having the group be more open than we could tolerate, due to our desire for privacy that FB tends to coblend too easily.

Our earlier posts ( with the quotes from Harry and Tiger) actually come from the official hedonism website @ community.hedonism.com, which we infer being the official voice of the resort.

While we understand lots of people are on the FB group,
    I would not think that the hedo folks are obligated to respond to private guest groups on FB or other social media (including this site) for that matter and that the only place we might expect official responses would be on the actual hedonism site.
    I agree that official responses should come from their web page and not any forum. But Harry posting on the FB forum is pretty official if you ask me...as someone said there, straight from the horses mouth. In just the last few weeks he has clarified rules about nudity and tipping and announced what the next improvements will be and in what order they will be done. I don't think Harry feels obligated posting there, seems like he enjoys it...and I am glad he does as that is where I spend most of my time now reading and discussing Hedo. Their official forum (paid version) will most likely flop and this one and Denny's is getting less and less traffic everyday due to the ever encompassing balloon of Facebook. Joe's Hedo II FB might not be official...but he has most of if not all of the the main players of Marshmallow Inc. as members.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast