Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Courtyard Renovations

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    We have a personal account with fb and then we have a Switch Hitters account with fb mostly used to add new members to our secret fb group page for our trip. The two have never clashed at all. Never a problem.
    Thats great.. just do not post any facial pics or other identifiable information on the Switch Hitters account.
    If you do, Facebook will definately connect your personal account with the Switch Hitters one.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbabes View Post
    Thats great.. just do not post any facial pics or other identifiable information on the Switch Hitters account.
    If you do, Facebook will definately connect your personal account with the Switch Hitters one.

I have several pics of my face on there, nothing has ever connected. I even have a few of the exact same pictures on both accounts. I don't think fb is quite that advanced, lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    I have several pics of my face on there, nothing has ever connected. I even have a few of the exact same pictures on both accounts. I don't think fb is quite that advanced, lol
    With all due respect, and as someone who was, in part, responsible for development of the facial recognition software that is used today in Facebook,
    I can tell you for certainty, it IS that smart.
    I have also taken the opportunity to point this out to many friends in the lifestyle to protect their identity.

I am posting this information now largely as a public service, for the many people who incorrectly think that they are keeping the two worlds apart.

Angela Switch-Hitters... sound familiar?

Angela Switch-Hitters... sound familiar?
    Yes that is my Switch Hitters account. But it has never meshed in any way with my vanilla personal account.

Joe... I understand that you want the Hedo group to be publicly visible, but this creates our issue.. we cannot have our membership or comments in the group be public. We are members of the Fluff secret group and many others that allow us to participate there with the privacy we need for our comfort.

Also the ideas as presented here of creating a LS specific account on facebook is doomed as Facebook is engineered to use facial reco as well as other social graph purposes to connect people with interests.

As long as your group remains visible to the public, this is going to be an issue.

There is a way of being able to open up a page for public consumption and allow people to find the group, but then to have people access a secret group where the actual contact and content happen.. if you are interested, i can help you with setting that up.

As for the "lacking traction" comment, I was referring to the earlier poster who has suggested that the official site of hedonism's site community.hedonism.com
    seems to be lacking traction.

It would seem to be problematic if Harry is posting things on Facebook that are also not being reflected in the companies website... this would present a bit of a public perception problem.
    Specifically when I asked about C/O policy on the resort and what had been posted in July from the official webmistress, she told me that she had not heard that the courtyard was clothing required and this was likely a rumour.

Clearly the different parts of Hedo need to co-ordinate any intended change in the longstanding policies and communciate those notions via the official business channel of the organization and that we as the guests would expect that comments made on other social media outlets would need to be considered rumour, regardless of who is the poster.

I am sure Hedonism is trying to navigate this social media world the same as the rest of us, Harry included.
    I ran a test using my second account and posted pictures of both my wife and I. It recognized only one picture of me and tagged it with the secondary account name and did not tag any of my wife.

The fact that the group is visible, and has been for about 10 years is not a problem for 99% of the people as a membership of 5000 people can attest to. FYI, Harry ASKED to join the Hedonism II group on FB. Management knows how it is received and perceived and has embraced social media that already exists. They tried to reinvent the wheel with their community web site but as I previously stated, Jon has said that the FB group is better than any other site out there.

Creating one group to let people join and then directing them to a second group is a little bit ridiculous and more time consuming than this already is. Remember, I do this as a hobby. If Hedo wanted to pay me, that would be a different story.

If you are on the Fluff page, you already know that more info for trips is put on the FB page than the actual Fluff web site. I'm sorry if the group is not for you.
    Last edited by HedoJoe; 10-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

With respect to the courtyard.

Warning (and self recognition):

Backseat Driver Onboard

Appreciation to the owners for maintaining the "vibe" and throwing capital into the resort.

The courtyard looks dramatically different. But something is missing. Need.
    Where is the "bang-for-the-buck".
    That new furniture would look just swell in the old courtyard trees and all.

Other, more needy things exist on the property. Improvements to the hot water system, as a nagging example.

Left with thinking, a symbol of "yes, we are improving"?
    A variation on the Hawthorne Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSay View Post
    With respect to the courtyard.

Warning (and self recognition):

Backseat Driver Onboard

Appreciation to the owners for maintaining the "vibe" and throwing capital into the resort.

The courtyard looks dramatically different. But something is missing. Need.
    Where is the "bang-for-the-buck".
    That new furniture would look just swell in the old courtyard trees and all.

Other, more needy things exist on the property. Improvements to the hot water system, as a nagging example.

Left with thinking, a symbol of "yes, we are improving"?
    A variation on the Hawthorne Effect?
    Agreed... while the piano bar is improved it was almost 4 months to effectively level out the courtyard, cut down all the trees and put in a few bricks and some fresh seating.
    At least the bathrooms are a marked improvement, but its a little underwhelming.

Now the next "big" improvement is nude side bathrooms? seems like the really interesting renos are done already

I'd be a big fan of a playroom addition, or if one night a week the disco or new courtyard area was converted into a playroom... The courtyard at night, outdoors, would make for an awesome set up.

I know some will say all of Hedo is a playroom, and I don't want to start a playroom debate, it's just that we like the playroom atmosphere and for us, the place would be more attractive with that amenity. It's still great without it of course, but it was great without a wine bar and cafe too.
    Last edited by Newfie Screech; 10-22-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    If you go with a group that does it, they sometimes turn the spa into a playroom and it works out really well. It's far enough out of the way so that it doesn't interfere with those that aren't into playrooms.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    I ran a test using my second account and posted pictures of both my wife and I. It recognized only one picture of me and tagged it with the secondary account name and did not tag any of my wife.
    Joe. you seriously think that the Facebook algorithm is going to operate according to your "test" case.
    I have already explained that facial reco is used.. and it is done at the time of Facebooks' choosing, not yours.

Rest assured that if you place pics( ideally more is better of course) across two facebook accounts, the system will figure out those that are the same people.

Just so you know it happens, when a pop up add ask you sometime if your friends want to tag Ellen as your wife, you should tell them to say no.. that is a confirmational step that is often used to check on the reco of the system and confirm an arc of your social graph.

Its just a matter of time.
    Last edited by sunbabes; 10-23-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks Raam. We did not know this. Now just have to find out which groups do this and plan accordingly.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Blog Entries
    we book with tomstrips and they always has a play room once in the week...
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Our agent is Toms' Trips and we have a play room. The staff bring in mattresses and there are (fake) candles all over the place and soft music playing and we also are going to have the sybian set up (google that if you don't know what it is OMG!!!!) - anyway, it is very romantic and gets very steamy!!!!!

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    I posted these in my trip report thread but figured I should post them here too.

Daytime pics of the new courtyard.
    http://imgur.com/a/Og8k0

Night pics of the new courtyard.
    http://imgur.com/a/YM5Tk

The renovated men's room by the piano bar.
    http://imgur.com/a/ifrNS

New wine bar.
    http://imgur.com/a/1qRCP
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

Nice photos, thanks for posting them. Can't wait to check it out ourselves in January.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast